3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

Lowering Springs for 3rd Gen Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 08:45 PM

Lowering Springs for 3rd Gen Camaro

are they all pretty much the same, or are there certain company's to stay away from? Also how much should i drop my car? I waz kinda looking at the SPRINT kit because it drops it 2 inches, but I haven't heard many things from that company? should I just go with Eibach sportline so I won't have any worry's? I really don't know much about lowering springs, so any input about them, please post, it'll be greatly appreciated..thanks..
Old 07-26-2004, 01:26 PM

Re: Lowering Springs for 3rd Gen Camaro

I picked up a set of the suspension techniques springs, and am quite happy with them. The handling difference is huge, even with regular old gabriel struts and shocks. The look is good, too, with the tire now filling up the wheel opening.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:46 PM

right now my springs and shocks are bad, so I was thinking abotu getting lowering springs and new shocks and take care of everything in one project..the sportline is 1.3-1.6 I believe, and the prokit is 1 inch and i'm afraid that won't be enough...but ground clearance is good with my headers because they are shorty's and the y pipe is tucked up nicely, just the pipe that was put in where my cat was is hanging kinda low and that scrapes because there are exhaust clamps that hang a bit lower than the rest of my car....i'm just gonna have to learn how to drive slower ...where can i get the sportline kit for under 200 bucks besides ebay??? thanks
Old 07-26-2004, 01:53 PM

i paid a little over a hundred dollars for the DropZone springs on my car off ebay,handles great and rides good too. i replaced the shocks and struts w/ new pieces at the same time as well.

i think they lower the car 1.25 in the front and 1.5 in the rear.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:36 PM

alright i just ordered some off ebay..they are eibach but i dunno if they are sportline or prokit, there is a pic of the prokit on the auction but all the info is about the sportline kit so i'm going to talk to the seller to make sure its the sportline kit...i just want to know, how hard are these to put on? should i just get them put on by a shop or would it be easy enough for me to do??
Old 07-26-2004, 06:02 PM

I've got sportlines on my 88 Formula and it sits pretty low but not as low as some cars I've seen.

here is a pic of it stock,
Old 07-26-2004, 06:16 PM

I cut my stock springs and i'm really happy with the results, there is not point in buying lowering springs unless you are tuning the suspension and need specific rate springs. There is really know way to know much lowering springs will lower the car, no matter what the manufactor says. All cars are different and weight different amounts. That is why it is best to cut the stock springs until you get exactly what you want. I cut a full coil of the front, which lowered it about 2". Now the tire is tucked 1/2" inside the fender. I also cut 2 dead coils from the rear springs. It lowered it 1.5", the tire is about 1/2" from being flush with the fender lip. It looks real mean and handles real nice. It makes the car look like it should, mean!
Old 07-26-2004, 08:00 PM

Sportlines are the only way to roll. Well I guess air ride would beat it, but I can only think of one person who has it