3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

got the k member in some pic`s too

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 05:57 PM

Smile got the k member in some pic`s too

I put it off as long as I could but finally started it this weekend, I bought the k member from Pro fab racing..also got the coil over conversion and tubular a arms. Got lucky and scored some billet strut mounts off another board member :-) here`s some pic`s at the domain site..I`ll add more when it`s all done

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/487725/5
Old 07-03-2004, 12:14 AM

Im very, very jealous Looks great man!
Old 07-03-2004, 11:39 AM

Very Nice!

Have you drove it yet since the upgrade? How does it fell if so?

Martin
Old 07-04-2004, 04:32 PM

Yep, drove it today..got the alignment on it. From a race car standpoint, it is the ultimate..for a street car standpoint..it leaves a lot to be desired. 1st thing is there are no bump stops any more..i.e. strut is now hitting the spring plate over good sized bumps, if your from michigan you`d know what I mean abouit good sized. Maybe a different spring rate will help, I`m at 250 psi right now with about two and half inches of travel before contact. The car still has the same ride hieght as before...I could raise it up but it wouldn`t look right, but it wouldn`t bottom out over the construction zone area`s. The ride quailty (besides the bottoming issue) and the response is simply amazing from what it used to be. The swap has dropped 45 pounds at the front tires so it feels as if transfers wieght much faster than before...does seem to hook better, it leaves less rubber before gettin` down to biz. The other side of the fence is this..I can change the plugs from the top or the bottom now :-) oil pan will now come off in the car without jacking the motor :-) everything is much easier to access. Lighter = faster. If you drop a socket it will hit the ground :-) diff has some bugs to work out though :-{
Old 07-04-2004, 08:00 PM

wow thats awesome. Any chance that leaves enough space to toss a 4th gen rack n pinion steering setup in there?
Old 07-05-2004, 11:29 AM

Thumbs up

looks great. what did you end up doing with the AM mounts...looks like you made new ones.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:09 PM

what did you end up doing with the AM mounts...looks like you made new ones.
Well, kandied I planned on trying to use the 2.5 set up which somehow I thought would work with fabbing new mounts copied off the AM`s. Not! The 2.5 set-up would work fine for a car that see`s only a drag strip or pro streeter that has fairly nice roads to roam, but you know as well as I do that these roads around here are the pits. My plan is to use the AM mounts with a three inch spring as you did..where did you find a mount for the lower portion of your strut? I`m also finding it hard to find 3x10 springs readily avaliable..I`ll make some calls tuesday.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:26 AM

well i didn't find a strut that carried it. the bilstein is the only strut housing that won't require major reworking which is why it was an easy choice to modify mine. the springs are just as available in that size as any other......

might be easier just to pick up what i have rather then going through all the hassle but if there is anything i can help you out with let me know. at 150 a set the eibachs were the best choice and that was on my discount. i believe they go for around 180+ new.

good luck.

Old 07-06-2004, 08:08 AM

THATS SWEET