Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 Powertrain Discussion > 3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #1

BBC into 1986 Z28, Front Springs?

My friend is going to be putting a 454 into his 1986 Z28. What would be his best option for a set of springs to handle the extra weight that will be on the front end? The engine has an aluminum intake manifold and headers. He is looking for something close to the stock ride height in the front, maybe a bit lower but not a lot.

Thanks in advance.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse James
Just like word association for me, someone says running from the cops and the first word that popped into my head was CAMARO!
OutsiderIROC-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #2

my dads friend built his wife a 91 with a 454 and i dont think he changed the springs and if he wants to lower it only an inch or so the extra weight will do the trick
89 iroc zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89 iroc zl1 View Post
my dads friend built his wife a 91 with a 454 and i dont think he changed the springs and if he wants to lower it only an inch or so the extra weight will do the trick
Thanks for the info. Did he upgrade the cooling system any at all on it? My friend is thinking of upgrading the radiator regardless.

Quote:
Just like word association for me, someone says running from the cops and the first word that popped into my head was CAMARO!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #4

I replaced my IROC 383 TPI struts with Lakewoods, the springs with Moroso trick springs, and the ball joints while I was at it. If his ride has over 100,000 like most third gens do he should replace them.
I also put a 3 core radiator in,Hayden cooling fan,160 thermostat. Also make sure the lower airdam is in place as that makes a big difference in cooling these cars down. (My engine temp. doesn't get above 180 even on the really hot days, and the cooler days it runs about 165-170)
1988IROC-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #5

Couple more questions:

What did y'all use for an oil pan?

Were there any clearance issues with the power steering pump and the steering box?

Thanks again for all your help, it is much appreciated.

Quote:
Old 02-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Couple more questions:

What did y'all use for an oil pan?

Were there any clearance issues with the power steering pump and the steering box?
I have a Moroso 6qt. pan. As far as clearance issues go, there were none.
1988IROC-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:46 PM

Reply Post New Thread