2010 - 2015 Camaro Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Discussion for 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Wheels | Tires | Brakes | Suspension

[Suspension] Documenting the PEDDERS CAMARO BUILD

Old 08-17-2009, 05:15 PM

Documenting the PEDDERS CAMARO BUILD

Pedders Gets ProCharged

Pete shipped the Pedders Camaro off to ProCharger last week. They will be using the bone stock engine and exhaust to create a final tune to ship with the retail ready kit. Because the Pedders Camaro gets around to many shows and on the web we will have our blower and hardware highly polished. Is is SOP for us, looks great but takes a lot of work to stay that way.

PEDDERS CAMARO ON THE SHOWROOM
This is the first step in our build. When we get it back it will get a full Revolution body kit, 305/30 19 Bridgestone RE11 mounted on the lightest weight ZX3 wheel that Forgeline can make including titanium hardware. We will install headers, exhaust cutouts, chambered exhaust, electric water pump, header coating, oil coolers, special brake pads and a custom tune. Then the Pedders eXtreme Track Kit.When we are done we expect to have 600 RWHP on a dyno certified accurate for SCCA work. We should be able to pull over 1G on the skid pad and expect to run laps faster than a C6 Z06 stock Corvette.

Pete picks up the Pedders ProCharged Camaro from ATI this Friday and will drive it back to Michigan. By the time they get to Backstreet Performance for the final tune he will have about 4,000 miles on it or put another way close enough to break it in and get good numbers and performance on the street and dyno. This is just the start of the thread. We will get pictures of the Pedders Camaro starting this weekend and throughout the build. It will debut at the Berger All Chevy Show on the 29th of this month.

Revolution Body Kits
bodydrop45@aol.com

Back Street Performance
650 W. Smith Rd. Unit 12
Medina, OH 44256
http://www.backstreetper.com
Rich Johnson
rich@backstreetper.com

Berger Chevrolet
2525 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI, 49512
616) 828-5916
http://www.bergerchevrolet.com/

thanks,
mike
dms__________________
Old 08-18-2009, 10:11 AM

Jason,

When do you get your ProCharger installed?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:16 AM

pete, when is the car going to be at backstreet? im hoping to be able to come up there and meet you if your going to be there.....and maybe get a test ride/drive?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
pete, when is the car going to be at backstreet? im hoping to be able to come up there and meet you if your going to be there.....and maybe get a test ride/drive?
Hmmm that would be a test ride It looks like the second week of September for final tuning, coolers and such.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:16 PM

you gonna make it to the f body classic at summit racing next month? if your going to be at backstreet the second week, the show is the 12th and 13th.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
you gonna make it to the f body classic at summit racing next month? if your going to be at backstreet the second week, the show is the 12th and 13th.
Possibly.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:48 PM

Pete flew in tonight to pick up is camaro with the pro charger blower on it. Next to back street performance for a bunch of upgrades!

Thanks
mike
dms
Old 08-23-2009, 01:26 PM

The guys at ProCharger are nothing less than awesome. They treat me so incredibly well i cannot imagine using another product. Their installations are off the charts and more refined every time. They have out performed my expectations again and that is saying a lot Becca my expectations were exceptionally high this time around.

The blower has helical cut gears which are much quieter than the standard cut. The classic ProCharger whistle is gone. It is dead quiet at idle. No one will know what is under the hood. It is dead quiet at speed. The dump is virtually inaudible. This is the most refined ProCharger ever. The only clue you have that the Pedders USA, LLC Camaro is ProCharged comes when you depress the accelerator.

The mounting bracket for the unit is thicker, stronger and just plain looks rock solid. The tensioner is a twelve rib unit on my currently eight rib belt. It appears to be bullet proof. Everything looks factory clean. The air filter mounts cleanly atop the engine.

There is much debate about the placement of the air filter. Here are a few details you should be aware of. The air flow in an engine compartment is designed at the factory to draw hot air down and away from the engine compartment. When a vehicle is in motion there is little difference in temperatures in the engine compartment unless we are measuring right next to the exhaust manifolds. Now in Pedders Camaro, we really like the placement of the air intake on the ProCharger because our Revolution Camaro Cowl Induction Hood will be feeding it a steady supply of external air.

Now for the bad news ProCharger delivered to me. My Camaro was the limpest stick in the units they have tested. It came in 18 RWHP low. I am hoping that some very spirited driving will loosen this thing up and let it grow some hair. A typical ProCharged Camaro will produce 525 RWHP. Mine limped in at 510. We are in no way ready to give up those missing 18 ponies. The math doesn't seem right because while we limped into ProCharger our ProCharged gain was slightly above average which give us hope that it is still breaking in.

We also are upgrading the exhaust to included American Racing Headers, Sweet Thunder chambered exhaust and QTP cut outs. An electric water pump will be installed so we can cycle it after runs to keep cooling the engine. Eric at back Street Performance will be doing a custom tune. With all this we expect to find at least another 50 RWHP and if the missing ponies come home we may reach our goal of 600 RWHP. Time will tell.

To all those dedicated people at ProCharger that worked so hard on this project Pedders USA, LLC extends our thanks. The operation was flawless on my trip. I promise to keep you posted on the progress of the rest of our build. Thanks you for a job eXtremely well done.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:09 PM

When do i get to drive?
Old 08-23-2009, 06:43 PM

Pedders Camaro Gets some Interior Upgrades

While some will take the interior of their new 5th Gen to the eXtreme, our interior mods will be modest with the extreme reserved for performance and the exterior.

The shift pattern is pretty darn good from the factory and appear to have been dialed in for performance driving so why are the pedals so hard to heal and toe. I have been driving around with t e pseudo Berger mods courtesy of Matt Berger. These Momo pedal allow you to shrink the distance between the brake and gas pedals. They have an aggressive no slip pattern. You can see we removed the rubber on the brake and clutch pedals to make certain we had a bullet proof installation with no possibility of anything moving. After driving this around for a bit we decided they are in for good and will remove them to trim the OEM pedal materials for a super clean installation.

We ordered custom Pedders mats including the trunk.

The pedals work great and make performance driving more comfortable. The Custom Auto Accessories, Inc. mats look good and feel better than they look. We have a couple of additional mods for the interior that are small in size but we feel will add some drama to the interior. They should be complete next week and the pictures will be posted here.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 PM

Pedders Camaro Getting Transformed into the Pedders Revolution Camaro

We have to get our beast ready for the Home Town Cruise. The 28th Street Cruise in Grand rapids Michigan is a huge event. Woodward may be bigger, but 28th Street is our home turf so it has to be better. Our Camaro is back from ATI / ProCharger and now the exterior mods go into high gear.
  • Front Splitter
  • Upper and Lower Grilles
  • Cowl Induction Hood
  • Shaved Emblems and Badges
  • Shaved Door Handles
  • Shaved Spoiler
  • Side Sills
  • Rear Lower Fascia
  • Deck Wing -- Maybe
  • Interior Paint
  • Tinted Windows

We picked up the Camaro at ATI and mad a hard run from Lenexa to West Olive in 10 hours and 15 minutes including gas, food and where is the head I gotta go right now stops so we could deliver the Camaro to Essex Customs in Grand Rapids. We reviewed the build list and went right to work Saturday afternoon. Jason is as jacked about this project as we are and that is really good news as he has a lot to do.

The rear sheet metal work on the Camaro is nothing short of gorgeous. It is stunning and gets lost with the wing. The roof, fenders and deck lid lines are so well done they would be at home on a Ferrari. We think that wingless may be the best look. Removing the rear wing does increase drag, but with something like 600 RWHP who care about a little drag that hold the car down to 189 instead of 190? A wind that is raised and allows you to still enjoy the OEM art work may be acceptable, but we really like naked for now.

Jason will be sending us pictures to update this thread over the next few days. He is on a tight schedule -- very tight schedule. All the mods have to be complete by Wednesday so we can get the car over to Witt for:
  • Pedders Xa Track eXtreme Suspension
  • Corner Weighting
  • Alignment
  • Install Full Alignment Kit
  • Install Headers
  • Install Sweet Thunder Exhaust and QTP Cutouts
  • Install Cobalt Friction Pedders Hardcore Track Only XR Pads
  • Install Forgeline 19x10.5 Wheels
  • Install Bridgestone 305/30/19 RE-11s all around

We already know that several items will not be ready while other are on the bubble.
  • Grilles
  • Side Vents
  • Rear Wing
  • Rear Fascia

What will get done -- stay tuned as the thread will be frequently updated.

thanks
mike
dms
Old 08-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

This is awesome!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:05 PM

Jason and his crew at Essex have the tear down well under way.

Pete is standing over Jason's shoulder whispering "only three more days and it has to be done".

That spoiler just won't go away. Anyone need an OEM spoiler?

Jason and his crew have the trunk lid and door handles shaved.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:50 AM

looks good. cant wait to see it.i like the floormats
Old 08-24-2009, 09:50 AM

Jason and company kicked serious backside yesterday. I'll swing by the shop and collect some updated photos this afternoon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Suspension] Documenting the PEDDERS CAMARO BUILD