2010 - 2015 Camaro Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Discussion for 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Wheels | Tires | Brakes | Suspension

[Suspension] Alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Disciple

Alignment?

Has anyone attempted an aggressive alignment on a stock suspension SS and if so, how much negative camber were you able to get?

My dealer said there is "no adjustment without filing the struts".

Last edited by poSSum; 06-21-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Admin Emeritus

This is definitely an interesting one. I'll bet one of the Pedders of Pfadt guys may chime in.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:09 AM

He's probably talking about grinding the top knuckle bolting hole for the strut which would allow you to gain more +/- camber.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:20 AM

I have yet to get my hands on one, but if the Camaro is anything like the GTO or the G8 there will be an adjustment bolt for camber, that allows you to dial the camber is exactly. But i won't really be able to comment until i can get my hands on one.

So, I'm offering a FREE alignment to the first Camaro to bring it in to me.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:31 PM

Most cars with a strut set up like the 5th gen can use a cam bolt that replaces one of the strut bolts that attach it to the knuckle. I cant imagine it being any different?

BTW, I have the Camaro's aligmnet specs somewhere. I took some pics of the Hunter print outs that I found, along with another person, inside the IVER car at Indy.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:06 PM

Your dealer is full of crapola!. You can get -1.8 to -2.2 and in the -1.8 rear cambers.

Now on the front, they do not install the adjusting screw. The hole is there, but not screw. So you just loosen the 2 clevis bolts and just move the knuckle in/out of the strut clevis bracket.

Front caster is not adjustable. I have some ideas on how to do it. Will require, however, slotting some holes.

Rear camber and toe is adjustable. The issue is the lack of adjustability with the eccentrics, plus some welds that may not be really strong to handle a 3rd or 4th align. Pedders just released a killer set of rear camber and toe eccentrice setups that will get you well over- 2.0 degrees camber. These are available right now.

PDUSA5420 ZETA REAR CAMBER & TOE ADJUSTERS. EXTENDS ADJ. RANGE. WILL BE ABLE TO GET OVER -2 DEGREES CAMBER $179.00

Oh, by the way, these are built so well we give the original purchaser a lifetime warranty on them!

mike
dms
Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Disciple

Thanks Mike.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:30 PM

Here is the eccentrics I was talking about::

Pedders PDUSA5420 eXtreme Rear Camber and Toe Kit

Pedders has developed a set of rear camber and toe eXtreme Adjustment Bolts and Washers to get your Camaro or G8 exactly where it should be for street, drag strip, autocross of road course or road course use. The OEM adjuster provides less than a degree of adjustment. Pedders eXtreme Camber and Toe Kits provides more than 2 degrees of adjustment range. We also go one step further than the OEM and provide jam nuts to lock down the alignment bolts.

The PDUSA5420 eXtreme Camber and Toe Kit for the G8 and Camaro is $179.00 and scheduled for delivery on Monday. You would be reasonably safe to assume that the PDUSA5420 eXtreme Camber and Toe Kit for the G8 and Camaro will be shipping to customers by Friday June 20, 2009. Our online store has real-time inventory. The moment they are in the warehouse and counted into stock the link will change from contact us currently on back-order to available status. You can place your order today and it will go into the cue for FIFO fulfilment.

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...Code=PDUSA5420

Pedders PDUSA5420 carries a LIFETIME WARRANTY on the welds, bolts and washers. Install these bolts and your G8 or Camaro rear alignment bolts and washers are guaranteed to work as long as you are the owner.

The fine print and exclusions are: Stripped nuts and bolts are NOT covered under warranty. Collision damage is NOT covered by warranty.

Now as mentioned the increase in adjustability in desirable and important. Adjusting the cambers to a higher degree than OE, may require a little more effort. To assist this, I suggest you put a little anti sieze between the adjusters and the cradle brackets. This will assist you in a "slippery move to get you over -2.0 degrees, and last longer than the Camaro will.

This kit is so important, we now are including it in all ZETA systems that involve drop coils and drag racing. For the Drag Racers, this kit is a must to seriously reduce negative camber to bet more tire on the launch.

We now have over 300 kits made and ready to go. They are all hand machined, and the eccentrics are laser cut. the eccentrics are larger than OE, and again, will last longer than your Camaro will!!

If you need help in ordering, just ask us!.

thanks
mike
dms