2010 - 2015 Camaro Technical Discussion All 5th Generation Camaro technical discussion that doesn't fit in other forums

5th Gen questions from 4th Gen owner.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 05:46 AM

5th Gen questions from 4th Gen owner.

My company is going to change my vehicle situation, instead of providing me with a vehicle I am going to get a monthly vehicle allowance. I figure I might take the opportunity to switch from boring sensible company vehicle to cool exciting 5th Gen camaro. My questions are as follows:

1. How do I go about ordering the specific car I want with all the specific options I want (color, nav, etc)? Am I going to pay more for this vs buying one sitting on a lot somewhere? Is there a go to dealer in the country that I am going to get a good deal from? I am in Chicagoland area but I have heard that people fly and drive for a good deal sometimes. I would prefer to avoid the normal process and do it all online. Here is what I want, you dont have to sell me on anything, what is the best price you can offer type of deal?

2. Do you guys drive your 5th Gens year round? My 1994 would scare me but I am thinking the 5th Gens are heavier and might work?

3. How much do I need to be concerned with road salt if I drive year round? I am assuming that new cars are better protected? Would I want to get a dealer (or aftermarket) undercoat? If I have a 5 year loan and drive it year round can I expect it to be in good shape year 6 if I take good care of it?

4. How many miles can I expect out of a 2014 SS? I care dearly for my vehicles and spare no maintenance expense plus I dont really drive hard. If I finished off the car loan with 100,000 miles, could I reasonably expect another 100,000 loan free miles?

5. V6 vs V8, is one more reliable? Being that this will be mostly a work vehicle and I need to pay for the gas I am considering the V6 but worried I might be disappointed with the performance. My only frame of reference for performance cars is my 1994 LT1 which goes plenty fast for me. I know I should test drive but if I do that I will be stuck with the V8

Thanks in advance for any advice with this tough life decision
Old 11-28-2013, 07:43 AM

Re: 5th Gen questions from 4th Gen owner.

Love the podcast but this site is dead.

Thanks anyway I will take my questions to an active forum.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:29 PM

Hi FenceMan,

If you have any model specific questions we are happy to help. Or if you would like assistance setting up a test drive so you could experience the V6 and V8 for youself we would love to help arrange that! You can reach out to us via PM if this is something you would like help with.

Jonathan A. (Assisting William)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 12-06-2013, 08:18 AM

1) Thats a question for your dealer

2) yes 4 snows and your good to go

3) New cars are pretty well built and GM offers 7yr rust through.

4) My 4th Gen has over 130,000miles and 500 drag strip passes and the 5th gen is better built so....

5) Get the V8 or you will regret it, gas is relatively cheap.

Get one you will love it,it is a great car.