2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

WOW !!!! info released today..............

Old 07-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by km9v
That's 370 N/m (newton / meters) instead of lb/ft.

Bah no fair putting it in SI...
Old 07-21-2008, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I do, however, insist that having your left hand at 4:00 and your right hand not on the wheel at all is pretty much the worst possible option. Safety and control aside -- is that even comfortable?
wait.

im a ****ing idiot i apologize. i have no idea where i came up with 4. i mean 7.

damn.

i guess its comfortable. my left arm is on the armrest, and my hand is on the wheel where the spoke is (early 4th gen wheel.) my other hand either rests on the shifter, my lap, or somewhere between 3 and 6.

for turns its usually fine but for a sharper turn i usually move my hand.

however i DO know someone who drives with their left hand across the wheel between 3 and 6. confused the **** out of me.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Z28x
In the pic it is set to Km/h and it still only goes to 160
reguardless whats in the pics....I hope no one is silly enough to think that they will have a 160 km/h speedo is a 300HP car
Old 07-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by notsonic
im a ****ing idiot i apologize. i have no idea where i came up with 4. i mean 7.
Ok, that's better.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:16 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Chevys
Dude what? Im only realistic. Scott is not God. The fat *** camaro is perfect as to why he is not.

I like the car. Im a chevy fan and love the small block chevy but damit it so heavy. Why??? Im just sick about the weight. Scott can blow it off all he wants but its a screw up and he know it.

Im driving a Ford now and will look hard at them come next purchase along with the Gm offering but weight does matter. Im not putting up with a company that cant do any better than this. I like the car but what a pig.
Hmmmm.........I don't believe I ever claimed I was.

(but then, it's a good thing -- cuz if I was right now, I'd drop a grand piano on you.....

.........or mebbe a HOUSE.........

(and your LITTLE DOG TOO!.............)

BOO!!!

Let me ask you this:

How many cars or trucks have you engineered?

Until you can show me that you have, don't tell me it's a screw up.

I will be posting my thoughts on weight later this week *a bit busy right now* --

I'm not an engineer -- but I can understand why this car is weighing what it does........and see here's the interesting part:

You don't have to be responsible for it........

.........whereas we do.

We have to answer to the customer who complains that:

'.....IT SHOULD HAVE A 26 BOLT REAR AXLE SO I CAN STUFF 1,200 HORSEPOWER UNDER THE HOOD AND YOUR AXLE SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE ALL THAT TORQUE WHILE I TRY TO WIN EVERY BURN-OUT CONTEST IN THE WORLD WITH IT!..........and if it FAILS, YOU ARE ALL ***$&$**@*$#&S !!!.........

So.........

How 'bout calming down and driving the car FIRST before going off?

How 'bout understanding that there are MANY people on this team that feel MORE passionately than you do about the Camaro? (ever think of that???)

Sorry -- but I'm operating on Zero sleep - and every once in a while I tend to get just a bit 'uppity' when someone says something like you just did.

Last edited by Fbodfather; 07-22-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:24 PM

These guys getting bent out of shape over weight kill me. Seriously, take this opinion
out of the future Camaro sales and it won't even be missed. They think there are so many
of them. Well, there is not, not in the big picture. If you don't want to buy the Camaro
because you think it's a pig raise your hand. We will count you and then we will put that
number up against potential buyers. I am just so sick of these whiners. I think we are going to need some more cheese with all this whining.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:01 PM

First off, let me say to Scott and the rest of the team, well done! Its is bad *** and that is what a camaro should be. I can't wait to see the first Pro Stock/ street race cars based on these things....

I've been wondering, will the 300 hp V6 (and that being more power than my '95 Z28) get a posi or an open rear end? As an option for the RS maybe?
Old 07-25-2008, 07:27 AM

those night shots of the yellow one are incredible! DO WANT!!one!!1
Old 10-16-2008, 11:16 PM

they gotta ditch that ugly antenna-horn on the back of the roofline.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Hmmmm.........I don't believe I ever claimed I was.

(but then, it's a good thing -- cuz if I was right now, I'd drop a grand piano on you.....

.........or mebbe a HOUSE.........

(and your LITTLE DOG TOO!.............)

BOO!!!

Let me ask you this:

How many cars or trucks have you engineered?

Until you can show me that you have, don't tell me it's a screw up.

I will be posting my thoughts on weight later this week *a bit busy right now* --

I'm not an engineer -- but I can understand why this car is weighing what it does........and see here's the interesting part:

You don't have to be responsible for it........

.........whereas we do.

We have to answer to the customer who complains that:

'.....IT SHOULD HAVE A 26 BOLT REAR AXLE SO I CAN STUFF 1,200 HORSEPOWER UNDER THE HOOD AND YOUR AXLE SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE ALL THAT TORQUE WHILE I TRY TO WIN EVERY BURN-OUT CONTEST IN THE WORLD WITH IT!..........and if it FAILS, YOU ARE ALL ***$&$**@*$#&S !!!.........

So.........

How 'bout calming down and driving the car FIRST before going off?

How 'bout understanding that there are MANY people on this team that feel MORE passionately than you do about the Camaro? (ever think of that???)

Sorry -- but I'm operating on Zero sleep - and every once in a while I tend to get just a bit 'uppity' when someone says something like you just did.
Wow, that is one of the most hilarious posts I've ever read... I pushed 607rwhp on my stock 10 bolt and it never broke... Granted I knew I was pushing the HP limit so I never Dug it from the hole. GM made a lighter car on the 98s and with the SS even more...

I know you are responsible, etc... But... come on Scott... being cost and I agree it has a VERY attractive cost, the car is a bit heavy. You guys could have chosen a different platform, then again... The camaro MIGHT have been more expensive.

Quality wise I understand and it will pay off having a better quality product than a lighter one... So... we'll see... I'm so close to buying one.........
Old 10-17-2008, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by The Highlander
I pushed 607rwhp on my stock 10 bolt and it never broke... Granted I knew I was pushing the HP limit so I never Dug it from the hole.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you had an automatic.

I got two blown posi's with a bone stock LT1.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:29 AM

No, M6. its still on my back yard... ah.. and it had 4.11 gears that I bought used... SO this is a struck of luck I think.
Anyways... I couldn't forgo the fact that a c5z06 would do the ring in 7:56. So I bought myself a nice 2002 Millenium Yellow and I have fallen in love all over again... Got the car in with 374rwhp and after my tune... 393rwhp with just headers and a crappy intake... NOT BAD AT ALL.

Anyways... thank you GM!

Last edited by Highlander; 05-18-2009 at 06:33 AM.