2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will GMS pricing be available

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 07:05 AM

Will GMS pricing be available

for GM employees and eligible family members? I remember no employee discounts when the 4th gen Trans Ams came out in spring of 93. I was getting ready to sign on the dotted line and told the salesman that I dont pay sticker for anything. He laughed until I put the pen down and then he gave me a dollar out of his pocket. :-)
Old 05-12-2007, 09:16 AM

Almost certainly not at first. I think how it works is that GM has to allow it first, then you need to find a dealer that will sell it for GMS. If the C6 is any indication, I don't believe it was available at all on the '05s. I know at some point in the '06s it became available on coupes and verts. Now, all the supporting dealers on the corvetteforum are giving supplier pricing to everyone, and GMS to anyone who qualifies. I have a local dealer here that keeps hounding me begging me to buy one of his for GMS (which I qualify for) even though his profit margin is nil. Z06 is yet to be available w/ GMS from GM.

For Camaro, I would imagine maybe the V6's being available for GMS, maybe late first year. By the second year, given the volume Camaro will do, I'll bet it won't be TOO hard to find a dealer that would give it to you. As for the 2nd year top dog model, if that's still the schedule, I don't imagine anyone will get a sniff of GMS on that for a LONG time.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Almost certainly not at first. I think how it works is that GM has to allow it first, then you need to find a dealer that will sell it for GMS. If the C6 is any indication, I don't believe it was available at all on the '05s. I know at some point in the '06s it became available on coupes and verts. Now, all the supporting dealers on the corvetteforum are giving supplier pricing to everyone, and GMS to anyone who qualifies. I have a local dealer here that keeps hounding me begging me to buy one of his for GMS (which I qualify for) even though his profit margin is nil. Z06 is yet to be available w/ GMS from GM.

For Camaro, I would imagine maybe the V6's being available for GMS, maybe late first year. By the second year, given the volume Camaro will do, I'll bet it won't be TOO hard to find a dealer that would give it to you. As for the 2nd year top dog model, if that's still the schedule, I don't imagine anyone will get a sniff of GMS on that for a LONG time.
Only unless it flops.

There is no GMS for the Vette, XLR, Sky, Solstice and several others. GM's top models(read, the only cars woth purchasing from GM) don't get the discount. The only two exceptions are (1) The model is a flop in sales, a.k.a. GTO, or the model is outgoing and they are trying to pave way for the new version, such as the 2004 C5. C5s weren't on the list until the fall of 2004 (a seven year stretch), which by that time C6s were already on the move.

CTS-v is another example.

Interestingly enough, look at the recent GMS offerings for the GTO...not too shabby considering GMS can be combined with regular incentives. I'd hold out for another 3 months and see what they have to offer.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:28 AM

You've been able to get GMS on the C6 since MY2006, though the Z06 still isn't eligible. You were able to get it on the C5 from about 98 or 99 on through the rest of the run, but you couldn't get Z's in '01. In '02, the Z06 was included. I had one ordered but we changed our minds and got a CTS instead back in '03.

Last edited by CLEAN; 05-14-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Being that I never looked into it I can't vouch for clean on the C5's, but ditto on the C6 info.

My wife qualifies for it so I've visited the GMS build site a few times .
Old 05-14-2007, 06:30 PM

ill ask my manager in the morning for you.

you just have to look at it from the dealers position, mark up on cars any more is almost nothing, so when we have a car that can bring sticker we hate to just give them away especially when our supply of them is limited.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:37 PM

Exactly. 2 things have to happen, GM has to make GMS available on the car, and you have to find a dealer that will sell it for that.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:37 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by JustAnotherGuy
ill ask my manager in the morning for you.

you just have to look at it from the dealers position, mark up on cars any more is almost nothing, so when we have a car that can bring sticker we hate to just give them away especially when our supply of them is limited.
pretty sure cars sold via employee or supplier programs, dealer gets an allocation to replace it.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:39 PM

from my understanding its some... not all

and its still cuts my commission

Last edited by JustAnotherGuy; 05-14-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:51 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

right, not gonna get a replacement C6 Z06.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
right, not gonna get a replacement C6 Z06.
ehhh they are in such high demand that my dealer cant hardley get a Z06..
and we won't sell a car over MSRP.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:17 PM

and its still cuts my commission
I used to be a sales mgr. at a chevy dealership and yes they do get reimbursment. And it's more than you think, more than your manager is willing to tell you, and if you got paid on it, you wouldn't mind selling cars at all to GMS customers. I remember when I sold cars I loved GMS customers. Easy sales.... exept the ones with trades. You know what I mean JustAnotherGuy!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by z282slo
exept the ones with trades. You know what I mean JustAnotherGuy!
I laughed when you said that
Old 05-14-2007, 10:47 PM

Come up to Detroit.....Z06 are sitting on the lots up here....few buyers in this depressed environment.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
You've been able to get GMS on the C6 since MY2006, though the Z06 still isn't eligible. You were able to get it on the C5 from about 98 or 99 on through the rest of the run, but you couldn't get Z's in '01. In '02, the Z06 was included. I had one ordered but we changed our minds and got a CTS instead back in '03.
I don't see anything on the C6 - not even 2006 models. It is listed, but there are no discounts. Please send me the link you're looking at.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Will GMS pricing be available