2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Top Gear would be the best / worst place to review both V6 and V8 Camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:48 PM

I'd love to see them have the Camaro on. But honestly, I'm over needing to hear reviews on the 2010 Camaro. I've sat in it, I love it. I'm already sold.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Logansneo

Worst

1) Horrendous torrential rain in England, where the car will be tested.
2) Getting GM to send 2 test cars to England.
3) James "captain slow" May
4) Comic anti-Americanism
5) Jeremy Clarkson (see #4)
i dont see how james may would be anything but good for the car. This camaro is much more upscale than the last one as far as interior and ride quality, and i believe he is someone who would love the car. I hope we get to find out.

Originally Posted by boomer78
You're thinking Ben Collins. He was rumored to be the stig.
And he may well be one of them.
The idea behind having the Stig masked is that they can use multiple drivers...its been stated a long time ago... but of course for the entertainment and mystery value, its never been revealed as to who they were...just rumors.
There is one driver that is the stig... I would like to see any evidence or stories that say otherwise. Ya there was the black stig, but white stig has been the same guy since the beginning. How could any of the lap times be truly comparable if different people were making laps from week to week...
Old 03-05-2009, 01:21 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by WhiteHawk
I watched the one where they did the C6 Z06 and was pissed - their driver actually put it on the grass in one of the tight turns. If it would have stayed on pavement, it would have done even better. I think the fix was in, since they still ragged on it even though it outperformed cars six figures higher in price.

-Geoff
Looks like the show did it's job! Name another show that has the capability to elict that kind of emotional response, and be damn entertaining at the same time!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:13 PM
West South Central Moderator

the Top Gear Test Track is also supposed to be in the full version of the next Gran Turismo game
Old 03-09-2009, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by AdioSS
the Top Gear Test Track is also supposed to be in the full version of the next Gran Turismo game
That's great! Just tell Sony to stop dicking around and release the damn thing already....it's been like 2 years since they first announced that damn thing!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Logansneo
Looks like the show did it's job! Name another show that has the capability to elict that kind of emotional response, and be damn entertaining at the same time!
I always thought the "job" of a TV show was to get you to watch, then buy the sponsors products. I won't ever be watching that show again. If I want to get pissed off about something being anti-us auto industry, I can just tune into c-span.

-Geoff
Old 03-09-2009, 01:18 PM

I think it would a be an awesome idea for them to test it! They are BY FAR the best car show on TV today I never miss an episode. They did like the Challenger although they did make fun of it's fake ram air scoops and faux carbon fiber striping however. But on the flip side they understood what it is.... a muscle car. Now we all know how much superior the Camaro is to the Challenger as far as driveability and styling, I really think they'll love it. The only thing I could see them maybe putting down is the dash styling.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:36 PM

t

I always thought the "job" of a TV show was to get you to watch, then buy the sponsors products. I won't ever be watching that show again. If I want to get pissed off about something being anti-us auto industry, I can just tune into c-span.

-Geoff
they have no sponsors, thats how they can get away saying some of the things they say, and why a US version would not be good. they talk bad about other non-US auto makers too. of course we will say the are wrong when they talk bad about us, just like the french say they are wrong when talking about their cars. its like rooting for the home team.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:05 PM

-Geoff
They "rip" on the US auto's because they want to feel superior. (They are still mad about losing the Revolutionary War.)

If you ever catch the Top Gear on the Corvette ZR1, CTS-V, and Challenger SRT-8. You'll see that some American cars, they can't even rip on it, even if they tried.

Hammond fell in love the Challenger, just by looking at it.

Clarkston, tried to not like his corvette.... but that failed, because it reminded him of the old ferrari's (His favorite cars). At the end he began ripping on the new ferrari's, he liked the ZR-1 that much.

And May, tried to hate the CTS-V, that didn't work either. He went on a backroad and couldn't get enough of it.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:57 PM

Thumbs up

I've got a great idea for a Top Gear special, or any other car show or magazine article for that matter. Get the '10 Mustang GT, '09 Challenger SRT-8 and Camaro SS, get them over to Europe and let the boys cruise them from Italy to Germany and run each of them @ the Nurburgring letting Sabine Schmidt drive them to show just how bad-assed American muscle cars really are! Now that would kick ***!