2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why was the image removed from the front page of the site?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 09:50 AM

Re: Why was the image removed from the front page of the site?

Originally Posted by V8 Slayer
FBodFather, Can you shed some light on the Firebird ideas... Should I even expect it in the FAR future? Any type of clue or hint....
So far it seems not off the structure that's being done for Camaro.

Although Pontiac seems set to get a "Camaro" of their own, and although it could be named Firebird as easily as GTO, it seems that since Pontiac is going to become more distinct and upscale than Chevrolet.

But in that 1 in 1000 chance they do use the name "Firebird" (Firebird GTO? ) anyone expecting another Corvette-ish looking, winged Batmobile is going to be even more dissappointed than the guys who were expecting another 4th gen-like Camaro.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
anyone expecting another Corvette-ish looking, winged Batmobile is going to be even more dissappointed than the guys who were expecting another 4th gen-like Camaro.

Old 12-10-2005, 01:42 PM

um... i'm havin a hard time finding this pic, or maybe i found it and don't know it. could someone PM me or email me the pics if you have em?
Old 12-10-2005, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150
Well.. although we all agree with your sentiment, the F-body is dead forever. The new car will not be an "F-body". F-body = 1967-2002 only.
I would bet that the new Camaro is still going to be an F-Body, for the simple reason that the 4th letter in the VIN is probably still going to be an F.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
The very fact that GM allows Mr. Settlemire to spend so much time supporting the F-BOdy Community (a car GM can't make any money off of at the moment since the cars are dead) should demonstrate to everyone the committment they have to enthusiasts.
very shortsighted of you to not include GM's other divisions when talking about their ability to make money on enthusiasts... GMPP comes to the forefront of thought when thinking about how they still do make money from enthusiasts in the Camaro/Firebird clubs - or any other GM car club, for that matter. just because the camaros and firebird have 305s and 350s in them and are easily modded by changing bumpsticks, inlets and waste gas - this just makes it even easier to support those endeavors. the chevy 350 market is huge.

outside of that, how easily would it be to convert a camaro enthusiast over to another of GM's herd? stick around long enough and you wouldn't drive anything other than GM product. they like it like that. most die-hards like us would never think about driving anything imported, and we all have a friend we are desperately trying to dissuade from driving that Ferd.

to take someone of the same heart and allow him to interact with the masses certainly seems like it's killing two birds with the same rock. he enjoys his time (well, most of it) chatting it up with us, and we appreciate it when he does because we almost always learn something.

so, in the big picture, sure it makes sense to allow someone on the inside to mingle with the enthusiasts, for more reasons than i have mentioned. it doesn't cost them as much as one TV spot for one commercial, and they almost have a captive audience...
Old 12-10-2005, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by RussStang
I would bet that the new Camaro is still going to be an F-Body, for the simple reason that the 4th letter in the VIN is probably still going to be an F.
but it won't be using the "F" platform.. it'll probably use Sigma-Lite, or Zeta, or something like that... and it'll be shared among a few other GM RWD cars

i heard that they might keep the letter F in the vin... but i don't think that makes it an F body the Fbody will always be the 1967-2002 Camaro and Firebird..

there's been plenty of times where car models have changed platforms... the Grand Prix, Monte Carlo, Regal.. all were on the RWD G platform pre-1988.. then they swiched over to the FWD W platform
Old 12-10-2005, 03:55 PM

Yeah, but none of those cars have anything to their history like the Camaro does. I would be really suprised if all the sudden the car was not referred to as an F-Body any longer.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by RussStang
Yeah, but none of those cars have anything to their history like the Camaro does. I would be really suprised if all the sudden the car was not referred to as an F-Body any longer.
It wouldn't be the end of the world.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:50 PM

Darn! I missed it! Does anyone want to send me a pic or 2?

firecam@team.camaroz28.com

Last edited by jpaugh; 12-11-2005 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150
It wouldn't be the end of the world.
I didn't say it would be. I just stated that I believe that the 5th gen will still be referred to as an F-Body.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by jpaugh
Darn! I missed it! Does anyone want to send me a pic or 2?

firecam@camaroz28.com
Are you sure that e-mail address is accurate?
Old 12-10-2005, 09:49 PM

I missed it too :/. Can you someone please send the pic to chipmb2985@yahoo.com? Thanks a lot.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:35 PM

Me Three Please! bmanjr@msn.com
Old 12-11-2005, 06:32 PM

oh man i missed it does any one have any pics plz email me some pretty pretty plz!!!!!!!!!!

joey_r36@yahoo.com
Old 12-11-2005, 07:04 PM

nevermind...don't email them to me

Last edited by Chevycobb; 12-12-2005 at 04:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Why was the image removed from the front page of the site?