2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why was the image removed from the front page of the site?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 05:16 PM

Re: Why was the image removed from the front page of the site?

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Skull Leader.....I don't know whether I know you or not, but I take great exception to your statement that we do not care about the enthusiast. Far from it. I'd be happy to share with you privately what GM has spent just in the past year supporting Camaro/Firebird enthusiasts....just from the point of providing vehicles for shows...and sending GM people to these shows. I'll also provide you with how much I have PERSONALLY spent to support the community.

someone stole private property. As a corporation, we're bound by Sarbanes Oxley act to protect our shareholders. (and by the way...anyone on this site who has a pension plan is most likely a GM shareholder......)

While I may understand your disappointment, you are jumping to conclusions in matters you do not fully understand.

I'd respectfully ask you to reconsider your position.

I'm sure he, like all Firebird fans is just worked up. Like Him I will hold off on Any GM vehicle till the Bird Returns. Although I have to Say you guys did an Excellent job with the Camaro so far. I'd probably end up buying one if I wasn't so partial to Trans Ams.

But hey I'm not gonna be buying a car for another 3 years, so who knows what will happen. *Crosses Fingers*
Old 12-09-2005, 05:39 PM

I think my opinion is the same as many Fbody enthusiasts Jason.

I saw the pictures, and they're actually saved to my harddrive - but for the reason that one day I want to pull them up on my computer and tell my grand children that I saw this car released, and it was a badass muscle car!

The prototype did indeed look a little rough, but I think just seeing a prototype lets everyone know that "WOW it's true! The FBody will come back!!!" Of course there are those, like me, that want a Firebird as well but probably won't get one.

The picture hasn't discouraged me from seeing the car at the autoshow which I will be attending, if anything I'd like to see it more now just to see how it's evolved and what GM is intending on releasing. I'm just as excited as ever about going and then (hopefully) purchasing one of these beasties!

And I like the windshield, I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before.

Cheers mate,
- Tony.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:43 PM

FBodFather, Can you shed some light on the Firebird ideas... Should I even expect it in the FAR future? Any type of clue or hint....
Old 12-09-2005, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by V8 Slayer
FBodFather, Can you shed some light on the Firebird ideas... Should I even expect it in the FAR future? Any type of clue or hint....
Don't hold your breath. From what I've heard over and over, there is no plan to bring back the Firebird at this time. Pontiac is putting all their performance marbles into the new GTO bag. Note, I said, "at this time" which means never say never. You just don't know what the future holds. Maybe someday GM will bring it back. They're brought other old names back from the dead before.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:02 PM

It is good to see all the GM supporting message boards on the same page and doing the right thing. I can't wait until January to see the real thing!

Those two sided concept cars are probably six months to a year ahead of the actual concept. It probably shares some styling cues, but will be a different vehicle entirely.

-Geoff
Old 12-09-2005, 08:36 PM

So now that we agree and understand why the picture was taken off, can we at least talk about what it resembled?

(Moderator, if the pic is not allowed, please remove the pic and accept my sincerest apologies.)

I haven't been on these forums for very long, but sure think the concept looked awfully similar to the one posted by CLEAN. What do you guys think?

Old 12-09-2005, 09:28 PM

It appears to me that their are those who get it, and those who do not.

For those who do not, if the image of the "fifth gen" goes public to other manufactures throughout the world, then we may never have a fifth generation camaro.

Car companies go to great lengths to keep their new models from the public.

So why should we as F-body folks be any different.

For those who scold GM and Camaroz28.com then you do not get it, and should more than likely be driving an import.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150
Hey, don't shoot the messenger.
I am not talking about CamaroZ28.com
Old 12-09-2005, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by KevinZ44
So now that we agree and understand why the picture was taken off, can we at least talk about what it resembled?

(Moderator, if the pic is not allowed, please remove the pic and accept my sincerest apologies.)

I haven't been on these forums for very long, but sure think the concept looked awfully similar to the one posted by CLEAN. What do you guys think?

I might like that concept more than the real thing. I just hope we don't get round taillights on the 5th Gen. I'm bored with them and they just aren't Camaro to me. Not even when the early 2nd's had them.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:06 PM

Thumbs up Re: Why was the image removed from the front page of the site?

Originally Posted by Scotts94z28
It appears to me that their are those who get it, and those who do not.

For those who do not, if the image of the "fifth gen" goes public to other manufactures throughout the world, then we may never have a fifth generation camaro.

Car companies go to great lengths to keep their new models from the public.

So why should we as F-body folks be any different.

For those who scold GM and Camaroz28.com then you do not get it, and should more than likely be driving an import.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by KevinZ44

I really like this concept.

As for the picture they took down off the main page, I didn't see it before they took it down, but did a search and came up with a front and back shot of a silver concept I'd never seen before. Was that it? (Plus the outline looked the same, lol )
Old 12-09-2005, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by IZ28
I might like that concept more than the real thing. I just hope we don't get round taillights on the 5th Gen. I'm bored with them and they just aren't Camaro to me. Not even when the early 2nd's had them.
I like the drawing - alot. The front fog light area looks cleaner (more retro) in the pic than what the image study was sporting. IMHO, the rear round taillights are too corvette-ish but still look decent.

If GM had stuck to a design that was truer to the '69 Camaro while using today's building materials and production values, then this would have been a big hit with those 40-50-60 year old kids.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the picture on this site was, "man that sure looks similar to the second-third generation Camaro." I am somewhat disappointed because I was hoping they'd go back to the 1969 design and freshen it up. IMHO it was those model years that had the best lines.

Oh well. It looks like GM is listening to all you Camaro fans out there. Anyone who's a second/third generation Camaro fan should be well pleased.

Back to the topic: I wonder what steps GM will take in the future to tighten it's security and make sure no car pics get leaked? It seems like they've had a big problem with photos being leaked recently.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:38 PM

I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed (not with the car) that the pictures got out. It took a little bit of the "BANG" out of the NAIAS release (though I am sure it will still cause quite a ruckous ). I will still be at the show eagerly waiting to see the finished concept .

Red Planet, I really like the car , even though these pics were obviously not of the finished version. You and the team that worked on it have definitely built something to be proud of . Nice work .

David
Old 12-10-2005, 04:45 AM

I'd like to see the forbidden pictures of the new concept. Can someone PM me a link or e-mail me some pics?

Thanks

D Moss
Old 12-10-2005, 09:11 AM

Jason did the right thing guys and to be honest it's not even our property to be throwing a fit about so why are some people getting thier panties in a bunch? Is it THAT long to wait until January for the real deal when we've already waited four years? I don't think another month will hurt anyone

My $.02

Thanks Jason and Scott!

Quick Reply: Why was the image removed from the front page of the site?