2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Why was the image removed from the front page of the site?

Old 12-09-2005, 11:16 AM

Re: Why was the image removed from the front page of the site?

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
If all website were like this one, there wouldn't have been this mess.

Thanks for all you do Jason & Chris!!
Doug, please drop the holier than thou attitude regarding our site. I think we have done FAR more positive things in regards to supporting GM than the problems caused by posting some pics. We didn't think we were the only site that received photos that day, and didn't know it would be some huge controversy to post them. Jason posted an unedited photo on this site too, so its evident that other sites had received copies as well.

Yes, it was a mistake on our part to post them. We apologized and immediately removed them. I spent nearly 6 hours that night chasing them down on the net and registering on dozens of sites to send PM's to Admins asking them to be removed.

I'm sick of hearing you take jabs at LS1TECH and its members because of this incident. Jason and I have always been on good terms, and I think he will agree that we have done TONS of positive things for the f-body enthusiasts as well.

Tony
Old 12-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Banned

so how many people had a copy of these images (and newer ones) before they were leaked?

its starting to become very clear that many people have alluded to having certain pictures for quite some time.

if this was the case, then what did they expect to happen?
Old 12-09-2005, 11:27 AM

hmmm 2009 different look maybe 2007 so it would be the 40th anniversary addition.. 09 to long to wait... I did like what saw the front needed alittle TLC but still I want one... Glad I got to see it on this forum.. If a company asked another one to pull photos sound like good business to me to do so...
Ricky
Old 12-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Admin Emeritus

Nothing to get in arguments about, gang. It is what it is, and things will come down the line soon enough.

Hang in there!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150
This has to be the most retarded thing I've ever heard on a forum.
Just do a search for all posts by his username... you might find quite a few to top that one. He's full of overdramatic pessimistic and illogical statements.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:47 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Skull Leader
Because they're a company. They don't care about the enthusiast. The only reason they'd bring back the Camaro is because RETRO is the trend right now. Why should I buy products from someone when they've shunned me before?
Skull Leader.....I don't know whether I know you or not, but I take great exception to your statement that we do not care about the enthusiast. Far from it. I'd be happy to share with you privately what GM has spent just in the past year supporting Camaro/Firebird enthusiasts....just from the point of providing vehicles for shows...and sending GM people to these shows. I'll also provide you with how much I have PERSONALLY spent to support the community.

someone stole private property. As a corporation, we're bound by Sarbanes Oxley act to protect our shareholders. (and by the way...anyone on this site who has a pension plan is most likely a GM shareholder......)

While I may understand your disappointment, you are jumping to conclusions in matters you do not fully understand.

I'd respectfully ask you to reconsider your position.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:02 PM

GM definitely cares about enthusiasts, not sure why anyone would question that. I know that Scott attends every f-body yearly gathering in Dallas that we organize on these sites, and also invites f-body enthusiasts to come hang out when he is in Houston. I also got the opportunity to roll with the GM guys the last two years during the Hotrod Power Tour. GM cars are the pace cars for the event!

Once again Scott, I apologize for this week's chaos. We are looking forward to the actual unveiling.

Tony
Old 12-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Doug, please drop the holier than thou attitude regarding our site.
Tony,

I have NO attitude toward your site...none. I didn't even mention your site in this thread...I made a generalization as to the multitude of other sites that have posted them. Lighten up man. Hell, Scott as much as said the same thing as what you're attacking me again for...

I think we have done FAR more positive things in regards to supporting GM than the problems caused by posting some pics.
I've never questioned this either....but you, your moderators and the gang flamed the hell out of me for mentioning my real name (for John's reference) and that I too have done much good.

We didn't think we were the only site that received photos that day, and didn't know it would be some huge controversy to post them.
Tony, The ONLY reason I posted on your site was a post from this site pointed me to where the pictures were and I couldn't believe what had happened....John's comments caught me off guard and I called him on them...if you noticed, we're fine w/ each other now.

Jason posted an unedited photo on this site too, so its evident that other sites had received copies as well.
He posted them after an OK from GM...

Yes, it was a mistake on our part to post them. We apologized and immediately removed them. I spent nearly 6 hours that night chasing them down on the net and registering on dozens of sites to send PM's to Admins asking them to be removed.
Just stop making me the bad guy here....

I'm sick of hearing you take jabs at LS1TECH and its members because of this incident.
I only called you and John on your transgression....I didn't take any jabs at LS1Tech...I in fact wish you well in my last post.....but you allowed your moderators to curse me and the childish gang to flame me for hours....you even joined in.

But, I'll say whatever I damned well please on sites other than yours....

Jason and I have always been on good terms, and I think he will agree that we have done TONS of positive things for the f-body enthusiasts as well.

Tony
I never questioned this, but stop playing the "holier than thou" game with me too, as I don't have to play second fiddle to anyone in this hobby when it comes to commitment of time & $$ spent to support it.

Now let's put this behind us and get over it already.

Last edited by Doug Harden; 12-09-2005 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:19 PM

If anyone has a copy of the pics please email them to me.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Yeah, that is kinda what I was saying...did you really mean to quote me?
No, I didn't mean to quote you Jason, Sorry!

Scott, it simply AMAZES me when people say GM doesn't support the enthusiast. NOBODY has done more for the enthusiast than GM has, PERIOD. All you have to do is look back on history since the mid'50's beginning with Ed Cole and the revolution of the small block as we know it. No manufacturer has produced more engines, more combos of engines and more cars to put them in than GM has. Does that mean that they are perfect, NO. There have been some mistakes made but I feel that they WILL and ARE addressing them.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:45 PM

I'm sure this comment has been made before, but I wonder just how "accidental" the release of the image was. GM comes out a winner either way, and now they've gotten a quick "market test", and free Internet publicity with the enthusiast community.

I like what I saw of the car and would love to see it in production. Provided GM manages to stay in business that long. They aren't exactly making piles of money lately.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:46 PM

Everyone stop complaining. What was leaked was a clay mockup/ design study. Rest assured that you all will see the final concept product at the autoshow, so no worries.

JasonD did the right thing. If you all are as big diehard fans as you say you are, you won't mind waiting a few more days. Just be happy you were fortunate enough to sneek a peak at the next design.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 93ZM6Tally
I'm sure this comment has been made before, but I wonder just how "accidental" the release of the image was.
I understand that people will believe what they want to regarding this, but I am here to say that this was not done on purpose. If you have your doubts, all I can say is that you have to trust me on this one and you can ask anyone here that I don't mislead anyone on things like these. I am very sure that jobs will be lost because of this, at the very least.

GM comes out a winner either way, and now they've gotten a quick "market test", and free Internet publicity with the enthusiast community.
With the Detroit Auto Show being one month away, they would have done that long before now. Plus, GM isn't exactly winning with the public by having pics of an unfinished car out there that they need to reel back in.

I like what I saw of the car and would love to see it in production. Provided GM manages to stay in business that long. They aren't exactly making piles of money lately.
Very good point.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:50 PM

I have no trouble with removing the images. Issue is though...I had to go through threatening to ban people to get them to stop posting the images when they first came out. Then yesterday it was seemingly okay to post the images. I know they would not have been on this site (without the LS1Tech watermark no less) unless some kind of permission had been given. Now a day later I have to go through an remove all the pictures again in any thread they may have been discussed in...and start threatening to ban people so they won't post it. Kinda puts the webmasters out there in a bad position ( when we had nothing to do with the leak, and initially tryed to stop the pics from being posted). Especially when in this case we know which site violated the copyright agreement (they even watermarked the pictures!).

I am not trying to be difficult and I will carry what ever line GM wants regarding the pictures...however it would be helpful if GM held a consistant stance regarding the subject. With the way the internet moves, there is no room for an inconsistant stance on something like this. Most of the people reposting these images on websites are simply enthusiasts that are not nearly as involved as we are and have no clue about all these politics.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
I'd be happy to share with you privately what GM has spent just in the past year supporting Camaro/Firebird enthusiasts....just from the point of providing vehicles for shows...and sending GM people to these shows. I'll also provide you with how much I have PERSONALLY spent to support the community.
The very fact that GM allows Mr. Settlemire to spend so much time supporting the F-BOdy Community (a car GM can't make any money off of at the moment since the cars are dead) should demonstrate to everyone the committment they have to enthusiasts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why was the image removed from the front page of the site?