2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why the concept's front end doesn't look right...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 10:20 AM

Re: Why the concept's front end doesn't look right...

Originally Posted by RhinoSS
While I can see the Owl in the front end, I don't see it as a negative at all. I absolutely love the car, from headlights to tailpipes. The front end is perfect in my book! A great combo of old and new.

I feel a better reference would be something like "Evil personified"
Anyone see the Futurama episode where Bender becomes a were-car after being attacked by 'Project-Satan'. The front has a hint of 'Project Satan' IMO .
Old 01-10-2006, 10:26 AM

The only thing I would change is lose the bowtie in favor of the heritige Camaro emblem, that would be a nicer touch I think. Hilarious comparison with the owl, love the pic!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by BADAZZ_Z
The only thing I would change is lose the bowtie in favor of the heritige Camaro emblem, that would be a nicer touch I think. Hilarious comparison with the owl, love the pic!
Agreed a smaller Camaro tri-color shield would be nice. I'm not overly fond of the big gold Chevrolet bow-tie plonked prominently on the car's fizzog.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Z28Marcus
Anyone see the Futurama episode where Bender becomes a were-car after being attacked by 'Project-Satan'. The front has a hint of 'Project Satan' IMO .
best Futurama refference ever!!!!!!!!!!

it does have some of that "Project-Satan" look to it!

i think i just found a nickname for my 5th gen!
Old 01-10-2006, 12:17 PM

The headlights look like owl eyes, but otherwise it doesn't look like an owl. More like an evil Chevron commercial car.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:42 PM

and just for good measure
Old 01-10-2006, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by godofdragons
Where did you find this pic? do you have a high res version? It's really itching to make it to my desktop!
Old 01-10-2006, 01:41 PM

I love the front end personally. The only thing I'm a little iffy about is the thin slat/air intake just above the grille. Why is it there?

I'd also like to see the tri-color Camaro logo on the car, but I'm not sure it would look right smack in the middle of the grille (where a '69 SS Camaro would have an "SS" badge, for example).
Old 01-10-2006, 01:44 PM

Geez I cant believe all the crying about the front end. I think it looks GREAT!
Old 01-10-2006, 02:26 PM

lol i thought that picture (the original one with me in it) made it look really mean looking and wished i had gotten that angle without me in it lol

Originally Posted by RhinoSS
Where did you find this pic? do you have a high res version? It's really itching to make it to my desktop!
its mine from my la show pics. ill post a higher res in a minute
Old 01-10-2006, 02:31 PM

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the new concept but if I was pressed to say which angle could use a bit of massaging it would be the front end. The criss crosses in the eggcrate grille are too large to the point it becomes almost distracting. IF the openings were a little smaller it wouldn't be so bad.

I also don't like the big gold bow tie. That looks like it belongs on an old caprice. A black bowtie with red outline would look much better.

However, after the 'catfish' 4th gen camaro's I can't really complain. This baby is gorgeous!!! I'm definitely buying one. If they were available in the dealerships I'd be driving one now.

However, I think the Z28 needs to come out with more than the 400hp in the GTO. When the GTO debuted with the 350hp LS1 it was blase because we were all familiar with the LS1. By the time the Camaro comes out the LS2 will be old hat. There's nothing new about the LS2. And if everyone thinks that the LS2 will be upgraded in the future the first year sales will TANK.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:37 PM

I really hope the front end if it goes to production stays the same....its one of the things that sets it apart from its competition with the nose having some shape in it...........

I really love the aggressive look the whole car has...

Though the owl comment is quite funny owl's are pretty dangerous birds........I heard a story from a friend they was driving down the road with the windows rolled down in their truck (a silverado mind u) and a Owl flies out of nowhere and hits my friend in the head and then falls in between them and it lived from the impact, they had a time getting it out lets just say we laughed about that one for a few months....
Old 01-10-2006, 02:46 PM

I disagree the whole owl thing, Acutally the guy in the picture looks like a mullet I remember grimasing when I first saw the 98 front end. And It never really grew on me. The concepts nose looks like a wonderful interpretation of the 69's. Like the rest of the car does. I was really hoping that they would do a retro of the 69 and God bless them, they did. DON'T CHANGE A THING!!!!! I'll buy it just like it is and love the hell out of it.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:50 PM

I love the front, it looks like a big *** grin. I'm sure it will match the grin I'll have when I'm able to sit behind the wheel of a new Camaro.

And for the record, I like the "catfish" look of the LS1 Camaro. The front looks like a throwback to the 70-73 Camaro with the big grill.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rob98Z
I also don't like the big gold bow tie. That looks like it belongs on an old caprice.

I was trying to picture where that bowtie came from, thanks!

Quick Reply: Why the concept's front end doesn't look right...