2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the concepts Yellow

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 03:47 PM

Where is the concepts Yellow

I know alot of you have been awaiting the new camaro blue color but I'm wondering what happened to the yellow used on the concept and bumble bee. The rally yellow is cool, but it comes off as kinda blah especially in the pictures in the sun light. I'll probably still end up going with the ralley yellow but the Hugger Orange is starting to look better and better.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:51 PM

The bumblebee yellow was a special blend used by Saleen when they built the car. It is pearlescent, meaning in some lighting it will look orange while it will look yellow under different lighting.

It is a one-off colour, being used on 3 Camaros won by 3 very lucky people. It has been stated that they wanted to have a yellow as close as possible to the bumblebee colour, but it is likely a very expensive colour to duplicate.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:15 PM

Thanks for the info. I was afraid that would be the response. As usual I will make it work. I like the Corvette's yellow also. I dont know the ralley yellow just seemed a little bright
Old 11-17-2008, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sixnine
I know alot of you have been awaiting the new camaro blue color but I'm wondering what happened to the yellow used on the concept and bumble bee. The rally yellow is cool, but it comes off as kinda blah especially in the pictures in the sun light. I'll probably still end up going with the ralley yellow but the Hugger Orange is starting to look better and better.
there is no Hugger Orange available either.....only Inferno Orange Metallic
Old 11-17-2008, 08:34 AM

I am going from memory on this, but I believe the Bumblebee yellow paint is called "Sunrise" and is a Valspar color sold through their House of Kolor brand. It's one of their "Designer Pearls" paints. It's not an inexpensive color to shoot when it comes to material costs.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 11-17-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:32 AM

I know alot of you have been awaiting the new camaro blue color but I'm wondering what happened to the yellow used on the concept and bumble bee.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but there was never a yellow "concept".
Old 11-17-2008, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but there was never a yellow "concept".
In all accruacy I would agree. I can say that the movie car was more concept based than production in look.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
In all accruacy I would agree. I can say that the movie car was more concept based than production in look.
You're forgetting the movie car wasn't even a Camaro, but a GTO in a Camaro skin.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
You're forgetting the movie car wasn't even a Camaro, but a GTO in a Camaro skin.
In all due respect, the movie car was Bumblebee. It exists in it's own context.

It was GM, and proved there's some emotion left in the car business... as if there were any question.

Along the same philosiphical lines? James Earl Jones is not actually Mark Hamill's father. I will offer that the GTO under the Bumblebee is more closely related... thus more "true".

Questionable parentage allegations notwithstanding. It's painted Sunrise.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 11-17-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:20 PM

yellow on the concept?? there was red, silver and orange. where are you getting a yellow concept. bumble bee was for a movie and isnt a production color or even a concept car. they are making select few in to look like bumble bee for the giveaway but as far s i know there was not any concept yellow camaro.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 PM

Good Lord! How many people wanna kick the injured dog when he"s down....lol I understand the bumblebee yellow was not one of the concepts colors and that it was simply used for the movie. You guys are like sharks to blood, for God sake quit poking fun at the fat kid trying to do chin ups....lol

I was looking forward to that shade of yellow, when i saw the ralley yellow I was not impressed. I figured if any they would have went with the same yellow used on the vette. Either way I'm jumping ship from the yellow and moving on to the metalic orange or what ever they want to call it now.

Permalink:
Old 11-18-2008, 06:57 AM

Good Lord! How many people wanna kick the injured dog when he"s down....lol I understand the bumblebee yellow was not one of the concepts colors and that it was simply used for the movie. You guys are like sharks to blood, for God sake quit poking fun at the fat kid trying to do chin ups....lol

I was looking forward to that shade of yellow, when i saw the ralley yellow I was not impressed. I figured if any they would have went with the same yellow used on the vette. Either way I'm jumping ship from the yellow and moving on to the metalic orange or what ever they want to call it now.

Permalink:
well that wasnt too hard.