2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: When will you get your Camaro?
Ordering October 13th
21.77%
Waiting for price info
11.29%
Waiting to test drive
9.68%
Waiting for other options (HUD, back up sensors, etc.)
17.74%
Waiting on a Z28-ish model
13.71%
Waiting to save some more money
15.32%
Not buying anytime soon
7.26%
Never buying one
3.23%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

When are you getting your Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:03 AM

I will wait til May 09 by then ill have almost all my debt paid off plus since i will be going through USAA i wont need a down payment and will get a good deal so it will make for a great bday present to myself.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Three things holding me back (in order of priority):

1. I can't afford to buy a new car right now.

It'll be at least two years before I can afford to buy a new car. By then, maybe there will be a Z28, and maybe I'll like it. Maybe I'll be able to afford that.

2. I will never commit to purchasing a car that I've never seen or touched (and I'm talking about the very car I would take home, in person), let alone driven.

I have high expectations for this new Camaro. I love the way it looks, and I've seen the Concept and the red RS in person. I simply can't justify spending that kind of money without having done the proper research, and what I consider the proper research simply can't be done until I can climb in the car and drive it around myself.

3. I want HUD.

This is a small thing in light of the others, but even if I had the money right now, knowing that HUD will be available down the road is enough to get me to wait. I'm quite happy with the cars I already own.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:49 PM

I know they are going to be competitive with the Mustang but what numbers are we looking at? What are we thinking for the V6?
Old 09-30-2008, 01:01 PM

The original plan was to order in May of '09 around my birthday. Now I don't know when I am going to order. I voted waiting for more options. I want the HUD and I either want a Z28 or convertible.

It's a tough decision between getting one right away and then being a little sad when I see options I wish I would have waited for or being jealous when I see 2010s running around and I don't have one. In a perfect world I would order one on the 13th and then get the exact car I want when the 5th gen is coming to a close. I think that would cause problems with the wife though.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:39 PM

I'm sure GM will have this car spot on right from the start. They can't afford not to. Nonetheless, I want to wait a few months and see a few cars on dealer's lots in order to assure myself that fit and assembly quality are as they should be.

Bob
Old 09-30-2008, 03:03 PM

after i get a third gen, and a more basic econo car.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by SSPORT10
This is my thinking as well. I think that if they price the SS too high GM is going to shoot themselves in the foot and bury this car before it even gets out fo the starting gate. '08 base Vettes are under $40K and they are pretty "loaded" compared with a loaded SS (HID's, removable targa roof, leater, computer controlled climate control, etc.). Anything more than $34K for a loaded SS is just plain stupid in my mind and I would then consider a base Corvette instead. This is the reason a lot of us are looking at the SS instead of the Vette, not all but a lot, including myself.
Me too. I cancelled my pre order on the convertible when it got backed up another 7 months. I'll go for a coupe when employee discount is available on it, and after I've had a chance to see what each color combination looks like with stripes and interior colors. If it runs near the vette in price I'll go for the vette.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:30 PM

Me want HUD! plus I can save more!! I want to put $15000 down!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:33 PM

One of our local Chevy dealers closed its doors this morning. Imagine if someone had a deposit down for the new Camaro with them. Would you get your money refunded? Other local Chevy dealers are reporting layoffs due to lack of sales. (It seems another reason cars aren't selling is because people can't get the loans.)

I'm almost tempted to wait until the cars arrive in inventory and walk into my dealer (assuming he's still in business) with my checkbook, a wish-list and take the closest thing they can get to what I desire. At least that seems to be the safest alternative at this point assuming the current state of the economy.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
One of our local Chevy dealers closed its doors this morning. Imagine if someone had a deposit down for the new Camaro with them. Would you get your money refunded? Other local Chevy dealers are reporting layoffs due to lack of sales. (It seems another reason cars aren't selling is because people can't get the loans.)

I'm almost tempted to wait until the cars arrive in inventory and walk into my dealer (assuming he's still in business) with my checkbook, a wish-list and take the closest thing they can get to what I desire. At least that seems to be the safest alternative at this point assuming the current state of the economy.
That's actually a very good point that most people are probably just shrugging off as not probable. If they didn't cash your deposit you would be okay. You could always stop payment. But if you gave cash or money order you would most likely be screwed.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:53 AM

FWIW, from this morning's local paper:
http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_10611258

I can't find the link, but in related sidebar story they were predicting nationally that 40% of auto dealerships will go under in the next year. Most of those being GM, Ford or Chrysler dealers.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by supr_bikr_99
Personally, I'm waiting to see what happens with the Z/28. I also want to save up a sizable chunk of cash too for a down payment.
Agreed.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Admin Emeritus

You guys have killer convictions. I would do the same, but my circumstances are slightly different and I would be hating life seeing everyone getting theirs and I will be struggling not to join the pack.

Hope whatever it is you are waiting for is worth your wait to you!
Old 10-04-2008, 09:55 AM

Due to a scheduled trip to the desert next year, I will be waiting until the year after that to get mine. It might be a 2011 MY but more than likly it will be a 2012. Might have some more options to choose from then.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:51 AM

Heard that there may be a B4C offered.

If not then an RS/SS for me.

Quick Reply: When are you getting your Camaro?