2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

What are your thoughts on the new Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
Where are you getting your pricing?

1SS is $30,995.00
2SS is $34,180.00

Canadian pricing. The poster was from Burnaby, BC.

At the current exchange rate we're getting a deal.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by poSSum

Gotcha.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:48 PM

My thoughts on the new Camaro are that it is so-so overall. I like the side of the car alot. I don't like the front or rear of the car, grill, spoiler, some of the rims, and stripe options. The accessories like GFX and high spoiler do help improve it though. Both the V6 and V8 car are too similar. I think the interior is OK and unique, not nearly the big deal some people make of it. The prices are a little high for both cars.

As for performance, the car is simply too heavy. It's barely faster than the fastest LS1's and is getting out handled by the M*stang in magazine tests. That is something that hasn't before and shouldn't happen, ever. Braking distance is a little far. Not including the Z28 in the lineup is a big mistake and will tarnish the image of the car if it cannot beat it's competitors top cars, since that was the mission from the 67 model on. If the Z they made can't be done then tweak the LS3, (or cheapened LS7) throw more suspension parts at it, better brakes, change the look up some, add nicer dual stripes mandatory, (that go over the spoiler) different rims, cut a few pounds, and call it the Z28. I'm sure if I get to drive one I'll have more likes and dislikes to post. When you see a car in person things can change.

Last edited by IZ28; 03-22-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:11 PM

Exterior = love it
Interior = hate it
performance and value = still best in class. The v8 is pricey, but fair considering what you get. The v6 is an absolute bargain and easily the most desirable new car under 25k.

I like it overall. Can't wait to see and drive one in person.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:22 PM

My Opinion of the 2010 ss is that it just took too damn long. For me I had a 2000z28 that I modded the **** out of, over 130kmi it broke, oh well bought a 04 GTO that I got bored of in 3 years, so here it was 2007 and I wanted a car, A Camaro..... well I got one in 2007, had the 2010 been around I might have been interested THEN. But now in the middle of the GREAT DEPRESSION 2, for me to drop 35k for a car that will barley out perform my 2000 SLP SS, it just does not make any sense. My SS has 26kmi on it and is paid in full.

Now with the dnyo at 365hp that is good and hopefully will get better or so, people say oh with headers etc...yeh whatever I can mod anything I get or already have. IRS. I had it on the GTO and made my ride nice and comfy on the bumpy twisties but wheel hop like a ****.

The front of the car looks cool, the rear is i think could have been better...the dashboard is kinda ugly man, really, I want to like this car,but to buy one right now I would have to LOVE it.

Sorry General Motors, I love you, and I know you need sales right now but I just can't do it. Where were you when I was buying " was I supposed to have Faith foreverer ? " I feel terrible 'casue I have been following this since 02' and stayed up nights in 03-04-05 reading this forum looking at concept drawings dreaming about the day a new camaro would be at the showroom.

I dunno GM just can't get it together, the F-ed up the GTO coming, and they FORCED this car on the porker Zeta Platform.

The car is kinda cool for those getting one right now but.........here goes on this one.......no commoner has taken delivery yet !!!! Still WAITING.......Now with Dealer Allocation issues, the market adjustments coming for the first year......

So overall I kinda like it,but barely, and not enough to get rid of my 00 SS for sure. Sorry guys this gen may not be for me. BUT I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN IT IN PERSON NOR DROVE it.. I am a common guy who doesn't have the time to goto car shows and I don't know anyone at GM to get a ride, I am not one of the Disciples , not a forum website owner, Just the average guy who loves Camaro who faithfully read and subscribed to this forum, who read all the FBODFATHER posts, read every Guy McCoy post, every JASON D annoucement, and still have not seen or drove the car. I am your average middle class guy who can't shell out $$$ on a car he has never seen before. I am passionate about the car and love GM and the Camaro. But cmon on already...should I really be GUNG HO on it ?

You Tell Me How I am Supposed to Feel ABout This Car !! (insert emotional camaro guy here) - (also this was typed on a busted *** keyboard with no space bar so my bad on the spellin)
Old 03-22-2009, 10:07 PM

my thoughts: what they've always been. too heavy. too big. 3700 # is the small end of boat territory, i don't care if it does go fast in a straight line.

Originally Posted by 96SSConv#2033
I guess I'll just have to get a Vette.

B
you won't be disappointed
Old 03-22-2009, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by poSSum

Lol, I had to take a second look myself, then I noticed the maple leaf.

IMO its all around the best deal in performance cars right now and a very good car overall. The only areas I dont care for are the interior and rearend treatment.

Last edited by bossco; 03-22-2009 at 10:11 PM.