2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What you LOVE and what you DISLIKE about your new Camaro.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 08:01 AM

What you LOVE and what you DISLIKE about your new Camaro.

What I love.
The power (obvious).
The looks, the beautiful 20" polished wheels, the Inferno interior, and most of all the ride. The chassis team engineered the car with a stunning ride that is not harsh and yet handles. No rattles, tight and no thump, thump over bumps.
The lighting is beautiful and the way the gages swing around when you first start the car....
The car is getting throatier with more miles on it....
The sunroof is high quality and best compromise available...glad I ordered it...
The "chop" window look....
The quality of the leather is good.
The shift quality of the 6 speed is pretty darn good/short...once the transmission is warm...when cold a ait notchy and clunky...
I love the shifter with the flat surfaces on it...fits your hand like a glove
The quality of the stitching on the wheel and shifter and seats is excellent....
The light in the sides of the doors at night is just way cool....lights up the orange panel and gives it a nice hue....

What I dislike,
My GF hates passenger seat...too low and no height seat adjustment ...she feels like she is sitting in a bowl.
She says also how did Chevy forget a "grab" handle ..to get in and out....
The dash especially the top feels cheap. very hollow and lower end plastic.
No grab handle to close the trunk !!
Paint is very very thin...Lots of stone chips already on lower side behind doors>>>>> gonna 3M tape those two areas....
HATE the weights on my front calipers....Nobody on GM team dares pipe up on this one...What a joke.

Got many more thoughts but maybe others with new V6's or V8's can pipe in....
Old 08-04-2009, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by 426HPSS
What I love.

What I dislike,
My GF hates passenger seat...too low and no height seat adjustment ...she feels like she is sitting in a bowl. Get a taller girlfriend
She says also how did Chevy forget a "grab" handle ..to get in and out.... It's not a pickup truck
The dash especially the top feels cheap. very hollow and lower end plastic. It's plastic. There's only so nice it will feel.
No grab handle to close the trunk !! How short are you?
Paint is very very thin...Lots of stone chips already on lower side behind doors>>>>> gonna 3M tape those two areas.... How thick do you want it to be?
HATE the weights on my front calipers....Nobody on GM team dares pipe up on this one...What a joke. Take them off, enjoy noise.

Got many more thoughts but maybe others with new V6's or V8's can pipe in....
Old 08-04-2009, 08:50 AM

Guess one is not allowed to express their opinion of their car if they are critical of a few different areas.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by km9v
Maybe this response was meant to be tongue in cheek...but it came across very negatively. Chipping paint, cheap dash plastics and improperly manufactured calipers are valid complaints in my book.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:42 AM

Yeah, I would hope that was just sarcasm.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:52 AM

i dont really dislike anything about the car. i love everything. about it . as far as the interior,i dont understand why everyone complains about it. yeah it feels like plastic. guess what, its made of plastic. did you want a full leather dash? its not like you drive with your hansds on the dash. as far as grab bars. they really arent needed and if they were there, i think they would get in the way because the roof line is too low. and the grab bar for the trunk? its not a truck. i dont know of any cars with a grab bar on the trunk. most people use the trunk lid to shut the car. i use the bow tie.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Let's try to stay constructive, people. If that was tongue in cheek, you should have included a or something.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:59 AM

OK, if you think "Get a taller girlfriend" wasn't sarcasm, please have your head examined.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

I wish I owned one and could give better comments, but I spent a few hours around one about a month ago and do have a few likes and a couple dislikes:

1. The overall look. The car looks better and better every time I see one, especially in person.
2. The POWER. I drove an SS A6, and was astonished at how fast it accelerates.
3. The attention to detail. All of the little things -- the digital display of your speed when you set the cruise control, the USB jack in the center console, the Chevy bowtie emblems on the sill plates, the GMPD insignia under the hood....
4. The faithfulness to the design of the concept.
5. The BRAKES!! Oh, the brakes.

Dislikes:
1. Those enormous blind spots. This is without question my biggest problem with the car.
2. The small trunk opening. One of the things I love about my 4th gen is it's ability to swallow an astonishing amount of cargo.
3. The fact that I can't afford one.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

OK, if you think "Get a taller girlfriend" wasn't sarcasm, please have your head examined.
Emoticons aren't just for fun. If you're kidding, use one to make it apparent.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
i dont really dislike anything about the car. i love everything. about it . as far as the interior,i dont understand why everyone complains about it. yeah it feels like plastic. guess what, its made of plastic. did you want a full leather dash? its not like you drive with your hansds on the dash. as far as grab bars. they really arent needed and if they were there, i think they would get in the way because the roof line is too low. and the grab bar for the trunk? its not a truck. i dont know of any cars with a grab bar on the trunk. most people use the trunk lid to shut the car. i use the bow tie.
Agree or not, those were valid dislikes.

The comment about the interior...especially the cheapness of it... is starting to become a common refrain.

The interior of the Mustang is top notch, and you might do well to spend some time inside what the competition is putting out.

Even the Dodge Challenger's interior... while boring next to both the Camaro's and Mustang's... seems to have suffered alot less by cost cutters.

In fairness to the Camaro team, the cost for the expensive IRS and other areas had to be made up somewhere (all automakers have traditionally used the interior to make up money spent elsewhere).

But in this day and age where even cheap Kia and Hyundai put together very good interiors there's no excuse for GM not to.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
Agree or not, those were valid dislikes.

The comment about the interior...especially the cheapness of it... is starting to become a common refrain.

The interior of the Mustang is top notch, and you might do well to spend some time inside what the competition is putting out.

Even the Dodge Challenger's interior... while boring next to both the Camaro's and Mustang's... seems to have suffered alot less by cost cutters.

In fairness to the Camaro team, the cost for the expensive IRS and other areas had to be made up somewhere (all automakers have traditionally used the interior to make up money spent elsewhere).

But in this day and age where even cheap Kia and Hyundai put together very good interiors there's no excuse for GM not to.
because Kia and Hyundai don't have to deal with having world class handling or deal with huge amounts of torque and HP they can spend that money saved there to spice up the interior.

The looks of the car
The feel of the car
The cool features like blue tooth and USB connectivity
The performance
The antenna (call me crazy.. it looks like a shark's fin and i think that's what they had in mind)
The wheels even thought I will change them eventually
The way the light beans when it hits a wall it creates 2 evil looking eyes. (I will take a picture of it for everyone to see.)
HALO!!!!!!!!
Stereo is good.
Ambient Light.. (but i would want to complete it to the front as well) Aftermarket where are you????
The soul of it.
The mirrors (I don't have blind spots while driving)
The driver side of the interior
Good room to stick a Turbo

Dislike
The fact that ambient light is not all the way across (aftermarket where are you??)
The passenger side of the interior (a bit too empty)
Backing up is sometimes a pain because of the blind spots but i understand there is no way around it to keep design... so it's ok.
The reverse lights (I will do something about them)
The offset of the wheels? how much lip can we get in aftermarket wheels????

As you can see... my list of likes is much longer than the dislikes.

Last edited by jcamere94z28; 08-04-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by jcamere94z28
because Kia and Hyundai don't have to deal with having world class handling or deal with huge amounts of torque and HP they can spend that money saved there to spice up the interior.

The looks of the car
The feel of the car
The cool features like blue tooth and USB connectivity
The performance
The antenna (call me crazy.. it looks like a shark's fin and i think that's what they had in mind)
The wheels even thought I will change them eventually
The way the light beans when it hits a wall it creates 2 evil looking eyes. (I will take a picture of it for everyone to see.)
HALO!!!!!!!!
Stereo is good.
Ambient Light.. (but i would want to complete it to the front as well) Aftermarket where are you????
The soul of it.
The mirrors (I don't have blind spots while driving)
The driver side of the interior
Good room to stick a Turbo

Dislike
The fact that ambient light is not all the way across (aftermarket where are you??)
The passenger side of the interior (a bit too empty)
Backing up is sometimes a pain because of the blind spots but i understand there is no way around it to keep design... so it's ok.
The reverse lights (I will do something about them)
The offset of the wheels? how much lip can we get in aftermarket wheels????

As you can see... my list of likes is much longer than the dislikes.
i got a 3" lip in the rear on my wheels. but i believe i could get more without it sticking out. but my wheels are cut colored and on the car so its too late. i can see a 5" lip being achieved without making a wide body kit or the wheels sticking out past the fenders.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:55 PM

dislikes
back up light location - fixed that
chrome trim rings on tailamps - fixed
the sidemarkers- fixed that too
other than that there are really no bad things i can really complain about on this car. i am pretty content with it and feel that it will keep me happy for many more years.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
i got a 3" lip in the rear on my wheels. but i believe i could get more without it sticking out. but my wheels are cut colored and on the car so its too late. i can see a 5" lip being achieved without making a wide body kit or the wheels sticking out past the fenders.

I love to see some photos of that...

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
dislikes
back up light location - fixed that
chrome trim rings on tailamps - fixed
the sidemarkers- fixed that too
other than that there are really no bad things i can really complain about on this car. i am pretty content with it and feel that it will keep me happy for many more years.
what did you do for the back up lights?

Quick Reply: What you LOVE and what you DISLIKE about your new Camaro.