2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

What kind of Image does the Camaro Portray?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 05:48 AM

Re: What kind of Image does the Camaro Portray?

Originally Posted by FS3800
wow i just read some depressing comments left on the yahoo news story about the camaro concept...

http://news.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?a...37138456&mid=1

granted, 99% of them are moronic idiots.. it proves the stigma is still out there
wow. how did things get so out of hand in society?? it's like a runaway train. the faster it goes the more idiots it picks up.

i say this. unless GM start playing a PR war, I mean mythbuster style (like the discovery channel show) and shooting down all this igorant anti-american BS people are spouting and thousands of idiots are listening to, they really are DONE. i mean, GM isn't fighting a company or a product, it's fighting a culture. a culture it admittedly helped create.

but i mean, if GM doesn't start to fight back with PR, and a miraculous, well informed and orgonized counter culture doesn't spring up here and starts pushing back the absurdity this Asian warshiping has gotten to, it really is all over for US.

every time I see an American kid hating on US industries it really strikes me as odd because I'm a first generation Russian immigrant and I understand better what it is to be American then he does. it boggles the mind.

/rant off
Old 01-10-2006, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by morb|d
every time I see an American kid hating on US industries it really strikes me as odd because I'm a first generation Russian immigrant and I understand better what it is to be American then he does. it boggles the mind.

I have noticed many, many native born Americans do not seem to know what it means to be an American, and this isn't just about buying American cars. There are too many people in this country that take way too much of what they have for granted. Sorry for my little rant there.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:45 PM

The new Camaro portrays both the new And old, the best of both worlds, IMO. As far as how the potrayal should be pushed, I'd like to add 'quality'. I know the Camaro may have had fairly good quality, at least the later models, but I've heard a few people mention the lack of quality in certain models.

When I see the new Camaro, I see a car that is actually raised in class, not just above what it was seen before, but in real quality, long lasting quality.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:03 AM

You can tell that from just looking at a concept, huh?
Old 01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
Banned

I think the first Camaro commercial should start off in a herd of horses, first you hear a little exhaust rumble...the horses start to whine, then you hear the exhaust roar and the horses start taking off...shortly after that, the horses break right down the middle and the 2009 Camaro come blowing out of the gap leaving them in the dust...then it just goes to a gratuitous skidding and burnout sequence leaving you with nothing but tire smoke in the air and "The New Camaro, Muscle For The 21st Century" across the screen. (I know I stole that from the unveiling video, but it's theirs and they should use it) What do ya think? Kinda symbolic if you ask me.

Oh, and by the way...the new camaro says get out of my way, I've got an old score to settle to me.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:27 AM

I think that would be a good commercial to use on Adult Swim maybe, or during Conan O'Brien, but that is probably gonna be too aggressive of a commercial to use during something like the 5 o'clock news.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by RussStang
You can tell that from just looking at a concept, huh?
I see the possibilities, and yes, it does look like it 'could' be higher quality.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by shock6906
I think the first Camaro commercial should start off in a herd of horses, first you hear a little exhaust rumble...the horses start to whine, then you hear the exhaust roar and the horses start taking off...shortly after that, the horses break right down the middle and the 2009 Camaro come blowing out of the gap leaving them in the dust...then it just goes to a gratuitous skidding and burnout sequence leaving you with nothing but tire smoke in the air and "The New Camaro, Muscle For The 21st Century" across the screen. (I know I stole that from the unveiling video, but it's theirs and they should use it) What do ya think? Kinda symbolic if you ask me.

Oh, and by the way...the new camaro says get out of my way, I've got an old score to settle to me.
Fantastic idea! Run it on Speed channel, on the regular netwoorks during major sporting events (especially Nascar, we gotta get those Monte Carlo drivers on board!).......