2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what happened to "Red Planet"

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 09:46 PM

Re: what happened to "Red Planet"

Originally Posted by PacerX
How exactly did you wire a CB into that horse and buggy anyway?

oh man.. i'd be careful.. i've heard stories of Scott getting physically abusive.. you better pray you don't run into him he's liable to smack you upside the head with a hat or somethin
Old 12-20-2005, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by FS3800
oh man.. i'd be careful.. i've heard stories of Scott getting physically abusive.. you better pray you don't run into him he's liable to smack you upside the head with a hat or somethin
PacerX ain't afraid a no hat............
Old 12-20-2005, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
PacerX ain't afraid a no hat............
The buggy whip, on the other hand, has me petrified!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Jason has the story pretty much right. We talked many times but it used to be verboten for us to go out to sites. So.........I 'dusted off' my ole C.B. "handle" (how's THAT for aging me?) which was "Red Planet"....'cause I'm from Mars, PA..(and Mars is the Red Planet) ..and at the time, I had a Red Camaro (college years)

sooo....I would post quite a bit....and several people could not figure out who I was.....then I believe Doug Harden figured it out (kept it to himself...) then a few more. It was somewhat of a joke because every once in a while, a 'poor unfortunate' would post something like "Shut your Pie Hole, Pink Martian" thinking that I was making something up..........and of course, we'd all laugh.......

shift forward to a thread....and I don't even remember what the subject was at the time, but suffice it to say it was one of those where tempers and passions are very much evident.

I had tried to make a point...and kept getting flamed by two people. Now....I was sitting in a Hotel Room out in the desert after a long hot day of filming...and it was around 1am and I'd had enough.....lost my temper....and 'outted myself'.......well....kinda.......I said "you're right! What the HELL would I KNOW???? I only WORK FOR GM and my initials appear on several hundred thousand Camaros!!!" (yeah....I know....grumpy, arrogant...oh well......) and of course it clicked with a whole bunch of people........

The Fbodfather name is another story.......I'll post sometime. It was given to me by the Hudson Valley Fbody Club.
There goes an entire chapter of your book out in the open. Jeeze, Scotty, I hope you have more on tap than just a few stories.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:06 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by PacerX
How exactly did you wire a CB into that horse and buggy anyway?
Horse and buggy?

It was a Friggin CHARIOT........................................

.........I bought it from Ben

..........................Ben Hur........remember him?
Old 12-20-2005, 11:09 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Josh452
There goes an entire chapter of your book out in the open. Jeeze, Scotty, I hope you have more on tap than just a few stories.
funny you should mention that........I was on a 757 on Sunday coming from Los Angeles ....and decided....ohwhatthehell......let's just start writing something........and before you know it, I was up to 10 pages..........the problem is that I was ALL OVER THE PLACE.............

See...I don't know where to start....do I start with how I got in the business? If so, that's a whole history lesson going back to about 1895......(no smart remarks, Pacer or I WILL use that buggy whip on you)

(and regardless of whether you'd like that or not is BESIDE the point......... )

.....so..........whatchoo want to hear about in the book?
Old 12-20-2005, 11:35 PM

point......... )

Hmmm, Everything maybe
Old 12-20-2005, 11:59 PM

Lots of history and interesting tidbits, you know what we like
Old 12-21-2005, 12:19 AM

2009 Camaro Scott Settlemire nice ring to it

how do you feel about your initials being used across the chevy brand

i hope you demand royalties
Old 12-21-2005, 07:32 AM

funny you should mention that........I was on a 757 on Sunday coming from Los Angeles ....and decided....ohwhatthehell......let's just start writing something........and before you know it, I was up to 10 pages..........the problem is that I was ALL OVER THE PLACE.............

See...I don't know where to start....do I start with how I got in the business? If so, that's a whole history lesson going back to about 1895......(no smart remarks, Pacer or I WILL use that buggy whip on you)

(and regardless of whether you'd like that or not is BESIDE the point......... )

Just a suggestion, but focus on a certain period in time. I'm thinking like ACAR. However, start with the demise of the 4th gen and work your way up to the culmination and release of the 5th gen.

Randy
Old 12-21-2005, 07:40 AM

Two things in this thread made me laugh :

1) Scott saying this:

"Shut your Pie Hole, Pink Martian"
and

2) Scott having this under his name on his member profile in each post:

ALMIGHTY MEMBER
(since it can be taken a few different ways, that is...)
Old 12-21-2005, 08:00 AM

You don't have to start anywhere logically....just do stream-of-consciousness any time you have a spare moment.....just write what comes out. Later you and/or someone else can sort and edit it into coherent groupings called "chapters" . The important thing is to get it all down on paper (or on screen).

I will go to Barnes & Noble and put a deposit down on this book now (a joke from another thread).

Seriously, I'd love to read something like this from you and am glad to offer whatever help I can proofing or reading drafts, etc. I think you'll have more offers of support and help than you can honestly take advantage of.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:24 AM
Admin Emeritus

........and before you know it, I was up to 10 pages..........the problem is that I was ALL OVER THE PLACE.............
Good thing you have someone helping you write it...

Old 12-21-2005, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Darth Xed
2) Scott having this under his name on his member profile in each post:

ALMIGHTY MEMBER
(since it can be taken a few different ways, that is...)

that's disturbing in soooooo many ways.

as far as the book Scott, let Pacer put it in order and proof read it......he'll catch most of the gremmar/speilling erly
Old 12-21-2005, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
You don't have to start anywhere logically....just do stream-of-consciousness any time you have a spare moment.....just write what comes out. Later you and/or someone else can sort and edit it into coherent groupings called "chapters" . The important thing is to get it all down on paper (or on screen).

I will go to Barnes & Noble and put a deposit down on this book now (a joke from another thread).

Seriously, I'd love to read something like this from you and am glad to offer whatever help I can proofing or reading drafts, etc. I think you'll have more offers of support and help than you can honestly take advantage of.

Exactly. And heck w/ the following here for the Camaro's, even if it was just a jumbled mess of random thoughts, it'd sell like hot cakes!!!

Quick Reply: what happened to "Red Planet"