2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what happened to "Red Planet"

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 03:34 PM

what happened to "Red Planet"

seems the user "Red Planet" is gone.. was he somehow combined with Fbodfather to form one user? Scott get therapy to get rid of his split personalities?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

Re: what happened to "Red Planet"

His two accounts were combined into one for simplification and less confusion.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:37 PM

if youre wondering why hes not posting as much, you have to realize its the beginning of the autoshow season, and I'm sure he's rediculously busy.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:42 PM

Jason answered my question, thanks.. and i figured as much since if you went back to thread where Red Planet posted, it now says Fbodfather, and still says Red Planet in posts where his posts were quoted

i think it was for the better.. i myself was confused for a bit when i first started posting here.. this should help newbies out..

i am still curious as to how Scott got two usernames in the first place
Old 12-20-2005, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by FS3800
Jason answered my question, thanks.. and i figured as much since if you went back to thread where Red Planet posted, it now says Fbodfather, and still says Red Planet in posts where his posts were quoted

i think it was for the better.. i myself was confused for a bit when i first started posting here.. this should help newbies out..

1 for home, 1 for the office, you can tell one of them only posts during the day, the other after office hours
Old 12-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by FS3800
If I remember right, one he used from work/on location and the other from home. I think he forgot the password to one so he started another. Something like that.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:53 PM

It makes more since to call him fbodfather. (didnt that 'Red Planet' movie from 2000 suck anyway?-
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130 )

Especially when a zillion noobs start pop'n up here early next month they will know what man to thank.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by johnsocal
Especially when a zillion noobs start pop'n up here early next month they will know what man to thank

which is why he shoulda kept Red Planet......just so he can go low key and post.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by turbo96z28
which is why he shoulda kept Red Planet......just so he can go low key and post.
Here's the story behind this...

Back in 1999, Scott and I got to know each other quite well. Eventually, I made him an account here so he could post and intereact with everyone being on more of an "equal level".

Sooner or later, it was discovered who he was and the cat was out of the bag. This isn't a bad thing, just different.

However, you never know who else has an account here or even those who don't and just read what everyone here has to say.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:14 PM

Who?! Who?! Tell us! Tell us!

Ahh, never mind, I don't care. Because of that reason though, that's why it's usually best to avoid flaming others and making comments you'd never have the b@lls to back-up if you ever met some of these people in person ... not that we shouldn't be honest about our thoughts/opinions though (like whether we do/don't like the concept that "we weren't supposed to see"? ).
Old 12-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Banned

i really hope they realize that generally a sample of people and thoughts from this forum has nothing to do with the real world.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:56 PM

I bet it would be a good idea to make this thread a sticky.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
If I remember right, one he used from work/on location and the other from home. I think he forgot the password to one so he started another. Something like that.
the forgot the password thing i can understand.. but having one for work and another for home.. that's not really necessary, you can sign on to the same username from both locations

i can understand creating a "low key" username so that he can post sometimes anonymously..

hmm maybe you merged Red Planet and Fbodfather and secretly created another secret username for him to use
Old 12-20-2005, 09:16 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Jason has the story pretty much right. We talked many times but it used to be verboten for us to go out to sites. So.........I 'dusted off' my ole C.B. "handle" (how's THAT for aging me?) which was "Red Planet"....'cause I'm from Mars, PA..(and Mars is the Red Planet) ..and at the time, I had a Red Camaro (college years)

sooo....I would post quite a bit....and several people could not figure out who I was.....then I believe Doug Harden figured it out (kept it to himself...) then a few more. It was somewhat of a joke because every once in a while, a 'poor unfortunate' would post something like "Shut your Pie Hole, Pink Martian" thinking that I was making something up..........and of course, we'd all laugh.......

shift forward to a thread....and I don't even remember what the subject was at the time, but suffice it to say it was one of those where tempers and passions are very much evident.

I had tried to make a point...and kept getting flamed by two people. Now....I was sitting in a Hotel Room out in the desert after a long hot day of filming...and it was around 1am and I'd had enough.....lost my temper....and 'outted myself'.......well....kinda.......I said "you're right! What the HELL would I KNOW???? I only WORK FOR GM and my initials appear on several hundred thousand Camaros!!!" (yeah....I know....grumpy, arrogant...oh well......) and of course it clicked with a whole bunch of people........

The Fbodfather name is another story.......I'll post sometime. It was given to me by the Hudson Valley Fbody Club.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
So.........I 'dusted off' my ole C.B. "handle" (how's THAT for aging me?)

How exactly did you wire a CB into that horse and buggy anyway?

Quick Reply: what happened to "Red Planet"