2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which of these is you?
I have a 1/2 gen and like the new retro look
7.69%
I have a 1/2 gen and dislike the new retro look
2.20%
I have a 3/4 gen and like the new retro look
71.43%
I have a 3/4 gen and dislike the new retro look
18.68%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

What gen owners like wut????

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 05:20 PM

Re: What gen owners like wut????

doesn't look retro to me. It looks like a camaro. Now the mustang looks like a carbon copy of the old ones that's for sure...

If this camaro concept is retro, then the mustang must be a early gen mustang with the corners sanded down and a new powerplant...
Old 12-16-2005, 07:27 PM

Well I`ve owned a 69Z,and now I have a 78 and a 94Z but I don`t think the pic that was taken off the site looked retro if that is the pic you all are talking about.My thoughts on that pic was that it looks like a Caddy or Vette rear end with mustang quarters and stupid mirrors(why not a rear view camera like George Barris did for his new GTO?)and the upper grill looks like something they took off a truck or someother new style chevy.They need to start all over again if you ask me.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:41 PM

I have owned a 1st gen, and 3..3rd gens, currently 2..3rd gens.
And tho I "Like" the concept, I'd love to see the 5th follow suit to the C6.
Noone can say the C6 is retro, yet the curves, windows, stance and remind me of the things I loved from ALL gens....the only gripe I have with the C6 is the headlights, they don't have to be "pop-ups" but the body color bezels don't look good to me.
If the same approach was applied to the F5, I'll be in Heaven!..
Old 12-16-2005, 10:15 PM

you all have proven me wrong! I was 99% sure most 3/4 gen owners did notlike the retro look of the new concept (yes i think it is retro but with a modern twist as some would say)

thx for voting
Old 12-16-2005, 11:10 PM

ive owned a 3rd gen and i now own a 4th, and i dislike the 5th gen concept cause its retro
Old 12-17-2005, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Its called heritage styling. The Challenger concept is retro. The Camaro concept is not.

I can see styling cues from all four previous generations in the design. Some people can't see this. IMO, that's their problem.
You say "to-may-to", I say "to-mah-to" ...

You say "heritage", I say "retro" .

Hey, I'm just being honest, and I think I'm looking at it from "average Joe public's" perspective. I think that anybody who knows old Camaros will look at this concept and say "hey, that looks a lot like the old ones ... kinda like the new Mustang looks like the old ones". Well, those are the thoughts that run through my head anyways?

I realize that our crowd here on the board is made up of "enthusiasts", and we're a different crowd than "average Joe public", and we're going to pick apart the car, and be more critical, and technical, but I'm just as much of a Camaro lover as you are, I have/had more than 1 F-body in my lifetime, but I DO NOT see any 2nd or 4th-gen influence in the concept . Unless you could show me a side-by-side comparison, or describe in DETAIL the similarities, all I see from the FRONT ANGLE SHOT is a 1st-gen Camaro (I'll even give you that it has the "boxy" look of a 3rd-gen, but there's no 2nd or 4th ).
Old 12-17-2005, 03:52 PM

Im confused I dont know how to vote since I've had a 1st 2nd and 4th gen. But I like the retro.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
You guys who say it doesn't look retro are in denial. I'm sitting looking at the concept pics and a picture of my Dad's '69 SS ..... of course they're not "identical", but c'mon fellas, don't kid yourselves, it's retro.
Most people that have seen it seem to think it is retro. The people on this board that say it isn't retro at all have a hard enough time trying to convince everyone on an internet message board that it isn't retro. Good luck with the masses when they see it. The internet is one of the few places I have heard someone say that the new Mustang is not retro. Everyone I have ever talked to, and all the major automotive publications I have read, have considered the Mustang retro, and likely will consider the 5th gen retro.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Its called heritage styling. The Challenger concept is retro. The Camaro concept is not.

I can see styling cues from all four previous generations in the design. Some people can't see this. IMO, that's their problem.

I think people tend to associate heritage styling with something more like the new c6. Something brand new, but has some styling cues from the past in it if you are smart enough to notice them. Something like the 5th gen is going to be considered retro by the overwhelming general population, like it or not. I can see 1st gen all over it when I look at it.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:53 PM

Maybe I'm the only one, but I see no third gen influence on the concept.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:28 PM

Posted by DrewSG:
Maybe I'm the only one, but I see no third gen influence on the concept.
Try squinting a little, looking at the front end, imagine a filler panel between the headlights, hood and windshield area, and the wide 5-spoke wheels.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:49 PM

I say the car is very modern look at the under side and the running gear.
It still keeps it roots and looks like a Camaro in a updated design.
Just how many different shapes do you think you can make body panels.
Do you call what comes from Europe the way you want a Camaro when they all look like a box and all have the same look to them, they all copy each other with a little twist to the looks.
I happen to love what I have seen and think it will even be better in person.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:36 PM

interesting.. even if you take % of 1-2 owners vs % of 3-4 owners..

75.0% of 1-2 owners like it
78.5% of 3-4 owners like it

so you were way off in your assumptions..