2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Gen Camaro Makes you Fell Warm and Fuzzy?
First Gen
30.13%
Second Gen
17.99%
Third Gen
27.20%
Fourth Gen
24.69%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

What Gen Camaro makes your feel the most warm and fuzzy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:24 PM

Re: What Gen Camaro makes your feel the most warm and fuzzy?

well, if we are talking about performance of course i'd go with the LS1 4th gen.. but i was ranking it based on exterior styling
Old 12-12-2005, 10:44 PM

That's a tough choice. How about 1st, 3rd and 4th gen..

I have owned a 3rd gen. It was a 91 Z28 with the 5.7, leather. God I loved that car, wish I never would have sold it. I also currently own a 4th gen. I really love my 97 as well, and I have learned my lesson on selling these cars. Just going to hang on to it. I might just end up needing a big ol' garage for all the cars.

If I had to choose and buy another camaro today, it would probably be another 91 - 92 Z28 or late 80's IROC. I have a deep attachment to the car I grew up with. Waiting on the 1st gen until I have time to restore a car.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:01 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

well.......interesting poll. I've owned every generation....drove many many many 2nd 3rd and 4th gens as company cars.

Loved the look of the 1969 RS/SS or Z/28 RS.....but while I love the look of them, driving them today is another thing altogether. They were ahead of their time in both ride and handling....but they're primitive.

Second gen......wow....talk about a polarizing style. If we had enthusiasts back in 1970, I suspect that some people at GM would have had death threats. You either loved them or hated them. Period. But it grew on people.....and we sold TONS of 'em. I loved them then and I love 'em now. A 1971 Z28/RS is just killer looking. Best year for Camaro? 1979 with over 282,000 of them sold.....second best year? 1978....272,000! I have many fond memories of several late 2nd gen Z28s....and my first "new" Camaro.....bought it while in college on a balloon note. 1973 Type LT 'cause my father (rightfully so) didn't trust me with a Z28. (something about me drag racing his SS-454 Demo one weekend.....)

Third Gen.......I nearly fell over the first time I saw one in Detroit behind closed doors. couldn't believe it! No question that they turned heads..esp. when they came out in 1982. Again, many fond memories of many Z28s during those years. (was cleaning out files the other day in my office and came across some old invoices of my company cars in 1989 thru 1991......was like a walk down memory lane....) Favorite one? A 1992 Z28 Convert....25th Anny ...White with Red Stripes and Red Leather interior...many fun nights cruising on Long Beach Island while on vacation that summer........

Fourth Gen.........who can forget the sound of an LT1? The 1993 Indy 500 Pace car is, in my book, the most striking Camaro in terms of overall appearance. But then SLP took a great car and made it better with the SS......loved the 30th Anny cars........the consumate Camaro colors..esp. with Houndstooth interior. The Berger Cars. The Tom Henry Cars. The Dale Earnhart cars...........

Lotsa choices....but in the final analysis? The 2002 Camaro SS with SLP Bilstein and 345 hp package......best quality in 35 years....great fuel economy....

........well..........OK..........mebbe a ZL1........nothing sounds better than an LS1 with the chambered exhaust.....and the Penske Adjustable Suspension....

or......perhaps the Harrell Camaros........

never an easy choice to pick your favorite.

Last edited by Fbodfather; 12-13-2005 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:08 AM

Long Beach Island huh? you are definetley still a kid from Pennsy at heart .
Old 12-13-2005, 12:08 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by jg95z28
The only bad years were 74-77 with asthmatic V8s and those big ugly chrome bumpers.
and they weren't even chrome. they were extruded aluminum and then polished! That said, I think they were, considering the tough bumper impact standards, relatively nicely executed (that doesn't sound right...)
Old 12-13-2005, 12:10 AM

Scott,

I look forward to living these memories with my son, 20 years from now talking about the day we bought the tricked out (insert fire breathing Camaro model here), and the impact it will have on him growing up. I think that this, as much as anything else about these cars, defines why we are passionate about them. They create emotion, or perhaps embody it, and that is what seperates them from oridary cars. Long Live the Camaro! May she enjoy another 35 (or more this time) year run!!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Red Planet
well.......interesting poll. I've owned every generation....drove many many many 2nd 3rd and 4th gens as company cars.

Loved the look of the 1969 RS/SS or Z/28 RS.....but while I love the look of them, driving them today is another thing altogether. They were ahead of their time in both ride and handling....but they're primitive.

Second gen......wow....talk about a polarizing style. If we had enthusiasts back in 1970, I suspect that some people at GM would have had death threats. You either loved it or hated it. Period. But it grew on people.....and we sold TONS of 'em. Best year for Camaro? 1979 with over 282,000 of them sold.....second best year? 1978....272,000! I have many fond memories of several late 2nd gen Z28s....and my first "new" Camaro.....bought it while in college on a balloon note. 1973 Type LT 'cause my father (rightfully so) didn't trust me with a Z28. (something about me drag racing his SS-454 Demo one weekend.....)

Third Gen.......I nearly fell over the first time I saw one in Detroit behind closed doors. couldn't believe it! No question that they turned heads..esp. when they came out in 1982. Again, many fond memories of many Z28s during those years. (was cleaning out files the other day in my office and came across some old invoices of my company cars in 1989 thru 1991......was like a walk down memory lane....) Favorite one? A 1992 Z28 Convert....25th Anny ...White with Red Stripes and Red Leather interior...many fun nights cruising on Long Beach Island while on vacation that summer........

Fourth Gen.........who can forget the sound of an LT1? The 1993 Indy 500 Pace car is, in my book, the most striking Camaro in terms of overall appearance. But then SLP took a great car and made it better with the SS......loved the 30th Anny cars........the consumate Camaro colors..esp. with Houndstooth interior. The Berger Cars. The Tom Henry Cars. The Dale Earnhart cars...........

Lotsa choices....but in the final analysis? The 2002 Camaro SS with SLP Bilstein and 345 hp package......best quality in 35 years....great fuel economy....

........well..........OK..........mebbe a ZL1........nothing sounds better than an LS1 with the chambered exhaust.....and the Penske Adjustable Suspension....

Don't forget the 30th anniversary cars with the LT4's. I will oneday build myself a replica of that one. My future collection will include:

1969 ZL-1 replica
1970 LT-2 454 (the 454 only made it into one car from the factory and the LT-2 never made it at all as far as I know but this should have been the successor to the ZL-1)
1992 25th anniversary collectors edition (only 2 of these were made)
1997 3th anniversary LT4
2002 ZL-1 (would do the Harrell edition but I think the body work would get really expensive and the engine for the ZL-1 will already cost an arm and a leg)

edit: and how can I forget my 5th gen with a LS7 perhaps?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:21 AM

Old 12-13-2005, 04:07 AM

IMO, 3rd Gen Camaro 'verts are one of the best looking convertibles ever made. If I ever wanted a one, I'd definitely look for a 3rd Gen first.

http://www.iroczdesigns.com/Links/DSC00047.JPG

Gorgeous.

nothing sounds better than an LS1 with the chambered exhaust.....
LS1 with true duals..
Old 12-13-2005, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Horde
1970 and 71 were the last of the 300+hp engines. They really stood out as unique in those years with their euro inspired designed.
That's my vote as well.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Red Planet:
........well..........OK..........mebbe a ZL1........nothing sounds better than an LS1 with the chambered exhaust.....
I hope they will get the Camaro sounding as good as they did the GTO's. The sound is half the impact, to me.
And, to me, I loved the 1st gen BBC - true dual, exhaust note, best, especially cammed.

Last edited by 90rocz; 12-13-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:16 AM

Well Scott said it for me as well. I have owned all 4 generations and more than one of each but one. I had 1 first gen 3 3rd gens and 5 4th gens and what did I like best. My 89 Iroc 350 and my 2001 SS vert in SOM
Old 12-13-2005, 08:54 AM

I've always like the 67 to 68 1st Gens. Being the wierdo that I am, I never liked the 69. I thought it looked bloated compared to the 68 or 67 with its wider body style and just something about it did not appeal to me. I loved the early second gens. The Open mouth, split bumper RS/Z-28's are my favorite of the second gens.

For third gens, the Camaro's did not appeal to me all that much, they were fine cars but I liked the 3rd Gen firebirds more than their bowtie brethern.

Finally the 4th Gen. I loved them all, but I especially loved the 98+ 4th Gen Camaros. I loved the restyled look and I loved the cars power and etc. I love that cockpit feeling and being raised on a farm and riding in rough farm equipment all the time, the "harsh" ride some complained about was smooth as silk to me lol.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:09 AM

First Choice - 68' RS w/ a screamin 327 and 4-spd with all of the ORIGINAL guages. That light blue color w/ white bumblebee stripe (just around the hood not down the side of the car) and white interior. Lowered 1.5" or so nice stance w/ great wheels and huge brakes/calipers. This is what I'm building when I graduate.

2nd choice. What's in my sig. My 94. 383 LT1 putting out 400rwhp to the ground, built 6spd, 12 bolt, PERFECT red/black top paint, perfect custom leather interrior including headliner/middle console (would put an Aston Martin to shame), some great looking 18" wheels with at least 275's all around preferably 315ish out back with huge baer brakes seen through the wheels.

3rd; 91-92 Z28 350TPI, auto, black w/ gray leather interrior.

4th; IROC white w/ tan/gold (whatever that color was) IROC badge and wheels.

5th; 70 1/2 Z28, Orange w/ white stripes

And that's just my Camaro Pics...
Old 12-13-2005, 09:19 AM

There is no better looking Camaro, or F-body for that matter, than an '85 IROC-Z in red.

Quick Reply: What Gen Camaro makes your feel the most warm and fuzzy?