2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
View Poll Results: Which Gen Camaro Makes you Fell Warm and Fuzzy?
First Gen
30.13%
Second Gen
17.99%
Third Gen
27.20%
Fourth Gen
24.69%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

What Gen Camaro makes your feel the most warm and fuzzy?

Old 09-21-2005, 12:09 PM

Re: What Gen Camaro makes your feel the most warm and fuzzy?

3rd gens more than anything. I like my 4th gen though..

But a dream is to have a fully restored 70's-era Black Trans-Am (ala Smokey and the Bandit). (can't think of exact year of that car specifically)
Old 09-21-2005, 12:30 PM

3rd (91-92Z)

Actually the ultimate is a 3rd gen, with a 4th gen powertrain (LS1/M6)
Old 09-21-2005, 01:20 PM

I didn't see an option for 5th gen, so I voted for the 1st gen.

Really though, the 5th gen is my pick. If that car is not going to be the best Camaro to date, then why even make it?
Old 09-21-2005, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by RoMaD
I didn't see an option for 5th gen, so I voted for the 1st gen.

Really though, the 5th gen is my pick. If that car is not going to be the best Camaro to date, then why even make it?
Interesting...the anticipation does get me warm and fuzzy.

At least until all the retro crap comes up
Old 09-21-2005, 08:43 PM

But Dream '94 Z28 why do people buy the 05 Mustangs so much. They are retro! And the PT. My favorite is the Tbird. Other than the fact they forgot the four letter f word. Not F*** but Ford. Although they go hand in hand. People will say in 07..... "O F*** I bought a Ford" or "O F*** my Ford broke" I say make the 5th gen so bada** that people forget there is a Mustang.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by CCoop8830
But Dream '94 Z28 why do people buy the 05 Mustangs so much. They are retro! And the PT. My favorite is the Tbird. Other than the fact they forgot the four letter f word. Not F*** but Ford. Although they go hand in hand. People will say in 07..... "O F*** I bought a Ford" or "O F*** my Ford broke" I say make the 5th gen so bada** that people forget there is a Mustang.

???
Old 09-22-2005, 12:51 AM

I think he's trying to say Timmy is stuck in a well.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by CCoop8830
Personally I don't know why eveyone has this fascination with old things. My marketing friend opined a few years ago it was because after 9/11, the recent recession and other events people more than ever wanted to be around familiar things or thing things that reminded them of the old days when things were (supposedly) better. You all want the equivilent of comfort food, which is great except with cars and some other things you're stuck with that $20K-$30K comfort food for 5+ years.

Why do people buy so many Mustangs? 1.), they always have for the past 10 years as the performance coupe market softened, 2.) it's the only kid on the playground, 3.) 'Mustang' is such a big part of Americana it could pull off this silly stunt. I honestly don't know if 'Camaro' could (personal convictions aside).

I'll buy all that. My personaly problem with retro is that it's like listening to a cover band. It sounds all nice and that but the magic that made the original isn't there. Alot of people are like "It's a great looking car but I can't help but feel like we've been here before."

Looking backwards doesn't solve todays or tomorrows problem. Retro doesn't deliver the same 'wow' factor that new, innovative designs do. When the next styling/design breakthrough trend hits it big, how stupid will it look to be in a new cars that looks 40 years old?

The retro fad is close to 10 years old. The time is ripe for a bold company to deliver fresh design that'll know our socks off.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by JG/70Z
I think he's trying to say Timmy is stuck in a well.

-Mike
Old 09-22-2005, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by dream '94 Z28
Personally I don't know why eveyone has this fascination with old things. My marketing friend opined a few years ago it was because after 9/11, the recent recession and other events people more than ever wanted to be around familiar things or thing things that reminded them of the old days when things were (supposedly) better. You all want the equivilent of comfort food, which is great except with cars and some other things you're stuck with that $20K-$30K comfort food for 5+ years.

Why do people buy so many Mustangs? 1.), they always have for the past 10 years as the performance coupe market softened, 2.) it's the only kid on the playground, 3.) 'Mustang' is such a big part of Americana it could pull off this silly stunt. I honestly don't know if 'Camaro' could (personal convictions aside).

I'll buy all that. My personaly problem with retro is that it's like listening to a cover band. It sounds all nice and that but the magic that made the original isn't there. Alot of people are like "It's a great looking car but I can't help but feel like we've been here before."

Looking backwards doesn't solve todays or tomorrows problem. Retro doesn't deliver the same 'wow' factor that new, innovative designs do. When the next styling/design breakthrough trend hits it big, how stupid will it look to be in a new cars that looks 40 years old?

The retro fad is close to 10 years old. The time is ripe for a bold company to deliver fresh design that'll know our socks off.
Hear hear.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:52 AM

I used to own a 69 RS/Z28, Cortez Silver, Red Std interior, black stipes and vinyl top and I really really miss that car. I wish I had the funds to buy that car back and know its somewhere in Ohio. So recently I had the thought of getting a 91 or 92 Z28, paint it cortez silver, red interior, black stipes, and put the 69 Z/28 embles on it and give it some nostsalga. Maybe I'll try to put hidden headlights on it to make it a rally sport

I voted for the 1st gen.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:55 AM

1970 and 71 were the last of the 300+hp engines. They really stood out as unique in those years with their euro inspired designed.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:22 AM

For me it's the 68's specifically! I will never get tired of the timeless look of them, they are IMO the 55-57's Chevy's of the 60's (67-69's), classic, clean style, that myself and many others will never tire of. Then it's the early second gens like my 73 Z/28, not nearly as popular as the 1st gens, but still very nice, and tough looking musclecars cars. Some of the later 2nd gens are nice too when done right. After that, I like the last of the breed, wether its the 93-97's or the 98-02's, and finally the 3rd gens! Yes 3rd gens, are at the bottom of my list for Camaro. Either way, all gens give me that warm & fuzzy feeling, when done up nicely, including the 3rd gens! I also agree with the theory that, ppl want to be brought back to what in their minds, was a better, simpler time. And I don't think that will ever change, just look at how many ppl here are hot for the 3rd gens. That is what they/we remember, they will one day look back, and long for another 3rd gen, and the same goes for 4th gens. And the 5th gen, when it comes out will be remembered fondly by that next generation, who has visions from their youth, day dreaming about them, just as many of us recall the 1st gens. Man I miss my 68 too, it was like my baby. One day I hope to have one of every generation!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by dream '94 Z28

I don't think "retro" is the right word here, it's "Nostalgia"...just the very NAME "Mustang" carries lots of fond memories, and street earned respect.
I believe the SAME can be said for "Camaro", it's like the Yin and the Yang, one doesn't have a full effect w/o the other...or one isn't fully appreciated w/o it's rival.
I think when or if the Camaro comes back it will boost Mustang sales as well, the same goes for a presence of the new Mustang selling Camaro's if they were made now.
As said many times, unless they have enough "CUES" to visually tie the 5th gen to it's ancestors, it won't have the impact it's looking for...
Old 09-22-2005, 04:03 PM

1st (69 RS/SS or 69 Z28)

and 4th (LT1 Z28s and LS1 Trans Ams)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Gen Camaro makes your feel the most warm and fuzzy?