2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

v6 contstraints

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 11:34 AM

v6 contstraints

I have read that there are constraints on the v6 camaro's right now. So I have ordered a 2lt silver ice rs apperance. I ordered from a smaller dealership and I was the first order that dealership took . so when is the best guess on what month i will receive my camaro?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:09 PM

From what I've read into this, GM has said that the dealers will initially receive one "sold" order and one V6 for the showroom. I'm guessing that giving every dealer one V6 right away may slow the V6 "sold" orders up somewhat.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:53 PM

He guys I'm new here, but yes, I talked to a dealer and called GM and yes there are constraints and basically told me no V6 orders are being taken right now. They did not tell me why, just that they were not at the moment but to check back soon.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by ezlock83
I have read that there are constraints on the v6 camaro's right now. So I have ordered a 2lt silver ice rs apperance. I ordered from a smaller dealership and I was the first order that dealership took . so when is the best guess on what month i will receive my camaro?
I am in the exact same situation as you! I hope GM doesn't delay small town dealership orders, and assuming they don't I would guess you will get your car in May. That is what I am hoping for myself at least.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:02 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by jstein
He guys I'm new here, but yes, I talked to a dealer and called GM and yes there are constraints and basically told me no V6 orders are being taken right now. They did not tell me why, just that they were not at the moment but to check back soon.

Not true!

Put your order in!

We will look at Sold order V6s very closely -- just as we look at V8s in dealer orders........

The REAL question is: how many Camaros was the dealer allocated -- and how many 'sold' orders did he/she take?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Not true!

Put your order in!

We will look at Sold order V6s very closely -- just as we look at V8s in dealer orders........

The REAL question is: how many Camaros was the dealer allocated -- and how many 'sold' orders did he/she take?
The dealer told me they had 15 allocated. They have not told me that all of those have been filled though. I talked with the inventory manager but he keeps telling me he can't order it. It's a little frustrated because we have purchased 2 other vehicles from the dealer and now I am having trouble just ordering one. I questioned him on the ordering after I called GM, and let me correct myself, GM did reply saying the ordering hold was up to the dealer to control, but I still only can get the answer of "let me investigate". I look forward to this as this would be my first new car, but it is just frustrating, but once I can get everything figured out, I know in the end I will be so happy!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:28 AM

ordering a new car should not be this way.....
Old 02-28-2009, 10:04 AM

Well, it sounds like to me there are people at these dealers that literally do not
know what they are doing. Bottom line.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:13 AM

it should be a lot more simpler then this. you should be able to order what you want at any dealer and get it built in a timely fashion. you shouldn't have to worry if your dealer has that "allocation" or not...some people like to deal with certain dealers......
Old 02-28-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
it should be a lot more simpler then this. you should be able to order what you want at any dealer and get it built in a timely fashion. you shouldn't have to worry if your dealer has that "allocation" or not...some people like to deal with certain dealers......
Amen!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:25 AM

Just another example of GM's bureauocracy and convoluted business practices.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
I agree! Allocation is a joke and it is not fair at all. Someone could have put in an order on 10/13 and may not receive their car until the fall! That is just insane.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by HuJass
Just another example of GM's bureauocracy and convoluted business practices.
Dealer, NOT GM. Sounds like the dealer doesn't want to "waste" one of his allocated orders on a V6 which isn't as profitable as a V8.

This is why GM SHOULD be allowed to sell directly to the public.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by DvBoard
Dealer, NOT GM. Sounds like the dealer doesn't want to "waste" one of his allocated orders on a V6 which isn't as profitable as a V8.

This is why GM SHOULD be allowed to sell directly to the public.
I think the ordering system, practices, and procedures are all set up and run by GM.
And I'm sticking to my understanding that allocation is more specific than just the model. It's by actual equipment, content & option combination.
The dealer may not have allocation for a V-6 Camaro in the poster's configuration.
Or he's saving it for someone else and didn't want the poster to go to another dealer.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Not true!

Put your order in!

Hey Scott, thanks for responding. My dealership does not seem to want to put orders in the system with order workbench. If I can actually convince them to put them in now will they get the same considerations as orders that other dealerships have had in for quite some time? For whatever reason the dealership that I'm buying from doesn't place any orders this way. They only wait until allocations and constraints match up and then put the order in the system. From what I can tell, all of their Camaro pre-orders are stacks of paperwork.

I know you are going to say go to another dealer but that really isn't an option at this point. I'm invested. I'm first in line (although 2 SS orders have already passed me up(march allocation)) and I really don't want to think about jumping in behind a bunch of other orders. I'm a little worried that in consensus and constraint reports will come out Thursday and the V6 will still be constrained so they won't put my order in because they think it won't get pulled.

Help!