2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Transformers Poll: did your theater go nuts over the new camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kris93/95Z28
Yep, there was cheering and clapping by a good handful of people in the crowd.

Same here, even in my little coastal town!

The movie also got a lot of guys at work talking about the car too.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:48 PM

No response in my theater. I tried to clap & whistle but my brother & g/f told me to be quiet.
I'm a little upset there wasn't any response to the new Camaro.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:59 PM

Raleigh, NC. Theater erupted. Movie was SICK.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 AM

Just saw it tonight and a group of girls ended up sitting next to me. When the '09 Camaro pulled up and stopped the audience was definitely impressed you could just tell by the yeah's, whoa's and ahhh's I heard. But over all of that, the girl sitting next to me nearly had an orgasm in her seat. She said, "Oh my God! that's the new Camaro! That's so hot! Oh my God!" Her friends were nearly just as excited. It really blew me away, her reaction and the image of the '09 Camaro on celluloid. Fantastic scene.

After the movie ended, I over heard her tell one of her friends, "I just don't care, I have to have one of those cars."
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 AM

i had a good amount of claps.. not everyone. and abunch of "noise" throughout the theater... im going to see it again soon and im sure as hell going to clap... wonder how many people will join in

muhahah i cant wait to buy one, and i got teary eyed when i saw it and hearing the claps made it even better for me
Old 07-06-2007, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Klypto
i had a good amount of claps.. not everyone. and abunch of "noise" throughout the theater... im going to see it again soon and im sure as hell going to clap... wonder how many people will join in

muhahah i cant wait to buy one, and i got teary eyed when i saw it and hearing the claps made it even better for me
i might wat till 09 to sell the SS
Old 07-06-2007, 01:25 PM

There was a lot of noise, but I started to get loud and clap.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:27 PM

I spoke to an online friend who lives about an hour away from me. He mentioned that there was some reaction when the 5th Gen came out. Oohs and Aahs and such. So the reaction is varied in my general area.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:37 PM

The 2009 Camaro showing up got the biggest reaction of any scene in the movie - Dallas - 11:00am showing
Old 07-06-2007, 10:04 PM

Just saw it at 7:30pm. Heard everything from "tight!" to "sweet!" and a bunch of applause and "ooh"s.

The guy next to me in his very early 20s said "I am getting one of those". In a serious tone which was pretty cool. I gave him the url of the board at the end of the movie.

I had no plans on getting one or not getting one, I wanted to see what they were about when they come out. I am now planning on picking one up. The Silverado only has $6k left to be paid on it and then I will start saving for a down payment.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:14 AM

Yea the audience cheered and clapped for Optimus Prime then Bumblebees transformation into the '09 Camaro.

The movie made the Camaro, Solstice along with the GMC's and Hummers looked great and placed them in very nice optical positions to make them look the best. Saleen't cop car looked great too.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:56 AM

My screening on Tuesday night went nuts during that sequence. Lots of "damn that's smoking!" and "I've got to have one of those" when he appeared in 5th generation form.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:01 AM

The reaction from the crowd I was with was more of a shuffle and some comments about the car or " I want one" more than anything but still its something. I'm not really sure if the sceen had that much to do with it because there is the buzz still around the new car and it being such a drastic change in the looks of Bumble Bee. I loved the fact that another Mustang got thrashed by a Camaro.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:06 AM

Some Ganster white dude sat infront of me adn said Boo, mustangs forever, and really clapped when BARRICADE came in.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by ls1 hawkeye
The reaction from the crowd I was with was more of a shuffle and some comments about the car or " I want one" more than anything but still its something. I'm not really sure if the sceen had that much to do with it because there is the buzz still around the new car and it being such a drastic change in the looks of Bumble Bee. I loved the fact that another Mustang got thrashed by a Camaro.
That's a good point and it has been brought up a few times. I would say in some cases yes the change in Bumble Bee's auto appearance into anything new and modern would evoke some excitement but I don't think as much as it did for the new Camaro.

Not to mention from my experience I heard a lot of cheers specificly for the new Camaro. The car has quite a bit of exposure even before the movie and it was good to know that people knew what it was. No doubt that the car benefitted from a classic Hollywood build up and entrance.

Quick Reply: Transformers Poll: did your theater go nuts over the new camaro