2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day folks 3/16/2009

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 07:06 AM

20 was the number they wanted to make wasnt it?
Old 03-17-2009, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
20 was the number they wanted to make wasnt it?

Only 20? I thought that once they were full tilt, that one rolled off like every 60 seconds. SLACKERS.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:13 AM

Any pictures of production?

This is awesome, I want a RS with 6 speed auto in dark blue. I think this afternoon I'll go buy a lottery ticket and see if I can win some cash for one of these.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

yes the trunk is really as small as it looks in the pictures.
What are you basing this on? I'm assuming you saw it at an auto show or something.

Until you've tried to put luggage in there for a weekend trip, or eight bags of groceries from the supermarket, or whatever, any experience you could have had by now isn't sufficient to really answer my question.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
What are you basing this on? I'm assuming you saw it at an auto show or something.

Until you've tried to put luggage in there for a weekend trip, or eight bags of groceries from the supermarket, or whatever, any experience you could have had by now isn't sufficient to really answer my question.
Hey Mr. Moderator, read the next line he wrote :

the inside of it isnt as small as it looks but the opening is as small as it looks.
Having seen it for myself, I would agree with his statement. The trunk isn't bad, but the opening is. I can tell you that you will NOT get the same amount of "stuff" into the 5th-gen as you can with the 4th-gen. I don't even need to "try". If you want me to give you a list of things I've put in my 4th-gen all at one time, I can, but that's a little off-topic for this thread .
Old 03-17-2009, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by christianjax
Only 20? I thought that once they were full tilt, that one rolled off like every 60 seconds. SLACKERS.
their not "full tilt" yet. its only the first day.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:09 AM

i saw it at the cleveland auto show. the opening is very small. the inside of the trunk is decent size.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
Hey Mr. Moderator, read the next line he wrote
You missed my point. I've seen it too. I want to hear from someone who has experience using it!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:13 AM

Hey Mr. Moderator, read the next line he wrote :

Having seen it for myself, I would agree with his statement. The trunk isn't bad, but the opening is. I can tell you that you will NOT get the same amount of "stuff" into the 5th-gen as you can with the 4th-gen. I don't even need to "try". If you want me to give you a list of things I've put in my 4th-gen all at one time, I can, but that's a little off-topic for this thread .
isnt there a way they measure the opening of the trunk? something like, from the bottom of the trunk closing to the top of the opening? if thats how its measured, its not very wide at all. i just want to be able to fit 2 golf bags in there. i dont know how possible it is but i think alot of cars try to make at least that a priority. i know on the xlr, it shows you how to put 2 golf bags in the trunk. theres a certain way.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:14 AM

You missed my point. I've seen it too. I want to hear from someone who has experience using it!
never said i had experience using it. i just said i saw it and its a very small opening.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:42 AM

What point have I missed?! Are you trying to say "use it first before you judge it"?? I don't need to. Trust me. It's small. You've SEEN it too. Tell me if you think the following items will fit into the 5th-gen trunk at one time :

- 4 x 275/40/17 wheels/tires
- mid-size floor jack
- 2 x small jack stands
- 2 x tool kits (socket/rachet set, cordless impact)
- tent
- sleeping bag
- 2 x rolled up bubble mattresses
- duffle bag

... and I still could have brought a passenger with me .

I can tell you, that will be impossible with the 5th-gen .
Old 03-17-2009, 09:46 AM

their not "full tilt" yet. its only the first day.

They're STILL slackers.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

never said i had experience using it. i just said i saw it and its a very small opening.
Yes, but you acted as if that were an answer to my question, which it wasn't.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

What point have I missed?! Are you trying to say "use it first before you judge it"?? I don't need to. Trust me. It's small. You've SEEN it too.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the rear seat folds flat in the 5th gen. While you have to deal with a small rear opening (and believe me, I know full well the value of the huge opening on the 4th gens), I think you could get most if not all of the stuff you listed in a 5th gen, with the seat folded. It would just be a trickier to load it all.

The point you missed was that I want to talk about people's experiences with the 5th gen trunk, not their impressions based on a few minutes looking at it, plus whatever we can concoct with our imaginations. We've all seen it in pictures, and many of us have seen it in person. I don't think any of us have seen it with the rear seat folded. How big is the opening? Does it create a flat load floor?

I'm sure nobody's tried to take one for a weekend of racing, with a full set of tires and tools as well as camping gear. That's exactly the sort of experiences we'll be able to talk about now that the car is here, which was the topic we were discussing in the first place.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by hambone3441
Oct 13th.......
I ordered mine a month after you. Either the dealer isn't going to get many or they don't know how to check on yours.

Quick Reply: Today is the day folks 3/16/2009