2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Think its going to be a go?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 12:46 PM

Think its going to be a go?

From what Ive seen on this board and others, it seems most pepole have accepted the new camaro... sure there are some that may not like the design but the majority seem to love it..

GM should be more then happy with the response from the crowd to build this car..
Old 01-14-2006, 12:50 PM

Re: Think its going to be a go?

YES. I just got back form the auto show and I'll tell you all over Cobo people were talking about the Camaro. Way too much press, hype, and excitement to back down from making it now. Camaro itself wont make or break GM as we've been all over that subject, but if they cant bring it to market then GM may as well close the doors at the Ren Cen and not even bother anymore. This car could possibly be one of the best ever put into production after minor revision and a flawless launch. Its here, we want it, and we'll buy it. The car will be made. It has to be.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:53 PM

yeah it will be built
Old 01-14-2006, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010
yeah it will be built

read here SCOTTYBALLS:
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421996
Old 01-14-2006, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroBoy96Z28
YES. I just got back form the auto show and I'll tell you all over Cobo people were talking about the Camaro. Way too much press, hype, and excitement to back down from making it now. Camaro itself wont make or break GM as we've been all over that subject, but if they cant bring it to market then GM may as well close the doors at the Ren Cen and not even bother anymore. This car could possibly be one of the best ever put into production after minor revision and a flawless launch. Its here, we want it, and we'll buy it. The car will be made. It has to be.
Simply overhearing people on their cell phones talking about the car after introduction (we're talking press and car industry people, not the general public) saying things like "it's unbelievable", "it's pretty nasty looking", "it's going to sell if they get around to making it", I think GM would be in for a real drubbing from the press (and being swamped by competitors) if they don't make the car or drag ther feet on it.

I still suspect the car will be out quicker than we (even I) think.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:19 PM

Do you really think so??

I guess I've just gotten a bit pessimistic about the speed at which GM moves. If they could get it out faster than "we" think, then that could go a long way to restoring some faith.

Faith.............. boy, that word sure is used alot these days.......... when talking about GM. Interesting.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Disciple

After getting beat up pretty bad for taking 4 - 5 years to bring true concepts into the showroom, they now have another "concept", which IMO has been developed to build, that they will bring to market relatively quickly once they announce the decision to proceed, showcasing the "new" and "faster" GM.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:36 PM

I don't think it's a matter of "if" or "when". All that matters right now is how fast it gets here.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:24 PM

Yeah, I dont think they have a choice now if they did not it would look really bad on GM...
Old 01-14-2006, 09:42 PM

Anyone who was in Detroit last weekend and who doesn't think it's a "GO", was in a deep coma.

But I believe it would take some kind of miracle to be here in 24 months.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:49 PM

I personally hope that they take there time on this product and launch it in 09 but make the presence known earlier because the worst thing they could do would rush and screw it up continuing the stigma about Camaro quality and reliability. They should take their time, get it perfect, build up hype by letting people know its coming in advance.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:01 PM

They are going to take theor time and do this car perfect from jump street and as much as I would like to see a 40th anniversay model my fellings are you will see it in dealers in 08 as a 2009 model and come out about the time Callenger does maybe. On another note what changes from what you saw will be interior and smaller wheels to cut cost of buying tires., but most of the car will be just as you see it and it is far from retro or you have blinders on
Old 01-14-2006, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
Anyone who was in Detroit last weekend and who doesn't think it's a "GO", was in a deep coma.

But I believe it would take some kind of miracle to be here in 24 months.
If it means getting it right will take 24 months, Im for it. That will work out perfect for me because I will be a year removed from a car loan and have a hellacious down payment awaiting my new Camaro