2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test drive the Camaro 2SS or RS at the CNE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 08:10 PM

Thumbs up Test drive the Camaro 2SS or RS at the CNE!!!

Hi,

For all of you local (or near) Toronto, be advised that GM has a booth at the Canadian National Exhibition. (For you Americans, the CNE is a year national fair comparable to a large state fair...food, rides and attractions)

The booth is a test drive station where you can ... yes wait for it...TEST DRIVE A CAMARO SS!!!!! (On the street!)

I drove a yellow SS!!!! It had leather and most of the toys...wow what a ride.

The GM guy who was with me (all test drives are chaperoned) let me go WOT for a few seconds and I nearly had a heart attack.

Anyways if you get to the CNE, get there early (line ups got long in the afternoon) and go for a short spin...you fill out a short survey and they give you a $10 gas card and a bag with a gift too! (Also note...they are not a dealership...they are GM corporate marketing...no sales talk or pressure, they won't even talk money except for MSRP...they refer you to the website if you want more info...I liked this )

You can drive a 6 cylinder RS, V8 SS or a Corvette convertible...you have to first test drive one of several cars before you can line up for the Camaro though...they had the new Lacrosse (I drove it...very very sweet ride), Cadillac CTS, Escalade, Malibu(hybrid) Vibe and a few others.

My impressions (note this was a short 15 minute ride):

- I am a big guy, I am talking big (width wise, also 6 foot tall) and I was ENTIRELY comfortable in this car...thanks GM...the cockpit was the right balance of open yet all of the controls, and steering wheel were quite well placed and the seat was very comfortable...window height was perfect for leaning the arm out on...interior fit and finish was impressive...I don't get the "cheap" comments I read here...go figure

- I agree with the comments about the visibility, make sure you adjust your mirrors just right and do check your blind spots too

- For those who are complaining about the power...get a life...the V8 is quite simply amazing...the brakes are super sweet and the handling is incredible

Anyways, one more reason to go to the EX!