2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry for the new thread, but this one is for commercial ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Sorry for the new thread, but this one is for commercial ideas...

I don't have this all visualized yet, but I'm working on a play on the Cobalt / C6 commercial where the Cobalt keeps tagging the C6 in the back, and the C6 spins around to "yell" at it.

So you see a C6 at a stop sign. Something bumps it from behind, but there isn't enough space on the screen to see what it was. A couple more bumps.

The C6 spins around to yell at what the viewer assumes to be the Cobalt. The camera zooms out to show both cars. It's a 5th gen Z28.

This is where I'm not so sure what should happen. The C6 was expecting a Cobalt, and it found a Z28. How do we convey the surprise? Does the C6 recoil (reverse) in fear? Is there an ensuing race? Maybe the Z28 should pull around and zoom past the C6 as it spins around, so that it has a little head start (which allows the C6 to be the faster car while still looking good for the Z).

Who has an idea to finish this line?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:58 PM

How about the Z beeps twice, turns and runs, in a smokey white haze?
And the Vette just sits there, and we see little Question marks over the hood, like
Old 12-13-2005, 02:29 PM

I was just thinking... do you guys remember that Cobalt commercial with three of them playing with the ball to the tune of the "WOO WOO. WOO WOO WOO. WOO WOO. WOO WOO WOO. etc"??? Well at the end they all stopped at the base of a parking garage waiting for it to come out.

Well what if it shows the ball bouncing around the parking garage and it bumps into a car's fender or wheel(just a small bit of the car is seen).

The car starts with a ROAR! and the wheels swivel side to side(as if it was just woken up).

It pushes the ball down out of the parking garage where the 3 Cobalts are waiting, but they don't go for it hearing the deep rumble of the V8.

The Camaro rolls down the ramp after the ball, and pops it.

The Cobalts all run as if in fear.

The screen goes black, and you hear a SCREEEEEECH/RUMBLE! RUMBLE! with the lettering on the screen saying something along the lines of "It's finally coming out of hibernation" or something LOL
Old 12-13-2005, 06:55 PM

This is one I posted about a year ago in a thread that I can't find now. Luckily I saved a copy. Here we go ......

I'm thinking a steady shot from the drivers view through the windshield of an unknown car with a muscular black sloping hood, with an obvious raised cowl.

In the distance ahead you see two red cars at a stoplight that you instantly recognize as the C6 vette and the cobalt doing their cute little big brother commercial, with the Cobalt bumping the Vette, and the Vette twirling around to be nose to nose.

Suddenly, the black car fires up. A roaring throaty exhaust bellows from below, and the two red cars appear startled, as their rear tires break loose just enough to allow about a 3/4 turn pointing both in the direction of the black car.

After a short pause, the black car rolls forward slowly but noisily, but only about three feet. At that point, the Vette and cobalt roll backward slowly away from each other, then turn and drive away very slowly and cautiously in the opposite direction, as if one would when trying to walk away from a black panther that might be thinking of a meal.

The Cobalt whispers to the retreating Vette in a voice full of fear, "Who was that?" The Vette quietly replies, "That's the middle brother. He was locked away before you were born. He's back now, and he is NOT happy".

At that point the camera is instantly on the right rear wheel of the Camaro as the tires break loose screaming and smoking. The car does a 180 and tears out in the opposite direction revealing a muscular black shape that disappears in the distance, with the sound of shifting gears, and "Back in Black" by AC/DC playing loudly as it drives away.

A voice over adds .....

The 2008 Chevrolet Camaro ..... It's Angry...... Be Careful.

Whew! Would that be great or what? If the General is watching us, I think that could really get some attention. Who would have better advertising ideas than us, the faithful? Well????

Last edited by GenoB4C; 12-13-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:53 PM

Here's my commercials

This is filmed in the sixty's style slightly grainy look (maybe they even have footage from an old commercial) 4 young girls driving a 1st gen convertable along a winding highway (like the PCH) the 1st gen dissapears behind a hill, the scene changes to an HD image and the 5th gen comes over the hill with the same 4 girls (at least look alikes) except older, the tag line is
"Driving fun returns...... 200x Camaro"

This second one is animated (ala Unite Airlines ads)

First scene Dad and little kid walking by a chevy dealership, there's 1st gen in the showroom, the kid has his face pressed up against the glass, the dad pulls him away and the commercial goes on to show the kid growing up graduating college, getting a job, married, kids, etc. the kid now an adult, sees a 5th gen in a chevy showroom, goes in buys it, and drives out with it.
Tag line "Desire.........."

third one

All 4 gens of Z28s driving in a V formation in the desert, through the middle comes a 5th gen, just flying through the center, all five broadslide to a stop with the 5th gen center stage
tag line "40 years of performance experience, right here"
Old 12-14-2005, 05:16 AM

Why would Chevrolet need a marketing department when they've got us!

Last edited by GenoB4C; 12-14-2005 at 05:47 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:03 AM

The comercial starts out black and white at a drag strip in the 60's. A 69 Z/28-RS Camaro stages next to the Mustang, lights drop and the Camaro puts a couple car lengths on the Mustang. About the 1/8th mile the screen turns to color and both cars morph into their 2009 equivilants (sp?) with the Camaro getting though the lights before the Mustang. All the announcer says is "Forty years later and nothing has changed. Chevrolet Camaro - The American Revolution"
Old 12-27-2005, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
[b]1st Version is a play on the two boys in the 4th gen commercial that could tell what car was driving by. b]

Working in the garage under the hood of a 1st or 2nd gen (modding of course, not repairing) with many other gens of Camaros in the driveway / garage…posters on the wall, you know, real Camaro enthusiasts….talking about how there’s nothing cool to drive available anymore….(Mellencamp playing in the background…..Jack & Diane or Cherry Bomb would be cool)…they reminisce about how they used to be able to tell when a Camaro drove by (obvious tie-in to the original commercial)

A recent Mustang GT drives by and they look at each other and describe what year, car & engine it is…the same when a 350Z drives by (actual cars are not that important, but should be ‘cool’ cars with one domestic and one import)

They go back to their work when the sound of a V8 is heard…..it gets louder and then the two guys stop what their doing, one drops a tools and they say at the same time.

“IT’S BACK!!!”

fade to black. announcer says "Mustang... Move over. The king of the road is back. Long live the king."
Edited it to how id like to see it
Old 12-27-2005, 07:57 PM

heres an old idea i had that i still kinda like:
you have a clip of a first (or fourth gen) set up for a street race with a mustang that would go with the right generation camaro (first gen camaro vs first gen mustang, etc) . There is no music, but maybe a heartbeat in the background or something then u see them race and the mustang gets OWNED. then it fades to black and u hear "Fortune, fame
Mirror vain
Gone insane
But the memory remains"
and it cuts to a 5th gen stomping all over a new mustang
Then after that verse, there is a narroator saying "The Camaro is back, and its hungry." or something like that

and a really old idea:
here is my idea: Its one long cinematic commercial cut into parts, but at the official unveiling the whole thing will be put together as one total is 3 minutes

The first part, 45 seconds, 1.5 months before unveiling:
You see a black 2002 SS at a local street racing scene. It shows a few high adrenaline races and then the cops come. And everyone scatters, and the cops get everyone except the SS bc it was too fast. You see the SS racing through the streets. Then ending part (Fade to black. Fade to a slightly modernized Camaro emblem with no music.)

Second part, 45 seconds, 1 month before unveiling:
You see the black SS again. It is racing in the streets (continuing from part 1) and ends up at a house and backs into the garage. It is pitch black outside, and you can basically only see the headlights. The headlights and engine turn off at the same time. Fade to black. Then you hear a slow heart beat in the background and a narrator says, "After 35 years of stomping the competition, on August 27th, the Camaro took a little rest." And you see the SS dream, and the dream consists of ricers saying typical ricer bs excuses or bagging on Camaros (maybe) And the heartbeat gradually increases, as if the SS is getting pissed off. Cut to narrator again, "After a long rest, the Camaro is back and is pissed off." Cut scene to camera going across the back of a bright red 5th gen Camaro for a brief second in the same garage. This will give the viewer just enough time to read "Camaro" on the back. With the sound of a very loud bad *** sounding engine, almost screaming as the camaera pans the back of the car. Cut to ending part (read end of part 1)

Third part, 15 seconds, .5 monts before unveiling:
You see the end of part two again (to link the two together) then you take the view of a side mounted camera showing the front wheel/fender and the Camaro is driving out of the garage. Then from a distance away on the street (so you cant see details of the car) Then you see the new Camaro peeling out and fishtailing out of the driveway and goes away from the camera on the street hauling ***. During this, you see as the Camaro leaving same house as before. Fade to black, Narrator says, "Watch out, it just woke up and is very hungry." Fade to ending scene

Fourth part, 1 minute, a few days after the unveiling:
You see from a different, much closer angle of the same ending scene as the third part. meanwhile you hear metallicas frantic starts playing in the background:
If I could have my wasted days back
Would I use them to get back on track?
Stop to warm at karmas burning
Or look ahead, but keep on turning?
Then your ahead of the Camaro looking back at it and hear: Do I have the strength
To know how I'll go?
Then it uses computer effects to go through the front and u see the engine and the cylinders firing (GTA3 intro style) and at the bottom of the screen it says SS: 400 hp N/A V8 (if the SS was top, replace with Z28 if Z28 is top) while you hear:
Can I find it inside
To deal with what I shouldn't know?
Then at the end of those lines you see it go back out of the Camaro this time from the back and shows the tailights (bc it will never see taillights so thats what it shouldnt know)
SKip a little in the song to these lines:
Keep searching, keep on searching
This search goes on, this search goes on
Meannwhile u see the Camaro driving around searching for a fight (race) and when it finds one (new mustang) and they get lined up they go. then you see crazy angles in the in a frantic mode changing views fast and what not and showing the Camaro stomping the mustang while you hear:
Frantic tick tick tick tick tick tick tock
Frantic tick tick tick tick tick tick tock

End
Old 12-27-2005, 11:23 PM

I liked one I read a while back about someone is taking spy photos of the 2009 camaro and this photographer could either be from shelby or srt, and they only show like the wheel, or the quarter panel at a GM testing ground--i.e. not definative photos. The guy runs and gets in his car and drives away. Cut to him pulling up to his headquarters--show shelby or srt logo on the building(the original commercial used SVT, but i think they're non-existant now). The guy sprints in, cut to him rushing into a meeting and saying, "Sorry sir, but you're not gonna believe this" He then shows his "boss" the pics, and they cut to the boss's face, then he says, "Oh God, it's back..." with an extreme look of dismay. Black screen. The words, "The all new 2009 Camaro" then "That's right, it's back" cut to black screen with a silhouette of black 2009 Camaro.

edit: the 20 seconds one just sitting still is INSANE!
Old 12-28-2005, 12:38 AM

I remember that one! that was an awesome idea
Old 12-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Disciple

Originally Posted by Z284ever
You know, I think we need a Steve McQueen equivalent for our car.

What, the Fbodfather isn't enough?

Originally Posted by OctaneZ28
Lots of good ideas here, personally I really like Doug's ideas.

How about starting a commercial off with a replay of Pete Estes lighting the Camaro dynamite? Or re-enacting the event?
How about a modern day reinactment of the volcano commercial?

Originally Posted by FactoryZ
Here's one idea for a commercial I've had floating around in the old nogging:

Start out with a first gen camaro, parked along a nice empty highway. It takes off screaching with the camera panning around it. As it rips into the next shift, the 1st gen morphs into a 2nd gen, shifts again and morphs into a 3rd gen, shifts again and morph into a 4th, then the final shift and it morphs into the 5th. The background and music could also change with each shift, remaining consistent with each era. Ending with a cool tagline.
I've had a similar vision floating around in my head, too. With the addition of an adaptation of the Beach Boys version of the song, "Little Honda" (I know ) to coincide with each gear/generation change.

First gear, it's alright.
Second gear, I lean right.
Third gear, hang on tight.
(etc.....)
Faster, it's alright.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:28 AM

I posted this in the other topic about the Camaro's image so I'll just copy it here...

In all honesty I can't say that I remember many advertisements promoting the Camaro via television commercials and that is also upsetting. I believe that's one thing GM should have done with the 4th gen cars on a regular basis. I remember seeing the stoplight Trans Am commercial and it would be hard to top a commercial like that but it was on the right track.

What I would like to see, and this is just my .02, is a commercial that covers the Camaro's history from 1st through 4th gen and then sneak in some cocky way of saying "it's back." After reading some of the other posts in this section it seems to be a popular trend.

I wish I still had a copy of it but maybe someone else remembers the post. Back in 2002 a fellow by the name of Neal wrote a page long "goodbye" of sorts to the Camaro. I think the original post was found on CamaroZ28.com and if someone still has a copy of it please post it in here ... I know it ended up framed on many an office wall, LOL. At any rate. Neal started out by explaining how he felt the first time he saw a 1967 Camaro coming out of a parking lot in a power-slide and went on to explain how he felt sitting in his 4th Gen some 30 years later. Long story short, the post literally made this 32 yr old cry and If GM could bottle that kind of passion and use it in thier advertisements, they'd be golden!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:42 AM

Starts with the sound of two rockers on an old wood porch. Fade in two men talking about their glory days in racing. With vintage clips from each as they speak. Pan out to see an old route 66 gas station with Grumpy Jenkins (historic drag racer) and David Hobbs (83 trans-am champion) sitting in the rockers as a new Camaro rolls up to the pumps. The motor revs and shuts down as a sexy woman climbs from the car and begins to pump gas (the camera following the woman around the car showing styling). While the gas is pumping she's checking on her child in the car (showing the interior of the car). She replaces the nozzle climbs in fires up the killer V8 and pulls away. Close up of the two on the porch looking at each other when Grumpy says think I might get back into driving and David says me too.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by indy5turbopace
Starts with the sound of two rockers on an old wood porch. Fade in two men talking about their glory days in racing. With vintage clips from each as they speak. Pan out to see an old route 66 gas station with Grumpy Jenkins (historic drag racer) and David Hobbs (83 trans-am champion) sitting in the rockers as a new Camaro rolls up to the pumps. The motor revs and shuts down as a sexy woman climbs from the car and begins to pump gas (the camera following the woman around the car showing styling). While the gas is pumping she's checking on her child in the car (showing the interior of the car). She replaces the nozzle climbs in fires up the killer V8 and pulls away. Close up of the two on the porch looking at each other when Grumpy says think I might get back into driving and David says me too.
That's not bad.