2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Sorry for the new thread, but this one is for commercial ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 02:00 AM

Re: Sorry for the new thread, but this one is for commercial ideas...

All great ideas guys, but I only have one real request for GM……

Just ADVERTISE it!

None of this 4th gen BS where the Camaro got $9 total to advertise with.

When this thing launches I don’t want to be able to turn the TV on without seeing a Camaro commercial for at least two months.

Throw some money around and let your marketing guys/ advertising guys go to town!

PLEASE!!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:29 AM

I've got an idea for a "WTF?!" commercial for the car.

The camera has a close up of a five-spoke rim mounted on a car alongside the street (dark, shiny black), the centercap engraved with a Chevy bowtie (the camera never moves until the end). Footsteps can be heard walking up to the car, and then the sound of a door opening and closing. All of a sudden, the V8 roars to life, is revved once, and the car drives away as "Back in Black" by AC/DC plays. As the car speeds away, we get a good shot at the rear of the car.

Announcer: "Who says it's a good thing to ride off into the sunset?"

The screen fades to a shot of the red bowtie on a black background, with the white text below it:
"200? Z/28
The Legend Returns"

Personally, I think "Back in Black" needs to be the theme for the new Camaro.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:19 AM

I think Back In Black is a little too overplayed. Indeed it is a good song, but has been on many other commercials before.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:32 AM

The only other commercial I've heard it on is for the Motorola V3 RAZR. Besides, the part that's being played in the tight time frame(intro and 1st verse) fits the car.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Disciple

Lots of good ideas here, personally I really like Doug's ideas.

How about starting a commercial off with a replay of Pete Estes lighting the Camaro dynamite? Or re-enacting the event?

Old 12-12-2005, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Reineke
This isn't my idea, I got it from GMI or C&G...it gave me chills. I tried to find it, but couldn't. The gist was the Cobalt SS Supercharged and the C6 Corvette were playing with the ball (we've all seen those commercials...) when the ball goes down a dark alley. The lights come on and a very nice V8 sound is heard... The Cobalt (being the lil' bro) asked the older Corvette what that was and it explains that it is the Camaro...it's been gone for a while, but now it's back and it is meaner than ever...

Anyway, let's hope that looks are a good selling feature and won't NEED a commercial to start with.

I LOVE that idea!! But the music at the end- Aerosmith "Back in the Saddle"
Old 12-12-2005, 03:07 PM

That ball idea you had Reineke is awesome!

Just to elaborate a bit on it...

Starts out with the about 3 Cobalts playing around much like in the original commercial, then one of them hits it so they gotta get to it get it a block or two away.

It ended up going down a dark alley... the ball is shown but is barely visible(in the shadows but still able to be seen). The Cobalts are driving towards it slowly, then two headlights come on from the alley.

The Cobalts stop, as in a cautionary measurement.

The car in the alley turns on with a loud rev... the Cobalt lurches back in reverse(like flinching).

The "mystery car" drives forward at a slow but menacing pace.

Stops right in front of the ball(so now about the front 1/3 of it is visible).

Then the screen flashes to a few highlights like the wheels, front end, and a Z28 badge.

Then he throws another rev making the entire car rock sideways and the ball pops

The Cobalts take off

Then the Camaro takes off like a bat out of hell to chase down the Cobalts.

End it with something like "200? Chevrolet Camaro. Not even Chuck Norris is a match for it"
Old 12-12-2005, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
You know, I think we need a Steve McQueen equivalent for our car.
How about Henricy racing around some track in the desert, maybe a red desert? Mustang in a corn field and Camaro in the desert?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:12 PM

Hows this for a 30 second spot...

wet road..shinning with a black 2009 Camaro sitting on the pavement..with just that..for 20 seconds..then the screen goes black and you have them say..THE 2009 Camaro thought you would like to know what it looked like standing still....
Old 12-12-2005, 09:22 PM

hang on............i forgot about those Cobalt commercials.......hmmmmmmmmmmm.................... .......

remember the last one when they hit the ball on the roof and it rolled down the ramp after they all left????????????

pick up where that one left off and have a Camaro Z/28 roll up the street and go right up to the ball.......give the engine a couple of revs.........and then have a Vette Z06 come into screen and go right up to the other side of the ball and give a quick rev..........then the announcer says, "Sibling rivalry at it's finest."
Old 12-12-2005, 09:54 PM

Here's one idea for a commercial I've had floating around in the old nogging:

Start out with a first gen camaro, parked along a nice empty highway. It takes off screaching with the camera panning around it. As it rips into the next shift, the 1st gen morphs into a 2nd gen, shifts again and morphs into a 3rd gen, shifts again and morph into a 4th, then the final shift and it morphs into the 5th. The background and music could also change with each shift, remaining consistent with each era. Ending with a cool tagline.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by FactoryZ
Here's one idea for a commercial I've had floating around in the old nogging:

Start out with a first gen camaro, parked along a nice empty highway. It takes off screaching with the camera panning around it. As it rips into the next shift, the 1st gen morphs into a 2nd gen, shifts again and morphs into a 3rd gen, shifts again and morph into a 4th, then the final shift and it morphs into the 5th. The background and music could also change with each shift, remaining consistent with each era. Ending with a cool tagline.

But between 4th & 5th gear it has to die for a second or so............................sorry, I just had to...
Old 12-13-2005, 05:14 AM

he he he Doug
Old 12-13-2005, 08:40 AM

What about the commercial where the Cobalt SS bumps the rear of the C6 Vette. Only this time have the Cobalt do the exact same thing, bumps the C6 three times...but instead of the Vette doing a 180* burnout...have the F5 bump the Cobalt, and roar, then light up the rear tires.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Prominent Member

I always thought the Cobalt comercials were too "cute".....especially if they're incorporated into Camaro comercials....

Quick Reply: Sorry for the new thread, but this one is for commercial ideas...