2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry for the new thread, but this one is for commercial ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Prominent Member

Lightbulb Sorry for the new thread, but this one is for commercial ideas...

Doug’s 5th gen Camaro commercial ideas….(sorry for he obvious amateur attempt)

1st Version is a play on the two boys in the 4th gen commercial that could tell what car was driving by. (60 sec spot)

Working in the garage under the hood of a 1st or 2nd gen (modding of course, not repairing) with many other gens of Camaros in the driveway / garage…posters on the wall, you know, real Camaro enthusiasts….talking about how there’s nothing cool to drive available anymore….(Mellencamp playing in the background…..Jack & Diane or Cherry Bomb would be cool)…they reminisce about how they used to be able to tell when a Camaro drove by (obvious tie-in to the original commercial)

A recent Mustang GT drives by and they look at each other and describe what year, car & engine it is…the same when a 350Z drives by (actual cars are not that important, but should be ‘cool’ cars with one domestic and one import)

They go back to their work when the sound of a V8 is heard…..it gets louder and then the two guys stop what their doing, one drops a tools and they say at the same time.

“IT’S BACK!!!”

Suddenly, the NEW CAMARO turns into the drive (in slow-mo of course) and the guys assembled walk around (as does the camera) and they give it the once over.The camera catches the highlights, i.e. wheels exhaust tips, spoilers, etc…and end up on the emblem (Z/28 of course).the car is idling all this time (maybe a rev or two), providing the background music of good old American V8 muscle. The background visuals of course, are the other Camaros in the driveway. (Mellencamp’s R.O.C.K. in the USA would be the background music….loudest as the car enters the drive and fades for effect as the visuals should be the focus)

The end shot is of the obligatory hot blonde exiting the car…(subliminal message of being “female friendly”)….

Voice over announcing the 200? Camaro Z/28….”A Return to Domination”….

Impact spot….(30 sec)

Scene is of a night time shot at a local hangout…various cool cars are present (with an obvious number of various gen Camaros present…it is a Chevrolet spot after all) …when the sound of a healthy V8 (again) interrupts the scene…the sound of Metallica’s “Enter Sandman” starts to build….the music grows louder (along with the sound of the engine) until the NEW CAMARO (black of course) turns into the cruise spot (slow-mo camera)… the people assembled walk around (as does the camera) and they give it the once over. the camera catches the highlights, i.e. wheels exhaust tips, spoilers, etc…and end up on the emblem (Z/28 of course). The music has built to a louder level…with obvious emphasis’ on certain lines like “enter night, etc…”

Action spot…60 sec.

Long range helicopter camera shot over Highway One in California….(or similar scenic winding road)…..the camera catches the NEW CAMARO driving briskly….the sound of the V8 grows (shifting gears should also be heard) as the camera slowly zooms in as the car, showing obvious great handling car.…very visual scenes.

Voice over should announce the NEW CAMARO with mention of is great attributes as a great handling car, V8 power, six speed, etc….as the shot follows the car and continues a slow zoom in…..

The final shot is the Camaro pulling into the driveway (of the homeowner) and after a quick “glamour shot” of the car, a woman exits the car and opens the trunk / hatch to retrieve a few bags of groceries & / or shopping bags…while the voice over announces that the car is also practical…running down the “safety / convenience” options like NAV., traction / stability control, trunk room etc….

The obvious emphasis of this spot is that the car is a great driver’s car and yet, is still a practical one too.

Voice over…”The NEW CAMARO… (I still need a hook line to cover the spot theme)

Last edited by Doug Harden; 12-11-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Prominent Member

Re: Sorry for the new thread, but this one is for commercial ideas...

BTW, I really liked Brandon Lutz's horse pasture one too..
Old 12-11-2005, 09:18 PM

Blah I wish you made this before I posted in the music thread lol...

I'll just copy and paste it here (with a few changes though) since it is basically a commercial.

-----------

The screen is completely black, then a garage door opens(the camera is in the dark garage, so it is now a silhouette of the rear of the car). It is started up... revved once( ) then peels out of there... leaving a cloud of smoke.

Now is when the music cues. I'm thinking of Hammerfall's "Stronger than All". It starts out quick to get to the action of the video(read: the entire thing) and you can actually tell what they are saying.

After the entire screen is covered in smoke from the burnout, or if they don't want the whole screen smoked, then when the car is out of view...

It cuts to some crazy driving around city streets, like swerving around corners and burnouts all the way through at least second, hopefully third gear across entire city blocks, driving around.

Then the car comes to a stop at a red light. You can see the driver's silhouette through the glass, and can make out that he is looking around. Then all of a sudden a cop car comes from one of the sides... so the Camaro takes off going the same way as the cop, but the cop never gets close

He takes a turn and loses the cop and comes to a red light.

Now is about the time of the song that there is a short guitar solo... This is when there is a very fast flipping of scenes from hitting the clutch to shifting to gripping the wheel to the driver nailing the gas to the speedometer going up from 0 to say 150mph.

Then when the singing resumes, there are scenes of the Camaro ripping apart Mustangs and Challengers/Chargers/whatever imports...

Then at the very end of song, then Chuck Norris steps out!

---------------

J/k about Chuck Norris But whoever gets out should be an important figure in Camaro history... Like how Steve McQueen is affilliated with the Mustang.

Did Dick Harrel(Mr. Chevrolet) ever have any children who would be alive to do this?

edit: since this would probably be a few minutes long... maybe break it up into 2-3 parts and debut it during the superbowl... sorta like when the Budweiser Frogs were still alive?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:25 PM

great ideas Doug.......i got one............

no words, no type. just have a new Mustang sitting at a light,the guy behind the wheel hears the rumble of a V8 and starts looking around. 09 camaro pulls up next to him, and the camera starts getting all the important shots(wheels, Z/28 badges, hood, grill, rear). then show the light turn green and the Camaro pull away with an oh so sweet exhaust tone. flash back to the guy in the Mustang who is still staring ahead of him as the car gets further and further away. then slowly fade in the sound of horns honking from behind the Mustang and have the driver of the Stang give a quick head shake and start pulling away from the light. fade the screen to black have "Guess who's back" displayed in white letters which fade into a RED bowtie. the end

how's that?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Prominent Member

I apologize for missing the "Advertising" thread when I started this one....
Old 12-11-2005, 10:06 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by flatlander757
Blah I wish you made this before I posted in the music thread lol...

I'll just copy and paste it here (with a few changes though) since it is basically a commercial.

-----------

The screen is completely black, then a garage door opens(the camera is in the dark garage, so it is now a silhouette of the rear of the car). It is started up... revved once( ) then peels out of there... leaving a cloud of smoke.

Now is when the music cues. I'm thinking of Hammerfall's "Stronger than All". It starts out quick to get to the action of the video(read: the entire thing) and you can actually tell what they are saying.

After the entire screen is covered in smoke from the burnout, or if they don't want the whole screen smoked, then when the car is out of view...

It cuts to some crazy driving around city streets, like swerving around corners and burnouts all the way through at least second, hopefully third gear across entire city blocks, driving around.

Then the car comes to a stop at a red light. You can see the driver's silhouette through the glass, and can make out that he is looking around. Then all of a sudden a cop car comes from one of the sides... so the Camaro takes off going the same way as the cop, but the cop never gets close

He takes a turn and loses the cop and comes to a red light.

Now is about the time of the song that there is a short guitar solo... This is when there is a very fast flipping of scenes from hitting the clutch to shifting to gripping the wheel to the driver nailing the gas to the speedometer going up from 0 to say 150mph.

Then when the singing resumes, there are scenes of the Camaro ripping apart Mustangs and Challengers/Chargers/whatever imports...

Then at the very end of song, then Chuck Norris steps out!

---------------

J/k about Chuck Norris But whoever gets out should be an important figure in Camaro history... Like how Steve McQueen is affilliated with the Mustang.

Did Dick Harrel(Mr. Chevrolet) ever have any children who would be alive to do this?

edit: since this would probably be a few minutes long... maybe break it up into 2-3 parts and debut it during the superbowl... sorta like when the Budweiser Frogs were still alive?

HEEHEEHEE! That oughta take the entire Legal Department out in one massive coronary!

I can hear the do-gooders now.

(remember the C6 announcement commercial???)

We live in a very litigious and politically correct society..........
Old 12-11-2005, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by flatlander757
You know, I think we need a Steve McQueen equivalent for our car.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:22 PM

A new black Camaro pulls up to an old white dart at a stoplight. The two goofs from the Dodge commercials look over and stare wide-eyed at it. The big guy in the dart puts down his candy bar, sticks his head out the window and says "Hey...that thing got a Hemi?".

Just then some Norwegian Death Metal fades in and the Camaro and Dart start revving their engines. The light goes green and the Dart takes off. The Camaro is just sitting there doing a big smoky burnout. The Death Metal is pounding now. The Camaro takes off and flys by the Dart. The Camaro driver side-slides to a stop in thr middle of the street. Just then a bunch of bikini clad hookers come off the street corner and start rubbing the Camaro all over. Slow Mo....The driver opens the door and steps out of the car. The shot starts from the his black cowboy boots, up to his skin tight jeans, his hairy chest covered by a black leather vest, goatee, dark aviators and black hair. He starts walking towards the Dart and the two guys who are in utter amazement now. The Camaro driver walks up to the window, bends down, takes off his sunglasses and says "CAMARO, **** YEAH!!!".

and.........fade.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Red Planet
HEEHEEHEE! That oughta take the entire Legal Department out in one massive coronary!

I can hear the do-gooders now.

(remember the C6 announcement commercial???)

We live in a very litigious and politically correct society..........

what about the "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday" advertising style Red?
Old 12-11-2005, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by turbo96z28
what about the "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday" advertising style Red?
The mentality from the 1960's?

Pass the coke then, lol.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:04 PM

Here's my take on a commercial (60 seconds):

A man in his late 20's is walking around a small town minding his own business and turns a corner. There he looks and sees something that catches his eyes but can't make it out completely. In awe he walks over to the car parked on the side of the road. It's bright red and stands out in such a bold fashion that the other cars parked seem to blend into the concrete as though they were a part of the sidewalk.

He approaches the said car and looks at the rear of it and mumbles to himself the badge on the back "Z28...". He reaches out to touch it along its drivers side rear fender. Gently he touches it with a sense of caution but curiosity at the same time, like he is petting a tiger. The first touch is electric. A quick montage flashes and in the same shot the scene changes with an electric sound signifying the change. Instead now he is touching a bright red 1969 Z/28. The montage continues with him fantisizing he is in the 69 in a desert flogging the car around listening to its sweet exhaust tone. He pulls his hand away in a gasp and breathes heavily. Cautiously, he caresses it again, instead now the montage continues as quickly the scene flashes with him driving with an ear to ear grim in the same salt flat previously. Instead though, each half - one second shot of the montage cycles him through other generations of Camaro including red second gen Z/28, an IROC-Z, and an LS1 4th gen SS.

He touches longer and pulls away. With a huge grin on his face and a look of derermination he grabs it one last time and this time he is in the 5th gen the entire time driving it in the flats. The pace of the montage is breath taking with its video of the badge, the cockpit, the 6-speed, the LS2, and all exterior shots of the 5th gen. The montage ends and he is driving the car now in that town. The announcer comes on and declares the car as the 2008/2009 Camaro Z28. The scene flashes back to him sitting at a stop light and next to him pulls up a new Mustang GT. The electric scene cuts again but from the same camera perspective he is now sitting in a 1969 Z/28 and likewise he glimpses over and sees the GT has also turned into a 69 Mustang too. After this bried glimpse, the screen shakes sum and he is sitting back in his new Z28 with a huge grin.

The screen turns black with text on it: "It's back." there is a pause and the words "Camaro Z28" appear below the previous text.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:25 PM

I still like the idea of not showing a clear shot of the car at all. Just smokey glimpses, maybe tail-light shots, headligh shots, some high speed bumper-cam footage, and maybe a rear-view mirror clip of pulling away from something. Those who know the looks WILL get it...
And maybe play some of Def Leppard's, Rock of Ages...(chevy rock theme, blended with a timeless nameplate..)(Rock...of Ages)

Lyrics:

All right
I got somethin' to say
Yeah, it's better to burn out
Yeah, than fade away
All right
Owwwwww
Gonna start a fire
C'mon!

Rise up! Gather round
Rock this place to the ground
Burn it up, let's go for broke
Watch the night go up in smoke
Rock on! Rock on!
Drive me crazier, no serenede
No fire brigade, just Pyromania (c'mon)

What do you want? What do you want?
I want rock'n'roll, yes I do
Long live rock'n'roll
Oh let's go, let's strike a light
We're gonna blow like dynamite
I don't care if it takes all night
Gonna set this town alight

I wan't rock'n'roll, alright!
Long live rock'n'roll

Rock of ages, rock of ages
Still rollin', keep a-rollin'
Rock of ages, rock of ages
Still rollin', rock'n'rollin'
We got the power, got the glory
Just say you need it and if you need it
Say yeah!
Heh heh heh heh
Now listen to me

I'm burnin', burnin', I got the fever
I know for sure, there ain't no cure
So feel it, don't fight it, go with the flow
Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme one more for the road

I want rock'n'roll, You betcha
Long live rock'n'roll

Repeat chorus

We're gonna burn this damn place down
Down to the ground
Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh
Old 12-12-2005, 01:07 AM

Sorry, but Doug's got it nailed- post #1.

Allen
Old 12-12-2005, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Doug’s 5th gen Camaro commercial ideas….(sorry for he obvious amateur attempt)

1st Version is a play on the two boys in the 4th gen commercial that could tell what car was driving by. (60 sec spot)

Working in the garage under the hood of a 1st or 2nd gen (modding of course, not repairing) with many other gens of Camaros in the driveway / garage…posters on the wall, you know, real Camaro enthusiasts….talking about how there’s nothing cool to drive available anymore….(Mellencamp playing in the background…..Jack & Diane or Cherry Bomb would be cool)…they reminisce about how they used to be able to tell when a Camaro drove by (obvious tie-in to the original commercial)

A recent Mustang GT drives by and they look at each other and describe what year, car & engine it is…the same when a 350Z drives by (actual cars are not that important, but should be ‘cool’ cars with one domestic and one import)

They go back to their work when the sound of a V8 is heard…..it gets louder and then the two guys stop what their doing, one drops a tools and they say at the same time.

“IT’S BACK!!!”

Suddenly, the NEW CAMARO turns into the drive (in slow-mo of course) and the guys assembled walk around (as does the camera) and they give it the once over.The camera catches the highlights, i.e. wheels exhaust tips, spoilers, etc…and end up on the emblem (Z/28 of course).the car is idling all this time (maybe a rev or two), providing the background music of good old American V8 muscle. The background visuals of course, are the other Camaros in the driveway. (Mellencamp’s R.O.C.K. in the USA would be the background music….loudest as the car enters the drive and fades for effect as the visuals should be the focus)

The end shot is of the obligatory hot blonde exiting the car…(subliminal message of being “female friendly”)….

Impact spot….(30 sec)

Scene is of a night time shot at a local hangout…various cool cars are present (with an obvious number of various gen Camaros present…it is a Chevrolet spot after all) …when the sound of a healthy V8 (again) interrupts the scene…the sound of Metallica’s “Enter Sandman” starts to build….the music grows louder (along with the sound of the engine) until the NEW CAMARO (black of course) turns into the cruise spot (slow-mo camera)… the people assembled walk around (as does the camera) and they give it the once over. the camera catches the highlights, i.e. wheels exhaust tips, spoilers, etc…and end up on the emblem (Z/28 of course). The music has built to a louder level…with obvious emphasis’ on certain lines like “enter night, etc…”

Action spot…60 sec.

Long range helicopter camera shot over Highway One in California….(or similar scenic winding road)…..the camera catches the NEW CAMARO driving briskly….the sound of the V8 grows (shifting gears should also be heard) as the camera slowly zooms in as the car, showing obvious great handling car.…very visual scenes.

Voice over should announce the NEW CAMARO with mention of is great attributes as a great handling car, V8 power, six speed, etc….as the shot follows the car and continues a slow zoom in…..

The final shot is the Camaro pulling into the driveway (of the homeowner) and after a quick “glamour shot” of the car, a woman exits the car and opens the trunk / hatch to retrieve a few bags of groceries & / or shopping bags…while the voice over announces that the car is also practical…running down the “safety / convenience” options like NAV., traction / stability control, trunk room etc….

The obvious emphasis of this spot is that the car is a great driver’s car and yet, is still a practical one too.

Voice over…”The NEW CAMARO… (I still need a hook line to cover the spot theme)
The first spot you describe, sounds like it would be an AWESOME commercial, like the best commercial ever for a car...

And as far as Camaro not having a Steve McQueen like figure, lol, prolly the closest we got is Burt Reynolds, cuz hey, at least he drove an F-Body..haha
Old 12-12-2005, 01:57 AM

This isn't my idea, I got it from GMI or C&G...it gave me chills. I tried to find it, but couldn't. The gist was the Cobalt SS Supercharged and the C6 Corvette were playing with the ball (we've all seen those commercials...) when the ball goes down a dark alley. The lights come on and a very nice V8 sound is heard... The Cobalt (being the lil' bro) asked the older Corvette what that was and it explains that it is the Camaro...it's been gone for a while, but now it's back and it is meaner than ever...

Anyway, let's hope that looks are a good selling feature and won't NEED a commercial to start with.

Quick Reply: Sorry for the new thread, but this one is for commercial ideas...