2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Some thoughts on the pictures........

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 02:18 PM

Re: Some thoughts on the pictures........

GM needs to focus more on internal security so that they less frequently have to waste time and money on damage control after the leak.

Ya know... if Britney Spears doesn't make sure her blinds are closed while she's getting it on, she's made a big mistake because she might just get her picure taken and spread everywhere. That's how the paparazzi works... that's what "news" is... stuff nobody knew or had seen before spreading its way throughout the free and/or controlled media.

While it was wrong for the guy to take the picture, Britney shaking her finger at the entire world telling them they're "bad" for spreading the pic around the net and trying to sue them all is even more futile than the RIAA's campaign trying to stop the entire world from downloading MP3s.

Except in Britney's hypothetical case and GM's real case (for the Nth time this year alone) all they had to do was a little preventative security beforehand - keep the blinds shut, allow all pics and drawings of the car to not leave a certain area and no camera phones or anything of that nature past a certain point. Security chechpoint. Period.

Stopping media distribution on the 'net is almost impossible. Slowing it down is possible but that only generates MORE hype in the end.

What I'm getting at here is I'm tired of GM leaking stuff and then threatening everyone with lawsuits because of their leak and the nature of free media taking its course after that.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Threxx
GM needs to focus more on internal security so that they less frequently have to waste time and money on damage control after the leak.

Ya know... if Britney Spears doesn't make sure her blinds are closed while she's getting it on, she's made a big mistake because she might just get her picure taken and spread everywhere. That's how the paparazzi works... that's what "news" is... stuff nobody knew or had seen before spreading its way throughout the free and/or controlled media.

While it was wrong for the guy to take the picture, Britney shaking her finger at the entire world telling them they're "bad" for spreading the pic around the net and trying to sue them all is even more futile than the RIAA's campaign trying to stop the entire world from downloading MP3s.

Except in Britney's hypothetical case and GM's real case (for the Nth time this year alone) all they had to do was a little preventative security beforehand - keep the blinds shut, allow all pics and drawings of the car to not leave a certain area and no camera phones or anything of that nature past a certain point. Security chechpoint. Period.

Stopping media distribution on the 'net is almost impossible. Slowing it down is possible but that only generates MORE hype in the end.

What I'm getting at here is I'm tired of GM leaking stuff and then threatening everyone with lawsuits because of their leak and the nature of free media taking its course after that.
While I agree with the jist of the post (tighter security on their property) ... these photgraphs were taken by GM and stolen by someone.

It's not like they "left the window shade open" and someone took a picture with a long range lens or something.

There's quite a bit of difference.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
constructive criticizm as well as positive comments are always welcomed.

Constructive means just that. It is OK to say "I don't like it and this is why--..>insert reasons here<"...........However, let's keep it clean. I really don't want to see people clobbering each other over differing opinions...we're all friends here, agreed???

And again I'm gonna repeat one of my mantras: Do not put forth final judgement before seeing it in person!
okay i'll do my walk around the vehicle and point out what i see...
okay... I'm looking at the vehicle from the front... I like the squarish lights on the left side, although I like the open grill design and ground effects of the right side better.

For the head lamps... I like the recessed design, that model to me screams a 3/4 circle front lights... as if the hood were to chop off the top of the head lights... so for which style i prefer... the left side of the picture seems to have a more muscle like agressive light angles... they make the camaro look like "he's" angry... okay now that i'm looking at the very bottem of the bumper, in front of the front wheel, the bumper needs to be pulled outward more to complete an agressive look IMO

now I'll go into the hood, personally i think its a bit too flat, it needs a little more wheel flare built in to it... but after thinking about it, i'd say the firebird version was always more volumptious... so to give a downward slooping effect after the front wheels and before the firewall... similar to that of the original viper...

okay now i'll move on to the door panel... personally I think I'm not quite feeling that rear vent... but it needs something so its not plain... it reminds me of a mustang tho... as for that Mirror, that is probably an improbable size... although it looks kinda cool i think it would make driving difficult...

okay, this car really reminds me of the corvette as far as the roof line, it seems to have a dip in the middle as the vette and the viper both share... and it looks like it could easily support a targa top...

I really liked the fact that the 4th gen and 3rd gen f-bodies didnt have the quarter windows behind the door... but i'm unsure of how it will look on a real car....

now looking at the rear bumper from the side... it looks like it needs a spoiler desperatly... but pussibly maybe just a little wing similar to the 69...

now let me change photos to the rear of the car...

I enjoy the sqaured off tail lights and the fact the lights seem to have a pirimid effect as to they go inward... looks good...

This car looks to me as though it doesnt support a trunk or a hatch... at least from the concepts... i'd really like to see a hatch because that makes accessablity extremely easy... it makes the vehicle a great choice for bringing home the extra large TV home in or something that doesnt fit in the door of standard sedan...

the rear looks like it could also use the same rear light that the C6 uses that is currently black plastic that goes behind the trunklid of the verts or the hatch...

not sure about the rear seems like it might need a little more swooping action... a bit too boxy... The back glass looks like a good sloop and a good shape... i like the fact there doesnt seem to be a big blind spot...

hrmmm i have a bit of commentary on the interior but i'll not go into that cause i think the gauge cluster really sucked... tooo out dated...
but i hope my commentary was helpful
Old 12-07-2005, 02:25 PM

I must say "Keep the Faith" was getting old, even though I have kept faith this whole time, the small amount of doubt has been eliminated.

Now, for the pics.

First off, they are still on Fbody.com....and there are several posts asking for them to be removed.

I love the look of the car.....a home run. Personally I prefer the styling on the drivers side front, passenger rear. Though, like most others it seems, it could use tail lights more like those in the render by Kris.

I am only 21 years old so the retro thing doesn't bother me simply because I never had the opportunity to live those days. The muscle cars days that were in my fathers childhood are now coming around in my early adult years. So, hopefully one of my fbodies will do justice to his 73' Z28 or 70 GTO.

The interior looks very 4th gen like. Something about it just scream 4th gen Camaro. The gauges obviously are way to retro....and the dash is just plain. I love the color in the interior....somewhat like what was seen with the SSR. i love the look of the seats....the interior is great excluding the gauges.

The true duel exhaust...thats a godsend right there. I'm still not sure what the think of the IRS compared to a SLA...but I guess I'll find out. I've only driven one C5 Corvette and I can honestly say in that drive, I couldn't tell the difference, but that was probably because of the euphoria of the moment.

All in all.....it looks great. I've had a smile on my face since the moment i saw the pics, and it will remain there until the day the keys to my 5th Gen are handed away.

Great work to all that have been involved, keep it up. These are mearly my opinions, and there really is nothing I saw I couldn't live with. As it sits, right there in those pics, I would buy it without thinking twice.

True to the Camaro name and it does it justice.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:27 PM

Maybe that's their intention. To create MORE hype.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:27 PM

since it hasn't been said yet....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
It needs a Targa/TTop/Convertible option first year, because I don't want to have to wait another year to order one.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:29 PM

I'll make my opinion short...

I really like it. It has CHARACTER and attitude. The lines are solid and beefy, a good representation of what the car is going to be. I cannot wait to see the concept at NAIAS.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:29 PM

I agree, T-tops on the Z28 are a MUST
Old 12-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Prominent Member

OK…..so the cow’s out of the barn and we get to add a few cents worth…..

• Overall….I’d say it was a 8 ˝ to 9 out of 10! Love the stance and the blend of modern and Heritage.

• Prefer the round fog lamp/driving lights on the right…truer to the Camaro heritage.

• Prefer the front profile on the left…less “bent in the middle”.

• The car seems to be ”pointed in the middle” more than I’d like.

• Not sure what’s going on with the right side roof…are there Corvette-like indentations?

• The mirrors are obviously for show…wings!

• Are we not getting ’69 style fender “sweeps”? I sure hope so!!

• If not, I really like the 67-68 inspired side profile as long as you promise that eh 69 stylized side vent will be made functional for the new Z/28! Brake ducts are cool….

• I’m assuming that we’ll see something like a C5 style door handle? I hate the hole the C6 style leaves in the rear quarter.

• LOVE the crisp rear quarter profile!

• Dislike of the taillights seem to be a common theme of those who’ve seen the pics..me included. I think the Corvette team would object to four ovals, but the Camaro, with the exception of the early 2nd gens, had a more tear-drop singular shape…which I’d prefer IF you can’t get the ovals approved. Those trapezoidal shapes don’t blend at all.

• Looking for a C6 / XLR style 3rd brake light / spoiler. That would be cool!

• Where are the backup lights?

• I like the exhaust tips!!

• The lower rear valance I assume is like the C6?

• Are we back to a hatchback….that just looks like it isn’t one??

• The driver’s side seems to show a lower greenhouse…..that’s better.

• IF an add-on rear spoiler is used….PLEASE don’t make it look like it’s tacked on……integrated is the only way to go.

As far as being flamed on the "other site"....I'm a big boy...it didn't faze me whatsoever....I just consider the source.... LOL!
Old 12-07-2005, 02:32 PM

all in all i think it looks great, i love the lines to the back of the car. I like the passenger side of the car better, I like how the fog light is molded in. front of the car seems a little pointy to me but that light just be the views. one thing i really like and wish car companies would do on production cars is how the wheels are flush with the fenders. like the fender flares, dont like the mirrors but doubt that would be production. still wish the car was a little short on the front, more the Hortons first rendering. like the seats in the drawings but have never been a fan of the duel pod gauges.

anyways i dont know why someone could wait another 30 days but either way it is nice to see that GM is on the right track, lets just hope that production will be close to concept unlike quite a few of GM and other companies norm.

Great job Scott.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:33 PM

I really liked it alot. It looks real similar to that latest blue sketch floating around. That sketch was awesome and this design study stands out just the same.

The front clip nails it, and the overal coke bottle shape and profile looks a lot less "upright" than I expected, which is good. Great stance. I see Z06 in the rear fenders.

I like the simple GTO-like interior as well.

I hope the overall look can be maintained through production, much moreso than the G6 was able to keep.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:34 PM

Britney also doesn't have eleventy billion contractors and employers roaming around her bedroom while she's "getting it on." I really don't think the analogy works too well, but I do agree that security needs to be stepped up if they are that concerned about it. Hell, I'm surpised they've done such a great job of hiding it thus far. We're only a month away from the press unveil...

I think the pics look great! The lines on the body look fantastic, and the stance is just right. True dual exhaust and IRS as well
Old 12-07-2005, 02:35 PM

Scott, after reading your post, and the first few in this thread, I became too excited to read the rest when I saw it's okay to post impressions. I cannot say enough of how thrilled I am with this concept. In its current form, the car is pure sex. I cannot equivocate the resounding success with which you have rendered a new Camaro for the new generation. It is mean, beautiful, sophisticated, and futuristic, all wrapped into one tight, beautifully proportioned package. I mean, NO complaints. Zero. There are elements that I'm sure can be done differently, and will be done differently, but Thank God GM has finally listened and is creating exciting cars yet again. Now, take this RWD platform and give Pontiac AND Buick a huge dose of excitement too!! [BUILD Velite and G6 RWD, please please please] Those rims, the definition of perfection. You really let the designers do thier thing on this one, kudos to welburn, peters, and lutz!, and of course all the designers who had a hand in this. The interior is perfect too. I don't know man, i think, uh, build it and they will come.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:35 PM

The big question: WHAT CHASSIS IS THAT?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
• Are we not getting ’69 style fender “sweeps”? I sure hope so!!

• If not, I really like the 67-68 inspired side profile as long as you promise that eh 69 stylized side vent will be made functional for the new Z/28! Brake ducts are cool….
Remember when Chris Pawels developed his original sketch it was because evok suggested it was more 68-like than 69-like?

Seems to me that if you take John McBride's latest sketch and remove the 69 fender sweeps and insert 2006 Mustang fender bulges, you'd have it nailed.

(Personally I like the 69 "sweeps" as well. )

My one negative comment.... It should've been red.

Quick Reply: Some thoughts on the pictures........