2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, when can I sit in one? (Seattle, WA)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by SSPORT10
I thought it was rumored to be the first week of May for all dealers to have at least the 1 "demo" Camaro?
Can they build them fast enough initially to supply one to each dealer by the first week in April. They are only building 80 cars a day for the moment.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Northwest94Z
His name started with an L and ended with an E.
Yeah, that's the guy.

I went back there in 2005 because they had a black 2000 Z28 for sale and I was in the market. I asked if "L" still worked there and they said he moved on.

It's exciting though that they're expecting a display at every dealership in April. I'll probably wander down to the new Chevy dealership in Issaquah -- (first was an independent, then bought by Lithia, then independent, and now "Michael's Chevrolet" -- bought by the same guy who has the Toyota empire in Eastgate)
Old 03-17-2009, 11:02 AM

Was at my local dealer here in so-Cal, and they said around April 15th for the car to come in. They actually said that every dealer is getting a base car, so that was more correct info than I was expecting. They were cool about the whole situation, no pressure to order one or anything. Only thing they asked was if I had a "trade-in".
Old 03-17-2009, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by 97QuasarBlue3.8
Yeah, that's the guy.

I went back there in 2005 because they had a black 2000 Z28 for sale and I was in the market. I asked if "L" still worked there and they said he moved on.

It's exciting though that they're expecting a display at every dealership in April. I'll probably wander down to the new Chevy dealership in Issaquah -- (first was an independent, then bought by Lithia, then independent, and now "Michael's Chevrolet" -- bought by the same guy who has the Toyota empire in Eastgate)
Hopefully he is out of the car business.

Let me know what you find out when they get their car. It might take a few tries at different dealers to get a test drive.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Disciple

Come down to Portland in a few weeks (hopefully less) and you can see ours.
Steve will be driving it to the shop to work every day. See sig for a link to the shop.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Banned

Understood, but unfortunately my experience with dealers up here over the last 15 years have not been good. Maybe the economic times will loosen dealers willingness to let people test drive the first few 5th gens that arrive although i expect to see plenty of "Adjusted Market Value" stickers attached to windshields in the 10k+ range which translates into, "No you cannot test drive this car unless you pull your checkbook out first". Happened with the 4th gens, the C5, the C5 Z06, GTO, C6, C6 Z06, Solstice GXP, H2 etc...
It's so true. Every time I go to an ****ty Big 3 dealership, they rarely let me test drive a car. I got an email from Dodge saying, 'go drive our new Challenger...' I went to drive one, and some ******* says they want $10k over sticker, and nobody can drive it (even though employees already put 40 miles on it...)

So Dodge tries to make a product people actually want to drive and buy...and the *******s in the dealership undermine them by not letting customers drive the ****ing thing. And they're still sitting on the lot, collecting dust. Completely ****ing mindboggling.

I went to test drive an IS-F, and I was treated like royalty.

The achille's heel of the big 3 are the ridiculously bad dealerships. The Japs take total control of the dealerships, because they know it's the critical link in the chain.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:11 AM

Nice. Hey your avatar isn't by any chance a pic of you at the exotics at Redmond Town Center gatherings that happen every Sat. morning is it?
The pic is from a car show in April 2008. I do go Exotics at Redmond Town Center. This Saturday the SSC Ultimate Aero which set the speed record for production vehicles (beating the Bugatti Veyron) will be there.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by HTWLSS
Come down to Portland in a few weeks (hopefully less) and you can see ours.
Steve will be driving it to the shop to work every day. See sig for a link to the shop.
Sounds like you will likely have one of the very first 5th gens in the region!

Being a disciple has it's privileges.

Originally Posted by rushdriven
The pic is from a car show in April 2008. I do go Exotics at Redmond Town Center. This Saturday the SSC Ultimate Aero which set the speed record for production vehicles (beating the Bugatti Veyron) will be there.
Might have to show up again to see that. The SSC cars are built in Eastern Washington correct? Does someone on this side own one or is it being trucked over to generate interest? Do they still turnout if the weather is bad? The couple of times I've gone so far it was dry and turnout was growing. Oh, and do they still shun non-European cars costing less than 100K? Each week seems hit or miss as far as recognition.

Last edited by Northwest94Z; 03-19-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Disciple

Sounds like you will likely have one of the very first 5th gens in the region!
Yup, our other Oregon disciple, Maggie, is waiting for her Cyber Grey 2SS/RS. She ordered from Wilsonville Chev, so it shouldn't be too far behind. I think it's scheduled for production in early April.

Vin # 9 is supposedly headed to Town & Country in Milwaukie, Oregon. I wonder whose that one is?
Old 03-20-2009, 09:58 AM

Can they build them fast enough initially to supply one to each dealer by the first week in April. They are only building 80 cars a day for the moment.
My bad, I meant to say May...I believe the exact date is the 6th.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:52 PM

It will so cool to test drive one. Even though as a college student I am broke and it may just be torture not being able to buy one.