2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

So... Scott....

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:56 AM

So... Scott....

Did you started that book already??? We need to get that book as an added option for when I order my future wife's 2009? Camaro SS orange convertible with HUD and Gun Metal Stripes.

Remember how she wanted a White one??? you made her change her mind since the convertible came out. lol I am not the one to complain.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:54 AM

LOL, I was waiting for this subject to pop back up at some point!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:38 AM

He said that he sat down and outlined like 25 possible chapters with (I think) Jason and Chris one night, but the book would be more about his experience at GM and not 100% on just the Camaro. But if you have ever sat down and listen to Scott talk, the man is full of great stories

+1 for taking this seriously one day Scott! You need to write this book!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:47 AM

Yeah, there will be a ton of books about the car. But what you don't see often, and what Scott is in a perfect position to write about, is a book about the process that creates the car. Much like ACAR, Scott's perspective is somewhat unique from most other writers, and certainly he should have access to most of the principals involved. The human stories he could tell would compliment the technical ones that will be published in abundance, I'm sure. I hope he does it.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:21 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

My guess is he'll have to retire before he pulls the pin on that grenade... especially the stories from the "Zarella era"

Old 04-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by stars1010
He said that he sat down and outlined like 25 possible chapters with (I think) Jason and Chris one night
Partially right.

Originally Posted by ChrisL
My guess is he'll have to retire before he pulls the pin on that grenade
I think you are correct on that one. I never thought I would come up with a single reason to actually want Scott to retire.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Partially right.
......ehh......its been over a year since our convo..........
Old 04-12-2007, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Yeah, there will be a ton of books about the car. But what you don't see often, and what Scott is in a perfect position to write about, is a book about the process that creates the car. Much like ACAR, Scott's perspective is somewhat unique from most other writers, and certainly he should have access to most of the principals involved. The human stories he could tell would compliment the technical ones that will be published in abundance, I'm sure. I hope he does it.
Boy would I LOVE to see that book!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:36 PM

I think a Zarella era book would be appropriate if GM can continue dragging itself out of the hole he dug for the company.

I wanna read it!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:56 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

welllllllllllllllll............I actually sat down with my laptop on a flight back from LA one night and just started to type.

...............and realized that I sounded psychotic!!!

Looks like I'll have to use a ghost writer...........

there IS a new Chevy site coming out in the next few weeks.....and I've been asked to write some articles for that site.

Thusfar:

>The Day the Panther Died --- about the summer of 1966.......and the announcement of the Camaro

>The first Camaro in Mars........

.......working on a few more..........
Old 04-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Based on the stories you told ... especially at some of the earlier events we crossed paths ... a compilation of short stories would make for an excellent book.

I'm especially looking forward to the '99 Hugger Orange chapter since that's the one that cost me the most.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Disciple

Sounded? Heh!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:25 AM

welllllllllllllllll............I actually sat down with my laptop on a flight back from LA one night and just started to type.

Looks like I'll have to use a ghost writer...........

there IS a new Chevy site coming out in the next few weeks.....and I've been asked to write some articles for that site.

Thusfar:

>The Day the Panther Died --- about the summer of 1966.......and the announcement of the Camaro

>The first Camaro in Mars........

cool, but Scott I think we all here share a bit of that psychotic behavior and add to it. Is just part of begin in cz28.com! lol Anyway, use a ghost writer if you need to! There are plenty of things we all would love to know that you hold the answers to. Even though we all know it is killing you inside and you which you could just explode and tell us everything. We understand! But it would be nice to read about it. Because we all have lived it together in some way.

So, I think you can tell us all this.. what's going to be your 5th gen like? what color, coupe or convertible? would you change the wheels or leave it stock?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:55 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by jcamere94z28
So, I think you can tell us all this.. what's going to be your 5th gen like? what color, coupe or convertible? would you change the wheels or leave it stock?
heeheehee!

I haven't decided yet.

I have to buy a couple of them.....one of them for "Mom" Settlemire. (some of you have met her......and she drives a 2002 Camaro "ES" --the red coupe in my signature.......)

She has threatened to ground me until I'm 82 if I don't get busy and build her a convertible. (she's 82 by the way.....) She wanted a Red Coupe -- until she saw the Orange Convert. in Cleveland -- now it's definitely an Orange Convertible..........
Old 04-16-2007, 02:11 PM

Get her what she wants Scott!!! You only have one Mom!!!

Quick Reply: So... Scott....