2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

A small thought

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
what do you mean" concidering how widely known he is"? no offense, but, i dont know much about him. so how widely known is he?
He's modest, too. He runs this site, has one of the most popular automotive podcasts around, takes his car to SEMA, gets his car featured in GM High Tech Performance magazine (okay, that was someone else, but they bought the car from him and the article mentioned his name), manufactures SmoothLocks and 5th gen die-cast cars, organizes and hosts an annual drag racing event, and is on a first-name basis with a bunch of important Camaro people at GM.

I'll be honest -- the way I see it, without Jason, the Camaro enthusiast community wouldn't be what it is today.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
He's modest, too. He runs this site, has one of the most popular automotive podcasts around, takes his car to SEMA, gets his car featured in GM High Tech Performance magazine (okay, that was someone else, but they bought the car from him and the article mentioned his name), manufactures SmoothLocks and 5th gen die-cast cars, organizes and hosts an annual drag racing event, and is on a first-name basis with a bunch of important Camaro people at GM.

I'll be honest -- the way I see it, without Jason, the Camaro enthusiast community wouldn't be what it is today.
I know Jason, but I wouldn't hold that against him...
Old 01-29-2010, 10:54 AM

good for him. im sure theres many people who wish they were as big of a deal in the camaro community, as he is.

i had my 99 trans am in a article and on the cover of pontiac high performance, if it counts for anything?
Old 01-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Admin Emeritus

Heh, okay guys. Thanks for the nice words but this thread isn't about me. I am just a car guy like everyone else. I just happen to bit a bit restless sometimes.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:42 PM

i had my 99 trans am in a article and on the cover of pontiac high performance, if it counts for anything?
That had to be a nice thing to have happen.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Admin Emeritus

Yeah...got a scan of the cover and article?
Old 01-30-2010, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
I think most of them are on other sites. No flames intended, but there just doesn't seem to be a lot of people here that own one, and a whole lot of the discussions about them focus on negatives. You can go to another popular site, and the entire first page of the general discussion area will be no more than 3 hours old, lots of people having fun, mods, questions, ect. Much much more of a hands on, more enthusiastic atmosphere on the other sites.

This is exactly what it is. Here any topic on the 5th gen gets sidetracked by the same people with the same crap. Then anyone that defends it is called a "fanboy" or a "kool-aid drinker".
Old 01-30-2010, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by super83Z
This is exactly what it is. Here any topic on the 5th gen gets sidetracked by the same people with the same crap. Then anyone that defends it is called a "fanboy" or a "kool-aid drinker".
In all actuality, if you are a fan of something no one can talk you out of it.

"Fan" is an abbreviation of "fanatic".

Not a thing wrong with liking what you like and talking about it where you please.

A bit less elitism and alot more comradeship could go a long way.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by super83Z
Then do one of the following...
  • Totally ignore them
  • Tell them to spew their bitterness somewhere else
Usually the first one works so try that first. The second one gets them all riled up even more. It is almost like people who are so into their own religion that if you don't see their point of view, you are dead wrong and they feel the need to try to beat you unrecognizable with their point of view until you just give up and agree with them.

I am not 100% sure who all we are referring to, but I have some ideas. I usually just ignore them, because I agree with Paul...they don't change my opinion just because theirs sucks. We are a brotherhood and a Camaro community here, nothing has changed that and nothing will.

Every site has their issues, though...every site. I have seen issues elsewhere and I am glad we don't have much of here.

BUT...BACK TO THE POINT....

I am interested in hearing what people are planning. I am indeed looking into a cam swap. Maybe some interior customization and more under hood enhancements.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Yeah...got a scan of the cover and article?
i got the magazine at home. ill have to bring it to work and scan it.

as far as modifications, my car ungoes dyno test and cam swap today!!!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 AM

Mods?

for now... nothing big planned as it is my daily driver... I am seriously considering doing something to the stock wheels... to stand out a bit. I am getting prices as we speak...
Old 02-01-2010, 12:25 PM

you gonna get them powder coated IBM????
Old 02-01-2010, 01:14 PM

you gonna get them powder coated IBM????
Nah... something else. darker.. more sinister... but i am not paiting the wheels black either...
Old 02-01-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by jcamere94z28
Nah... something else. darker.. more sinister...
You putting Decepticon stickers on the hubcaps?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:43 PM

just watch out for those steep clifs and the giant body of water called the ocean. bastard! lol j/k
lol, well the big earthquake hasn't hit yet, so I think we'll be ok for a little while longer.

Quick Reply: A small thought