2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slammed 2010 SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by blown94
You guys aren't too old, let me explain. You're probably NOT old enough, yet not YOUNG enough to understand. This car likely IS on airbags. That being assumed,....this isn't how it drives down the road. You have the best of both worlds with bags. This is just its "hey everybody look how low I can go" parked stance. The ride height is adjustable, depending on the kit, either infinitely, or presets. When you go to jump in it, you hit a button on the nice kits, and the car raises up as you approach it, to whatever height you want. While driving you can adjust it as well. You can make the ride whatever you want it to be. I personally love it and wish I could afford to do it to my 4th gen. If you ever get the chance to ride in a bagged vehicle like this, you simply HAVE to try it.

For your research,...check these guys out, they've been around forever and are a well respected name in the game. This car has accuair if you check the link, but this site here will give you a better idea of the systems and thier abilities: http://www.ridetech.com/shop/
Golly thanks. I now feel better about my opinion that it makes me want to

Personally, I wouldn't be seen in it, so the "HAVE to try it" just isn't going to happen. If you love it....good for you. Takes all types to make the world go round, I suppose.

Bob
Old 12-09-2009, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Bound to happen. Sorry, but....

Guess I'm just old.
it has nothing to do with age. theres alot of old guys that i have seen that do this to older cars. its not set to a specific generation.

i think that car looks bad ***. nice old style looking wheels, just slammed like a low rider........ looks awesome.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:32 AM

man. i thought people on here had more of an open mind about individualism. apparently not. what someone likes is not going to be what everyone likes. theres probably things alot of you do that other people dont like. but thats the joy of it being YOURS. YOU get to do what YOU want and shouldnt be criticized for it. because its not anyone elses car but yours. is there only 1 way a camaro is to be modded? no. and again, not everyone is going to like it. and not everyone liked the camaro when it came out.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
man. i thought people on here had more of an open mind about individualism. apparently not. what someone likes is not going to be what everyone likes. theres probably things alot of you do that other people dont like. but thats the joy of it being YOURS. YOU get to do what YOU want and shouldnt be criticized for it. because its not anyone elses car but yours. is there only 1 way a camaro is to be modded? no. and again, not everyone is going to like it. and not everyone liked the camaro when it came out.
AMEN!!! It's nice to see people that actually understand that the car hobby has many different areas, and even if there are the little fueds between the different groups for why they do what they do to their cars, we should at least be happy to see people enjoying the car hobby. If it wasn't for this, we would all be driving around in shoe box vehicles and there would be no aftermarket companies out there.

I actually like the idea os airbags on a car so that you can choose the stands of the car for what you need. Lowing a vehicle, either with springs or airbags, helps improve the handling and look of the vehicle. The difference with airbags is that you have more range of height choices.

If we are going to get into the stuff we don't like that people do to their cars, them I'm going to add one as well. I'm so sick of seeing every muscle car (new or old) or classic car turned into a drag car!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by speeding2fast2c
If we are going to get into the stuff we don't like that people do to their cars, them I'm going to add one as well. I'm so sick of seeing every muscle car (new or old) or classic car turned into a drag car!
I agree with you on that one as well.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 AM

Slamming a car this low is usually done to achieve a look as anything that low is not drivable with all of the suspension travel removed. Depending of fender contours, it won't steer either.

When you do a mod for a look, the look will be judged.

Personally I don't see the attraction, but I don't see the attraction of parking a car and just sitting behind it on a lawn chair, either. It's not that I dislike car shows... I do them for a living. I guess the difference is that at the sort of shows I do, we are pumped to talk about what we brought. Most parking lot shows do not feature folks talking about what they brought...

Slamming cars is nothing new. Ride height has a huge effect on handling. Both positive and negative. modding a car to display in an undrivable condition has no appeal to me. I get that it can be raised.

At the extremes is where opinions will differ.

Whatever winds your watch, if you know what I mean.

I support anyone's right to pursue whatever part of the car passion suits them... I do reserve my right to find it pointless and unattractive, when I feel it's ludricrous..

I salute the engineering required to airbag an IRS... but I question the actual functionality that will maintain halfshaft angles and camber angle maintenance.

Arvin Meritor's Dynamic Height Control System is quite trick and I can see the value of algorythm specified height adjustment. That system on the C6RS is quite nice, but it doesn't allow the car to be rendered unsteerable. It isn't cheap by any means, either.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 12-09-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:27 PM

even with the car being slammed this low on air bags, it can be daily driven.... if its done right. as nice as this one looks i would hope it is done to be driven. now it may not be able to be driven this low, but raised up to where the front wheels are clear of the fenders, it shoudlnt have a problem steering.

Last edited by 2010_5thgen; 12-09-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by FiefSS
It looks like one of those muscle machine models. The wheels are huge but I like the look maybe in a 20. For what it is (a show car) looks really cool. Toned down for the street I'd like it too.
Yea looks like Jada Toys built a full scale DUB City model.

Not my taste but I know the younger groups will appreciate it.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by AdioSS
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/NRSPOT/blogs/13688

And this was taken the other day at a car show.
Looks ridiculous.

That said, people have been doing this to cars since at least the 1960s. Only the name's been changed. Before "Slammed" it was "Dropped". It's was called "Lowriders" back in the 70s and 80s. It was called "lowered" before that.

The only difference is that now, they have oversized wheels and it's perhaps more widely done than it was 20, 30, or 40 years ago.

I still don't like 'em. But it's their car and their money.

Whatever.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:57 PM

just out of curiosity, what is it that is so ridiculous looking about it? the wheels, the lowered to the ground look, the color? im just wondering what it is that some people may not like about it. if i see how some of you may be looking at it, then i may understand where your coming from.

and again, this has nothig to do with it being a younger group to like it. how old were the people who built this? ive seen 70 year old men in old 60's impalas and even cadillacs from the 50's with bags on them lowered like this and its very tastefully done.some had stock wheels on them and some had aftermarkets ranging from 15-20". for the "art", this car looks to be done perfect. just like some people are into drag racing and putting slicks on the back and skinnies up front. to me that looks retarded. especially when driving around on every day roads. but, i respect those people and i would never tell them that their car looks aweful in my eyes. because they built it that way for a reason. and in the end its their car.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:02 PM

I have no problem with lowering a vehicle to make it handle better. Heck, I dropped my 67 Camaro 2-inches up front with shorter springs, etc. However I did this to make the car handle better. The improved stance or "looks" is just a bonus to a better handling car. Still, I have yet to see an air bag car out handle a properly engineered car with a lowered stance. Air bags are today's version of those old spring clamps you could buy for under $10 to make your car look slammed on the cheap. Sure they look awesome on a show car, but on a street car that's meant to do double duty as a canyon carver? Er, no thanks. I'll avoid taking the easy way out and do it right.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:04 PM

damn boy... that's low...
Old 12-09-2009, 03:25 PM

just out of curiosity, what is it that is so ridiculous looking about it? the wheels, the lowered to the ground look, the color? im just wondering what it is that some people may not like about it. if i see how some of you may be looking at it, then i may understand where your coming from.
It appears to be unable to respond to steering input without the tires hitting the fenders... I'm a roadracing kind of guy. If a car appears un-turnable? I'm not impressed.

and again, this has nothig to do with it being a younger group to like it. how old were the people who built this? ive seen 70 year old men in old 60's impalas and even cadillacs from the 50's with bags on them lowered like this and its very tastefully done.some had stock wheels on them and some had aftermarkets ranging from 15-20". for the "art", this car looks to be done perfect. just like some people are into drag racing and putting slicks on the back and skinnies up front. to me that looks retarded. especially when driving around on every day roads. but, i respect those people and i would never tell them that their car looks aweful in my eyes. because they built it that way for a reason. and in the end its their car.
Worry over what others think is a sure sign of doubt.

Nut up and gut up for what you believe in.

You actually do no one a favor by telling them what they want to hear.

I have no reservations in saying that dropping a car to the bump stops is an answer to a question no one is asking.

Asking an opinion is opening the door to honesty. Take honesty as a favor. Anything else is a lie.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 12-09-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:03 PM

I'm closed minded if I don't like it? Am I closed minded if I don't like a certain color? Or a certain model? Or [insert personal preference here]? Could it not be that I just have different likes and dislikes than you do? OMG - what a thought!

It isn't mine, I wouldn't do that to a car I own(ed), I'll criticize it if I wish to, and I think it looks sick....not in a flattering way. You can disagree if you wish, though I won't write you a diatribe about how you shouldn't be disagreeing with my opinion because....because........because of something.

Is that ok with you?

And the world will still go around....even for us knuckle-dragging old drag racer types.

Last edited by Bob Cosby; 12-09-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
I'm closed minded if I don't like it? Am I closed minded if I don't like a certain color? Or a certain model? Or [insert personal preference here]? Could it not be that I just have different likes and dislikes than you do? OMG - what a thought!

It isn't mine, I wouldn't do that to a car I own(ed), I'll criticize it if I wish to, and I think it looks sick....not in a flattering way. You can disagree if you wish, though I won't write you a diatribe about how you shouldn't be disagreeing with my opinion because....because........because of something.

Is that ok with you?

And the world will still go around....even for us knuckle-dragging old drag racer types.
Nicely spoken. What looks good to me may look like crap to someone else, and vice versa, I can live with that...

Quick Reply: Slammed 2010 SS