2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Sat in 2010 Camaro for the First Time

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:21 PM

Location: I was born and raised and reside in Philadelphia, PA.
Sat in 2010 Camaro for the First Time

On Friday, I finally got to see up close the new Camaro at the Auto Show here in Philly. Before I get negative responses, I just want to say I am not complaining, I just merely had some minor issues upon getting to sit in it for the first time.

I was a little shocked at how low the visibility was from the inside. I thought the windshield was a little small to see out of. I also thought some of the interior was a little cheaper than I had hoped. Believe me, I am very familiar with GM interiors and my Silverado feels the same on the inside so I know what to expect, I just thought that GM wanted to move into the future with a bit higher quality interior. Still looks really nice, though. I don't know if it's me, but when I sat in the Camaro with the Sunroof, I thought that opened it up a lot and it felt much better with that being there. I also was surprised with the panels and how cheap they felt in some spots on the exterior. It seemed in both the Camaros I got to be up close with the paneling felt loose and moved back and forth when I touched it.

Other than that, it was awesome seeing the Camaro up close, and nothing has really changed inside for me because I still want one of these cars so bad. I really wish I could have heard her engine roar, but I guess I have to wait until I can afford one to hear the sound, and thats fine.

Thanks for listening, and let me know what you think.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Silverado27
I was a little shocked at how low the visibility was from the inside. I thought the windshield was a little small to see out of.
You get used to it.

I also thought some of the interior was a little cheaper than I had hoped.
Ever own a 4th gen?

It seemed in both the Camaros I got to be up close with the paneling felt loose and moved back and forth when I touched it.
Those show cars get abused. Thik about how many people pry at things on it day in and day out. I have seen people try to rip items right off the car at auto shows. "If I am going to be paying for it, I need to know how durable it is." Yeah, right.

I really wish I could have heard her engine roar, but I guess I have to wait until I can afford one to hear the sound, and thats fine.
Hang in there, it will be worth it!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:41 AM

hmmmm...funny every time I drive my SS...people look at my Orange inferno interior and their eyes light up...and when I show them the cool lights and orange side panels in the door inserts at night ...their eyes light up....and when they hear my Boston acoustics sound system cranked up a bit...their eyes light up....and when they sit in the very comfortable seats and feel the stump of the LS3 and the snickety, snickety 6 speed....their eyes light up....
and when they feel the tight completely rattle free ride over brutal roads on our expressways around Toronto...their eyes light up....and when I open my sunroof and feel the fresh air and great wind management with the windows down on the highway(not this time of year)....their eyes light up....and when they see the cool switchblade key...hear the quiet rumble of the exhaust and see the needles do a full circle on start up and feel the tug of their neck as I rip away from nearly anything on the street a...their eyes light up....and when EVERYONE stops grumbling about the fact that yes they (GM)could of spent a hundred or 2 dollars more on a "bit" nicer interior and realize that the real money in this fabulous product is in styling, suspension, world class platform engineering, wheels, brembos , IRS, etc...etc....they will also realize that one of the COOLEST aspects of the car is the tight chopped lines of the windows and windshield and I am her to tell you that after 20 minutes of driving this hellacious, delicious product, the interior and the chopped windows are never thought of again cause you cant help yourself turning the radio DOWN and letting this masterpiece rock.....
Go drive one ...then your eyes will light up.....
Old 02-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Admin Emeritus

That's a very, very cool post!
Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 AM

Location: I was born and raised and reside in Philadelphia, PA.
Rub it in why don't ya, lol
Old 02-08-2010, 12:19 PM

I have to ask the OP, have you ever sat in a 1st gen Camaro? You want to talk about visibility through the windshield, or in this case, lack thereof. Keep this in mind, the wiper blade size for a 67-69 Camaro is only ~11-inches.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
I have to ask the OP, have you ever sat in a 1st gen Camaro? You want to talk about visibility through the windshield, or in this case, lack thereof. Keep this in mind, the wiper blade size for a 67-69 Camaro is only ~11-inches.
Actually I kinda liked the visibility out of my 69. Much perfered it to my 4th gen 98.