2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

RS with polished wheels..... YES!

Old 10-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Z71456
I ordered my black/black 2SS yesterday and ordered the RS package. I also added the 21" black wheels for $470. I know you can do a polished 20" too for the same amount. My dealer contact told me the order can be changed for up to 2 more months until they start getting the parts ready to build, but I think I'll be keeping it the same. Just wanted to share.
The 21" wheels are $470? I would check into that one, according to the info out there, the 21" wheel and tire package is well over $4,000. Just making sure you get the right info, or let us know something we do not.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:01 PM

Dealer Update!

So, after the updated posts of this thread, I went to my dealer today after work, to update my order, and add the polished wheels....here is what they said:

They said they had contacted GM that day, and GM said they had heard of no such thing, that the RS package would not be updated w/ the polished wheels, and that this website was not affliated w/ GM in any way, and they (GM) wanted proof, b/c I was not the only person giving them this info. They even opened up a case # of this issue (RS package w/ polished wheels), he even showed me the fax!

So, the dealer asked me to show him where I got the info, I went straight to this thread, along w/ another popular Camaro website, in front of them, and showed them the first post, and they printed out this entire thread, and faxed it to the GM person they had been in contact with.....

What's yalls thoughts on this stuff??? What is going on? I wish someone had a straight answer about this issue.

Sad thing...my dealer and others there, did not know who Scott S., Cheryl P., or John F. was....GM really needs to keep their dealers updated w/ info a little better....
Old 10-24-2008, 05:22 PM

Yeah, I just saw that on the Camaro Builder. $4865 is outrageous and just doesn't seem right. I just called my rep at the dealer who's been there for 20 years and he confirmed it was only $470 on his pricing sheet. He said nothing is for sure at all on the Camaro because it is all subject to change, but from the information he was given, that was the right cost. He said they are crediting you for the 20" wheels and tires and that is why it is not more. It doesn't make sense that it would cost almost $5k additional for 1" bigger cast, mass produced alloy wheels and tires. Who knows though. If I hear anything different from him, I will post it.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:38 PM

I want a list of dealers who are able to add the polished wheels to the RS package. This is getting to be ridiculous.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Admin Emeritus

Yeah, I just saw that on the Camaro Builder. $4865 is outrageous and just doesn't seem right. I just called my rep at the dealer who's been there for 20 years and he confirmed it was only $470 on his pricing sheet.
I still feel unsure about that. Polished wheel upgrade, yes...$470, but if you pay $470 to upgrade to 21" wheels, that surely doesn't cover tires and you will have a tough time getting a 20" tire on a 21" wheel.

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS
I want a list of dealers who are able to add the polished wheels to the RS package. This is getting to be ridiculous.
They all should sooner or later but remember that dealers are not always as up to speed on things as we are. It is easy for us to give out info, but not as easy as all dealers to be in sync with it. Give it time, we have plenty right now to change our orders as needed.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
They all should sooner or later but remember that dealers are not always as up to speed on things as we are. It is easy for us to give out info, but not as easy as all dealers to be in sync with it. Give it time, we have plenty right now to change our orders as needed.
I agree with this...I am trying to understand why the dealers are hearing "NO" from GM when they contact them....
Old 10-27-2008, 06:45 AM

Yeah, I just saw that on the Camaro Builder. $4865 is outrageous and just doesn't seem right. I just called my rep at the dealer who's been there for 20 years and he confirmed it was only $470 on his pricing sheet. He said nothing is for sure at all on the Camaro because it is all subject to change, but from the information he was given, that was the right cost. He said they are crediting you for the 20" wheels and tires and that is why it is not more. It doesn't make sense that it would cost almost $5k additional for 1" bigger cast, mass produced alloy wheels and tires. Who knows though. If I hear anything different from him, I will post it.
have you priced aftermarket 21" wheels and tires lately? I have....cheapest 21" wheel I found was $1300 each and tires were around $450 each. So, $4800 for 21" wheels and tires is a deal.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:38 AM

so, do you think that the 21" wheels are $4800 more expensive then 20" wheels? Because that's what it comes down to. You are upgrading from one set to another.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Primus
so, do you think that the 21" wheels are $4800 more expensive then 20" wheels? Because that's what it comes down to. You are upgrading from one set to another.
It comes down to demand. Just like 17" wheels use to be expensive, until they started putting them on a lot of cars from the factory. Once they become more popular the price comes down. Not much demand for 21" wheels right now so when someone wants a set I'm sure its more of a hassle to make a couple sets, so its gonna cost you more.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

I have updated CamaroBuilder with the new information on the RS package. Jason will be posting the update (along with the upgrade to version 2.0) soon. Hopefully it will go out today!

You've got this wrong.

The 21" wheels are a dealer option -- therefore, you're paying for both, and you should be able to keep the 20" wheels and tires that came on the car from the factory, too.

If you don't get to keep the 20" wheels too, then I agree -- the listed price would be way too high. But I don't think that's the case.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:31 PM

Very interesting. I didn't realize that dealer options worked that way.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Very interesting. I didn't realize that dealer options worked that way.
I'm not 100% sure that they do -- I just don't know how else it would work. The car arrives at the dealership with factory wheels.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:30 PM

Are there any comments on my dealer saying GM would not allow the polished wheel option to be added to the RS package? Has anyone else been able to change their order??? It seems no one is able to give a straight answer on this.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS
Are there any comments on my dealer saying GM would not allow the polished wheel option to be added to the RS package? Has anyone else been able to change their order??? It seems no one is able to give a straight answer on this.
The dealers can only order what their system will let them order. You just have to give GM time to get the system updated.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
The dealers can only order what their system will let them order. You just have to give GM time to get the system updated.
I understand this. My dealer contacted GM and GM told them that the polished wheel addition would never be an option, and it wasn't happening. I posted about this earlier in this thread. GM even opened a case # and said they were not affliated with this website, and I had to print it off, so the dealer could fax it over.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS with polished wheels..... YES!