2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Rochester Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 03:26 PM

Rochester Auto Show

Here are some photos of the new Camaro at the Greater Rochester International Auto Show going on now. Sorry for the blurry pictures; there were so many people around the car that I had only seconds to focus and take the picture before people would walk in front of the camera (plus I need some more practice taking pictures).

Notice the tail end of the Corvette ZR1 behind the Camaro. The Camaro seemed to get more attention than the Corvette.
Name:  Camaro3.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  82.6 KB

The engine bay seems uneventful in V6 guise. Hopefully the V8 engine bay will be more interesting.
Name:  Camaro1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  88.8 KB

There were a lot of people coming to see the new Camaro, making picture-taking problematic.
Name:  Camaro5.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  79.2 KB

No one will mistake the rear-end of the new Camaro for anything else on the road.
Name:  Camaro2.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  83.7 KB

The dashboard and interior are a bit plain in this Camaro.
Name:  Camaro4.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  34.4 KB

It appears General Motors opted to display a 2LT Camaro with a V6 engine and 6-speed manual transmission. The only option I could find is a cargo net in the trunk. The exterior color as you can see is blue and the interior is black cloth. The wheels are 18" aluminum 5-star wheels.

Overall the 2010 Camaro is beautiful with all the right curves. It is both muscular and sexy on the outside. The interior is a bit cramped with not much headroom front and rear. The seats are comfortable and you sit low in the car, kind of like a Corvette. There appears to be blind spots at the 4 o-clock and 8 o-clock positions. The center armrest is covered in cheap rubber. The steering wheel is not round in cross section so it feels kind of odd when grasping it. Compare this with the superb feel of a BMW M-sport steering wheel that is thick and round.

This car does not look like it weighs 3750 lbs. My guess is the registration will list a 2LT Camaro at 3600 lbs. It seems to be a great performance value with a special presence that the new Mustang GT and Challenger SRT8 do not have.

Speaking of the Mustang and Challenger, both were at the show. The 2010 Mustang GT wore Grabber Blue and looked really nice. Ford would not allow anyone to open the doors because it was a pre-production vehicle. The 2009 Challenger SRT8 wore Silver and looked even better. The problem with the Challenger is shape and size: it is HUGE, like a giant rectangle placed upon a Charger chassis.

Name:  Challenger.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  85.6 KB

The 2010 Camaro is the better car compared to its competitors in my opinion, and it was the best looking car at the auto show. The Corvette ZR1 was sweet, but the Camaro has better lines. Plus it costs only 1/3 the price of the Vette.

The Chevrolet spokespeople there knew basic knowledge like MPG, but when pressing them for more specific knowledge, they spewed misinformation. For example, I asked a spokesperson when the new Camaros are going to arrive at dealer showrooms. She said they are already at some dealers.

I ordered a new Camaro recently and GM picked up my order Tuesday. I was unsure if I made the right choice because I never saw the new Camaro in person. After seeing the 2010 Camaro in person, I am convinced I made the right choice.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Disciple

great write-up and pics! thanks for posting. man, that aqua blue has really grown on me.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Fireball1

I ordered a new Camaro recently and GM picked up my order Tuesday. I was unsure if I made the right choice because I never saw the new Camaro in person. After seeing the 2010 Camaro in person, I am convinced I made the right choice.
wow thats pretty cool. Im glad you made that choice!

And welcome!