2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A question for Red

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 11:27 PM

Re: A question for Red

nIKIVEE , the dashboard is retro. Don't you think ?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by RussStang
Actually, I haven't jumped to any conclusions. I thought I made it obvious I was aware that the NAIAS car would be different, and that the production car would differ from that as well. It is just obvious to me that the car was primarily designed around the 1st gen at some point in time (I, like most on this board, have no idea when the clay model was done), and seeing that we have been told this will be the "general" shape, I dont' see the overall body changing too much. I would really like to see some other generations of Camaro in the production car. Perhaps they are already there? All I know is it would go a long way in pleasing me (and several others) in the end result. I do think the clay concept was good looking as it is though.
This goes for me as well. We are aware that the concept is incomplete and are mostly comenting at this point with the understanding that the NAIAS concept will be different to some degree (how much, we don't know). I just stopped typing "we will have to see what the real concept looks like" or "if this concept holds true".

Anyway, it won't be too long.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Red Planet
and THIS, once again, is a good reason why the pictures should have never been posted!

Perhaps I'm missing something, but the posts above THIS post.......all great guys (enthusiasts) by the way......have already jumped to conclusions!

who said what you saw is the real thing? It's painfully obvious that the car is a clay and that it's divided down the middle as a design exercise to look at two similar, yet different proposals.

Stop jumping to conclusions.......please.......and I'm BEGGING you......please withhold any proclamation until you see the concept in person.
First let me say I have been on this board along time now ask Jason I just read all the time but Scott has it right. Lets see the car and then fight this out about what we like or don't.

Remember guys and gals if everyone liked the exact same thing we would all be driving a square box that got 100 mpg and looked the same year to year.

I told Scott along time back if the new car really looked good,handled good, and was very fast and you knew it was a camaro when you seen it I would be happy either way nad from the pics I am very happy if it has the performance we want which you and I can't know yet.

Wait and see the car and then wait till we see how it performs and then talk about it.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mike2001SS
Wait and see the car and then wait till we see how it performs and then talk about it.
How long do you expect people to wait to TALK about the car?! We're not going to be able to SEE it for another ~5 weeks, let alone how long it'll take before we ever hear PERFORMANCE info, so should we basically close this forum down indefinitely 'til the car is actually built and tested?!! I don't think so ...

... talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk!
Old 12-11-2005, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
How long do you expect people to wait to TALK about the car?! We're not going to be able to SEE it for another ~5 weeks, let alone how long it'll take before we ever hear PERFORMANCE info, so should we basically close this forum down indefinitely 'til the car is actually built and tested?!! I don't think so ...

... talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk!
Exactly.

I don't know why a lot of people say things like "Don't talk about it until you see the real/final version". That is all we have at this moment so that is what we will talk about and of courrse we will reserve final judgement until we see the final version. I don't think anyone here who doesn't like it at this point will just refuse to look at any other pictures or will refuse to see the real concept in person.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:32 PM

Not everyone is going to like the car.

Some people will call it retro despite it being no more retro than the new Corvette.

Some people will complain because it doesn't weigh as much as a Miata.

Yet others will complain because it doesn't have AWD, or doesn't have the Z06's 7 liter engine.

But...

The car will appeal to 90% of current Camaro fans.

The car will bring in new buyers, including some who considered Mustang.

And finally, the car WILL ensure Camaro has a future because it will likely sell at levels that make the 4th gen look like even a bigger failure.

All in all, the latter points are far more vital than the very trivial gripes of the former.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
make the 4th gen look like even a bigger failure.

I wonder how Red would feel about that statement.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:20 PM

Not everyone is going to like the car.

Some people will call it retro despite it being no more retro than the new Corvette.

Sure.

I don't know why some refuse to admit that the Camaro from the pictures is retro to at least the level of the Mustang. If you don't care that it is or you like that it is retro, then there shouldn't be a problem.

If you don't believe the exterior is retro, then look to the interior sketches. I think everyone will agree that the interior sketch(dash) is retro and there is no way they would mate a retro interior to a modern exterior.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:27 PM

Yet others will complain because it doesn't have AWD, or doesn't have the Z06's 7 liter engine.
Would you please keep your negativity to yourself, thanks!!!