2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Petition for jetstream blue on camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:42 PM

Petition for jetstream blue on camaro!

Guys we need to make sure to let gm know that we all want the jetstream blue on the camaro. Gm has the power to add it, They change color options on cars all the time even in the middle of the production year. Gm does pay attension to what we say here so lets get a jetstream blue petition going or something...
Old 10-04-2008, 02:56 AM

WHAT BLUE DO YOU WANT TO ELIMINATE? I LIKE THE DARK BLUE. SO IF YOU WOULD EREPLACE IT THEN I SAY ! EVERY BODY HAS A COLOR THEY LIKE BEST. IF I DONT LIKE THE SHADE OF BLUE ON THE CAR WHEN I SEE IT IN PERSON THEN I WILL PICK ANOTHER COLOR. TO BAD GM JUST CANT PAINT EACH CAR TO THE COLOR WE LIKE BEST COULDNT BE MORE THAN A $4000.00 DOLLAR OPTION
Old 10-04-2008, 11:51 AM

I thought there was already a petition for a lighter blue.

I personally like that Hydro Blue that is coming on the Solstices.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:41 PM

Thumbs up awesome awesome

any one that has seen JSB at all the car shows that i'v been too has made the remark about how awesome that color is on the Vette. fact is that the one's iv seen win at the shows are the one's with JSB.
Please GM, if not now maybe as soon as you can
make a Jetstream blue Camaro.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:26 PM

i agree with hotdeal! i'm not trying to step on anybodys toes here but personally i think the blue that was on my 2003 silverado would look very sharpe on the camaro, i think it was called arrival blue.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:01 PM

I know there was a darker blue, but what happened to "Aqua Blue Metallic"?

I sure wouldn't mind having "Medium Quasar Blue Metallic" back. I had it on my '97, and by the numbers it was a "rare" car as the color was actually discontinued in late production of 1996, but made it over to a few of the '97 cars. My 97 also had an analog odometer with orange-ish needles on the gages, which was only a select number of early '97 cars as well. (excuse me while I get carried away with 4th gen history...)

Blue seems to be one of those colors that I think a lot of manufacturers neglect. They either go very dark, or something way too light/airy like "Windveil blue" on the Mustang, which might as well be silver. A vibrant/electric/brilliant blue with a metallic flake really makes a car pop.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by 97QuasarBlue3.8
I know there was a darker blue, but what happened to "Aqua Blue Metallic"?
ABM looks to me like it can't decide on whether it's green or blue....it's definitely a love-it or hate-it color.
Originally Posted by 97QuasarBlue3.8
A vibrant/electric/brilliant blue with a metallic flake really makes a car pop.
I agree with you on that!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:07 PM

Angry

Originally Posted by HTWLSS
ABM looks to me like it can't decide on whether it's green or blue....it's definitely a love-it or hate-it color.

I agree with you on that!
I agree completely, and I HATE it. I have gone back to my local dealer at least a dozen times trying to convince myself that I like it, but I just can't. In all honesty I am not crazy about any of the colors. The only color that GM has that I like is Jetstream Blue. This will be my first new car and I don't want to settle for anything but exactly what I want. GM already has Jetstream Blue, they don't have to formulate a new color or anything, it exists and we want it....Whats the problem!?! I've wanted this car for a long time and I've been more than patient, so if I have to I'll wait a year in hopes orf Jetstream Blue, or maybe hope that SLP offers a special edition in a bright blue, but I CANNOT settle for Aqua Blue Metallic. It flops between a dull blue to a green to a purple in the shade. Simply put, Aqua Blue Metallic blows ***
Old 10-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by CTK1
I agree completely, and I HATE it. I have gone back to my local dealer at least a dozen times trying to convince myself that I like it, but I just can't. In all honesty I am not crazy about any of the colors. The only color that GM has that I like is Jetstream Blue. This will be my first new car and I don't want to settle for anything but exactly what I want. GM already has Jetstream Blue, they don't have to formulate a new color or anything, it exists and we want it....Whats the problem!?! I've wanted this car for a long time and I've been more than patient, so if I have to I'll wait a year in hopes orf Jetstream Blue, or maybe hope that SLP offers a special edition in a bright blue, but I CANNOT settle for Aqua Blue Metallic. It flops between a dull blue to a green to a purple in the shade. Simply put, Aqua Blue Metallic blows ***

I am not feeling the love for ABM either, but I heard many people at Indy say they liked it. I can't see it being popular enough for it to survive long, so maybe it'll be replaced by a better blue in the future. The Imperial Blue is nice, but Jetstream is too. Remember that some paints cost more than others. Perhaps Jetstream is out due to cost? I see a good green missing from the line up. Maybe we'll see a green in the future? Time will tell.
Those who order ABM may end up with one of those uncommon colors that in 10 years when we see it at a show, we'll remember it fondly.........(or not).
Old 10-07-2008, 01:05 PM

I would like to see the ABM replaced with JSB. I have planned on a blue Camaro since the concept was released and I would like a blue closer to the blue on my 68. JSB would be close enough.

If another blue is not available, I am back to the drawing board on color for the car..
Old 10-07-2008, 01:56 PM

You guys might get your wish.... looks like ABM has been omitted from the ordering workbook for the SS !
Old 10-07-2008, 01:57 PM

Looks like there's no blue at all for the SS. Weird.

My cousin and I saw the aqua blue at Indy and both of us hated it.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by HuJass
Looks like there's no blue at all for the SS. Weird.

Yes there will.....Imperial Blue!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by HTWLSS
Yes there will.....Imperial Blue!
So is this confirmation that ABM will NOT be available on the SS ??
Old 10-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by CamaroRick
So is this confirmation that ABM will NOT be available on the SS ??
No. I assume all colors are available. The previous post was worried that NO blue was available, but I was pointing out that Imperial Blue is.

In my opinion ABM isn't a true blue. It's more of a green/blue.

As I look at the Initial Ordering Workbook though, I don't see IB or AFM listed in the SS section. We know White is later (mentioned in Indy). Maybe the blue is too on the SS?

ChrisL will find out the answer....he has a direct line to the source.

Quick Reply: Petition for jetstream blue on camaro!