2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A personal message to you from Scott......

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 05:14 PM

Re: A personal message to you from Scott......

Thanks Scott! When the marketing campaign starts for this car, every commercial should have "thanks to Scott Settlemire for keeping hope alive in our most valued customers."
Old 01-15-2006, 05:49 PM

I'm pretty new to this site, but from what I've read so far, next to the Camaro you are the star.

Thanks for calling us, new and old, your friends.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:01 PM

Thank You!!

Now we just need a date for when we can buy one
Old 01-15-2006, 09:38 PM

You going to be at the New York auto show Scott? I'm hoping I'll be able to make it...I can't say I'm completely thrilled with the new concept, but I'm really happy that it's back. And hey, as long as it does well there is always the F6+ to look forward too Anyway, thanks for your hardwork and dedication. It's very cool to know that your as into these cars as the rest of us are
Old 01-16-2006, 05:39 AM

Hey Scott, i've been following this site for awhile and just realized where your from. I never put the Red Planet name with you being from Mars, PA. I bet the majority of the people on this site have no idea where that is. Since i'm from just outside of Pittsburgh, i've been to the Mars area a couple times.
Keep up the good work with the 5th Gen. It looks awsome.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:19 AM

Scott Settlemire... there had better be a Camaro version with those initials... a dedication to the man himself!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 06:53 AM

Talking Re: A personal message to you from Scott......

Originally Posted by SSbaby
Scott Settlemire... there had better be a Camaro version with those initials... a dedication to the man himself!!!
Never thought of it that way how fitting
Old 01-16-2006, 06:58 AM

Scott,

Very few people in the world truly understand what it's like to be crazy about a car. It amazes me to see not only how loyal you are to our beloved Camaro, but how loyal you are to all of us Camaro fans and owners. Thanks again for being our voice to G.M. and being the communicator from them to us. P.S. when you see a Blue Z-28 roll down the assembly line it will need to have the Settlemire signature dash package.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:44 AM

I am speechless... absolutly speechless. Scott, so glad that we (you and the rest of us) could be there w/ you as well! :thumbsup
Old 01-16-2006, 10:49 AM

Wish I could have been there on the 9th when the car rolled out ... but I wasn't, so at least I made it for the 14th!

It's almost embarrassing to admit the level of emotion that I (and most of us?) feel for the Camaro . I've been so "giddy" about it, I've laughed out loud in lieu of shedding tears, but I probably could have if I let my guard down!!

And to prove just how much my buddy and I wanted to see the concept, we made the 4+ hour drive to Detroit all the way from Oshawa, Ont., at 9pm on Friday night (got into Detroit around ~1:30am!) after having been in a serious car accident around 6pm when we first attempted to leave town in our other friend's Sunfire, but got rear-ended by a Yukon Denali! Wrote off the Sunfire, got an airbag in the face and whiplashed necks to boot, but made it home, got another vehicle, and hit the road again to Detroit!!

The concept is GREAT! I'd (personally) buy it just the way it sits. Thanks for helping us "Keep the Faith" Scott, and as others have said, thanks for sticking around HERE so long, putting up with everybody's crap, and keeping us "in the loop" as much as you could! Wish I could have seen you in Detroit to shake your hand and thank you personally. Now I just can't wait for the Camaro to be built so I can see it roaming and ruling the streets again like it used to. 'Til then, I've got that nice poster from the show pinned up on my bedroom wall!!! She's so pretty!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 11:14 AM

I am speechless! Wow that was powerful! I am so excited about the concept! I cried watching it on the gm cam lol. Thanks for everything!
Kara
Old 01-16-2006, 11:23 AM

Just got back from NAIAS last night, WOW, great experience!
Thanks Scott for the support during the hiatus! I'd liked to got to thank you in person, but I realize how important you job is, especially NOW, with our car back!...(well, almost)
There we a LOT of great cars there. But, the Camaro had an awsome, show dominating presence!.
Tho, there was some things I didn't "love" about it, I found myself, as others, going back to see it over & over & over again...Drove my wife a little bonkers..
And every time, I had to wade through a lot of people to get an unobstructed view, and picture! I took over 500 pictures at the show!
I know, if it's any indication, there were more people around that car than the rest of all of GM's line up...to me, really says something!
GM needs this car, it brought some major excitment back to the Brand..and probably drew more people than usual to GM's stables.
Thanks for the words, and I know we'll prbably catch you at an event this year! Thanks...
Old 01-16-2006, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
And to prove just how much my buddy and I wanted to see the concept, we made the 4+ hour drive to Detroit all the way from Oshawa, Ont., at 9pm on Friday night (got into Detroit around ~1:30am!) after having been in a serious car accident around 6pm when we first attempted to leave town in our other friend's Sunfire, but got rear-ended by a Yukon Denali! Wrote off the Sunfire, got an airbag in the face and whiplashed necks to boot, but made it home, got another vehicle, and hit the road again to Detroit!!

soemone should forward this to Lutz and Wagoner,

that's how much this car means to us!
Old 01-16-2006, 03:23 PM

This camaro is the most beautiful thing ive ever seen. Ive owned 4 cars in my life. 1 3rd gen camaro and 3 4th gen trans ams. My next car is going to be that camaro. It is amazing. Good job scott.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:35 PM

Thanks for all youre help and support Scott. Definatley helped me "keep the faith".

Quick Reply: A personal message to you from Scott......