2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A personal message to you from Scott......

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 07:09 AM

Re: A personal message to you from Scott......

Like I said in another thread Scott, thank you for keeping the hope alive for so many years.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:11 AM

Scott,
I am one probably of the older posters on this board at 52. I have owned about 12 Chevy's and 6 other GM cars, over the years. My first 3 cars were all 55's and I now own a 79 Camaro and a 71 Monte Carlo. (daily driver 2000 Pontiac GTP) All that is to say, I have always been a Chevy guyn at heart. That has not been easy the last few years. Vette notwithstanding, I had begun to despair of Chevy ever having exciting cars again. I mean, come on, Malibu Maxx? Even the last few years of concepts were bland and boring or bizarre and robotic.
But, the new Camaro gives me hope for all of Chevrolet. I hope its spirit will infect the entire division and usher in a whole new era of Chevy excitement and dominance. The bowtie has a heartbeat again and it has re-grown some *****. Chevy is BACK!
Old 01-15-2006, 08:55 AM

Over the past 4 years being called stupid for believing someone said "Keep the faith", it was all worth when that Camaro rolled out.

You rule, Scott.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:06 PM

Thanks for not losing faith in US Senor Settlemire. You had every chance in the world to just stop posting and leaving us in the dark here because of the stupid comments people would make or for posters saying that they're sick of waiting and have lost their faith. Thank you for wading through all that rubbish to keep the true "believers" occupied.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:10 PM

thanks for teaching me that GM does listen to us. Thanks for showing us that there are real car guys at GM, and they are in places that are making a difference.

Thanks for helping turn this Mustang guy into a Camaro Fan.

While I was never an All Ford guy, I like all cars, Camaros less than Mustangs, but this one is different. Hopefully it will be the every day usuable kind of car that my present mustang is.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by bbbeast
Thanks alot, for keepin the faith.

I, personally, look forward to seeing the concept Camaro @ Gathering 10 in Atlanta. Ga Memorial Day weekend

Thanks again,
Don :bowtie:
Don Cindy and I will see you at G-10 in Atlanta and Scott knows how we feel about him and the new car. You are in for a real treat as pics do not do it justice in just how good it really is. If you want to see pics Cindy and I took up there go to http://community.webshots.com/user/wmss
There is pics of me and cindy at the hotel with others and has our name on them to find us in the pics
Old 01-15-2006, 12:51 PM

I don't care what anyone say's make the car I will buy it
Old 01-15-2006, 01:15 PM

I'm not the most emotional guy in the world but I have to admit, hearing the reaction from the crowd as the Camaro rolled out onto the floor was an absolute tear-jerker.

I watched the webcast with my wife and I think she was even a bit stunned by my reaction to the car. All I can say is I'll be smiling from ear to ear (despite how many times I'll get smacked on the back of the head) when she finds me in the garage at 3:00AM, sitting in my new 5th Gen Camaro.

Thanks for keeping our faith in the Camaro brand alive and many more thanks to you Scott, and to everyone else who was involved, for building us an amazing Camaro! I can't wait to see it in person at Cleveland and I'll be in line along with numerous others to bring one home!
Old 01-15-2006, 01:24 PM

Thanks Scott. Very cool that you even take the time out to keep us as informed as allowed, and especially for keeping our hopes up over the past few years. I'm a Pontiac guy, so I will always miss the Firebird/TA, but the new Camaro is hot and I am praying that you guys are further along than we've been led to believe. If we could buy one in 2007 as an 08 model, that would be sweet!! I can't wait to read your book, all that history especially the last 10 years is really fascinating. Thank You again Scott and thanks GM!!

Old 01-15-2006, 01:28 PM

Scott, can I be your apprentice?
Old 01-15-2006, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
Scott, can I be your apprentice?
Apprentice eh?

Now there's one reality TV show that would NOT suck (unlike all theother cough, cough, 'reality' shows). The re-birth of the Camaro... no need for them to script in fake drama, intrigue and excitement... it's all there for real! When some clueless beancounter says "It's too expensive - let's make it front wheel drive with a 4 banger! Ponycars are dead."... Scott says.... "You're fired!"

Thanks Scott, for championing our cause at GM!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 03:25 PM

I've been waiting for this car since the middle of '03 when I picked up my '94 and started lurking around here.

If it wasn't for you Scott, I would have given up long ago. It was basically THIS forum that kept me going, and now we can all look at the car in person and see that what we've been waiting for 4-6-8 years is finally here.

:cheers:
Old 01-15-2006, 04:01 PM

Thumbs up Re: A personal message to you from Scott......

Scott................I know that I am not your "typical" Camaro owner ( old guy who likes to Roadrace!!!) But you keep the "Dream" alive.

As I stated in my e-mail to Chevrolet, if they build it, I will buy it!!

Thanks for all you do for our "community"

It is YOU Who deserves "Thanks"

Respectfully,
G. Matteson
Old 01-15-2006, 04:01 PM

I take it you'll be at Carlisle? I'll see you there man. Missed you last year tho
Old 01-15-2006, 04:31 PM

Wow, Scott, Thanks, your message put tears in my eyes just like every time I watch the unveiling video. Thank you for keeping the faith inside all of us, without you so much would have been lost over the years.

Thank you again, Scott, you and the team did a great job!

-Chris Haley

Quick Reply: A personal message to you from Scott......