2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Orange Metallic Camaro was photographed by someone. Finally a new color

Old 09-25-2008, 05:46 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by diarmadhi
I was one of those people, and everyone i have personally met (mods and members) are enthusiasts NOT dealers. As to who owns it.. could care less, they dont make me pay for anything or shop anywhere. The community is those who contribute, not who pays for the server/bandwidth. PM me if you want any further info or if you want to bash more, but leave it out of the threads, and off this board..
It is what it is, no need to hide the facts....... but we're talking more than just servers and bandwidth. Priddy doesnt give her pictures out for free. There had to be more behind that site besides "enthusiasts".

I personally find it hard to believe a Chevy dealership is funding a Camaro enthusiast website with no ulterior motives. No company is in business to spend money without an expectation of return on investment.

To this point, as far as I'm concerned - no harm, no foul... I'm not going to tell someone or some company how they should spend their money... but yeah, I'm interested to see what develops on this front for sure.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
It is what it is, no need to hide the facts....... but we're talking more than just servers and bandwidth. Priddy doesnt give her pictures out for free. There had to be more behind that site besides "enthusiasts".

I personally find it hard to believe a Chevy dealership is funding a Camaro enthusiast website with no ulterior motives. No company is in business to spend money without an expectation of return on investment.

To this point, as far as I'm concerned - no harm, no foul... I'm not going to tell someone or some company how they should spend their money... but yeah, I'm interested to see what develops on this front for sure.

Whelp if you want to hash it out.. (this is your board).

1. I didn't know the images linked where priddys.. where has that been stated? (was it in the embedded info in the image?) From what i can tell from the original poster (haven't met him) is that he is someone that works for GM corporate.

2. I would agree no company is there to give out free money.. So where are they getting the money? I sure haven't been pressured or even approached to purchase anything, heck there are only 2 salesmen (2 different dealers) on the board that post, and neither get preferential treatment. So where is the profit? Like you said you don't run a website on wishes...(or purchase spy photos for that matter..)

3. As to what develops *shrug* as long as the information is good (and GM approved, yes the mods have been approached to remove info), what difference does it make who disseminates it? I personally just get tired of the "we are better camaro fans than them" attitude. There are no "better" camaro enthusiasts, we are all equal regardless of where you post or get your information.

Personal gripe:
The community over there is more of an open accepting community than here.. here people get jumped on constantly (hell even Mr. Z284ever can attest to that) for there opinions, told they are wrong and bicker over ridiculous things. At least over there the posters and mods are more interested in information than picking the car apart trying to determine if its better to upgrade from (insert fbod gen here) or stay with their current fbod.

In closing, if its good enough for fbodfather to post and visit, post, and interact, then its good enough for me, and be damned anyone who feels that those who participate in "other" forums as lesser enthusiasts.

Last edited by diarmadhi; 09-25-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Admin Emeritus

Whatever the case, I'd rather this didn't get ugly here, guys. I'd also like people to continue to be in a freeflowing community, and not one that calls a side and only goes to another to push theirs. This community isn't for that sort of thing, just like it isn't for negative Camaro bashing and I'll bet we can all agree on that.

I think we all should pass over this issue and let it work itself out instead of making enemies out of each other.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:58 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

whoa... stand down there compadre. lets not turn this into a "whose site is better" conversation.

This isnt my site. It's Chris and Jason's. I help here. I run my own tiny board in a small corner of the internet. To that point... lets not construde my opinions as representative of anyone elses, and most certainly not representative of Chris and Jason's. I'm posting my opinions of some facts that I've known about a few months.

I met TAG and a few others in Indy, and they seem like good folks. So dont go there etiher.

I'm just answering some questions alot of folks have been wondering about for a long time, because those of us doing this web thing for 10+ years knew things just werent adding up.

Last edited by ChrisL; 09-25-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:13 AM

so........how about that orange?
Old 09-30-2008, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
I met TAG and a few others in Indy, and they seem like good folks. So dont go there etiher.

I'm just answering some questions alot of folks have been wondering about for a long time, because those of us doing this web thing for 10+ years knew things just werent adding up.
It was a pleasure meeting you too, Chris, and we had a blast at Indy! Half of our Mod team was there and anyone else who 'met' us knows we are true enthusiasts just like we say. I know the question remains not about "US," but about the Admins. I'd love to go there, but won't step on the toes of the person who made my second home (besides my real one) possible. I will say that in 2 1/2 years, if it were owned by a Chevy dealer, they sure have been good at keeping it quiet!!! And are REALLY lenient with letting a few other Chevy dealers advertise the heck out of their dealers! CamaroScotty out of Wisconsin, Karl Chevrolet, etc....

Hey, it's not about who is better. I post all over the net. We all love the Camaro and we should all be happy we have such places to get together and discuss what we love. Thanks to Jason and Chris over here for keeping this a great place as well.

Ya'll take care!

.....oh, and about that inferno orange.....I'm just going to have to see it to appreciate it ON a new Camaro. The Solstice just didn't do it for me at Indy. Still leaning towards cyber gray metallic. Now THAT is an incredible color!!

Last edited by TAG UR IT; 09-30-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT
.....oh, and about that inferno orange.....I'm just going to have to see it to appreciate it ON a new Camaro. The Solstice just didn't do it for me at Indy. Still leaning towards cyber gray metallic. Now THAT is an incredible color!!
Could part of that be because it was on a new ZR1?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:01 PM

how many camaro colors will be metallic and how many non? is this color metallic?
Old 10-09-2008, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by JChan611
how many camaro colors will be metallic and how many non? is this color metallic?
The title says "metallic"
Old 10-09-2008, 09:59 PM

Looks too metallic in a couple of those pics, like between metallic and metal flake. Would have to see in person before deciding if I like it or not. I'm on the fence right now slightly leaning towards 'nah'.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by My Red 93Z-28
Could part of that be because it was on a new ZR1?
im sure that was alot of it. i thought it looked amazing on that zr1 and im sceptical how it will look on the camaro.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:06 PM

That doesn't look like Oshawa - maybe a supplier judging from all the seat foam in the background? Could be getting a retrofit for a show or something. Also, I bet someone ends up getting canned or at least disciplined for those pics - especially since they have other people in them who can be identified.

-Geoff
Old 10-10-2008, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by diarmadhi
The community over there is more of an open accepting community than here.. here people get jumped on constantly (hell even Mr. Z284ever can attest to that)
Some people just deserve it.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:12 PM

They really dropped the ball on the Orange. It is way too reddish orange. I liked the concept orange a million times better.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:36 PM

My brother just got a 2008 Ignition Orange Metallic Pontiac G8 and this color looks exactly like the color of his car! And if it is the same color, its gonna look really nice on a Camaro! Its one of those colors that looks different depending on the lighting.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Orange Metallic Camaro was photographed by someone. Finally a new color