2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Notes from the Los Angeles Auto Show, Part 1:

Old 11-22-2008, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
Oh...yes!!!! Plenty.

The auto show isn't going to change that much. I'll write about this in part 2 (which will be on the future vehicles section), but Ford's new cars simply have the best interiors. I'll go into detail in that post, but Mustang's interior is cured of all cheapness (the whole frigging dash is soft now save for the glovebox and the standard shiny fake metal dash trim and the area around the HVAC controls. But Mustang is nothing next to the new Fusion interior.... even the console has a soft rubberized feel instead of hard cheap plastic.!
I read that it's actually real aluminum pieces now.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by mdenz3
Care to post some for those of us who don't get to see it in person?
4 rolls are getting developed now. I'll transfer them to the scanner on Monday (yes, I take pictures the old fashioned way).

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
I read that it's actually real aluminum pieces now.
You know aht really blows me away about the Mustang interior is that it feels very European now. In fact, the whole car feels European. The design is all Mustang, but the design has a buttoned down warmth that Asian imports simply don't have and American cars haven't had for decades. There really isn't any gimmicks or gaudiness about the design inside or out. I really, really like what they did to the Stang.

When I first saw pictures of the rear end, I was all but grossed out. But seeing it in person with the rest of the car next to the current version (the current Bullit was parked next to one of the GTs on display and all the Mustangs open to the press to sit in and compare) made the current version seem like it was done by an amature with a straightedge and no money to finish padding the interior.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:32 AM

tis true, real aluminum now, no more silver painted plastic.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:37 AM

I have to agree about the Mustang, it really does look nice now. Though I see part of the way they made it appear smaller is by adding a lot more black non-painted textured plastic. On the GT model I saw, the rocker mldg is not painted like the current GT's. And the face looks a little squished, but other than that it looks great.

The Fusion, I was only able to see the hybrid(doors were locked) and the only changes I can see is the center stack and console, mainly. Though, it does look nicer. The exterior has more detail as well and more character lines to the rr cover. The frt fascia is better looking in person as photos don't do it any justice.

This is the SF AutoShow, BTW.

So, when is part 2 coming? And photos?
Old 11-26-2008, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
4 rolls are getting developed now. I'll transfer them to the scanner on Monday (yes, I take pictures the old fashioned way).

seriously????

I say we start a "Buy guionM a digital camera for Xmas" fund.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:32 PM

The Mustang interior has been upgraded for only one reason....the customers demanded it.

Owners, wannabe owners, automotive writers and fans have been complaining for years about how cheap and crummy the Mustang interior was. And look how long it took Ford to do something about it. Had they responded to all the complaints sooner there might be a few less customers on the waiting list for the new Camaro.