2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NOT a rumor, camaros were in troy(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 02:43 PM

Did the yellow SS have the ambient lighting? Those panels look like the fabric covered ones that made the rounds at the shows, yet the car has leather seats, 2SS?
Old 03-28-2009, 05:35 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Did the yellow SS have the ambient lighting? Those panels look like the fabric covered ones that made the rounds at the shows, yet the car has leather seats, 2SS?

No -- most Captive Test Fleet cars had 1LT cloth placed in the IP and door panels rather than polycarbonate -- we were still working on many issues then.....I suspect we'll upfit them before they go to market.

Camaros there:

1LT with 6-speed manual - Inferno Orange with Black cloth interior (Cheryl's)
1LT with 6-speed manual - Victory Red with -- I believe -- gray cloth - (Lisa's)
2SS with 6-speed manual - Victory Red with black leather (Jim's)
2SS/RS with 6-speed manual -- Rally Yellow with Black leather (mine)

Giving mine to Cheryl on Monday -- taking hers to airport.....she drives mine for a few days and then gives it to Jim to drive to Florida -- for some more test miles....

I'm gonna miss him! (the SS/RS, not Jim....) --

More Camaro moments:

Drove over to Gratiot Avenue looking for a new home CD player -- mine's toast.... -- parked outside of Best Buys -- came out to find about 6 people standing around the SS/RS -- all taking pictures -- one lady said "I'm in love and I'm ordering one on Monday!"

...Several 'thumbs up' on Gratiot -- a few horns blowing......a blue Mustang followed me into another parking lot -- waited until I was out of site -- and then jumped out to check it out...(I was watching from the store..)

....stopped at Barnes and Noble to buy the latest Hemmings Classic Car mag -- our good friend Leigh Scott (GM Design) is on the cover restoring his 66 Caprice -- also found three copies of "Camaro Milestones" -- grabbed all three for the team -- and as I was checking out, the cashier -- an older gentleman -- said "I saw one of these this morning - and I covet it!" -- so I said "oh? what color was it and where did you see it?" - and he said "here on Mack Avenue at Caribou Coffee - it was a beauty -- bright yellow, you couldn't miss it!" -- and I said -- well -- that was me......... His eyes got real big and looked outside --I'd left the halos on -- and he said -- "that may just be the best looking car ever built!" --

This car has magic..............or presence...........or both......

not that I'm prejudiced or anything..............

..........................just sayin'..........

Last edited by Fbodfather; 03-28-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:41 PM

That's just awesome man. It's so nice that w/ all the drama going on at GM, that there is this oportunity to enjoy cars for what they are, to see the smiles on peoples faces, and the joy it brings, however brief, to those who see it and appreciate it. Sounds like you had a good day.

Just to be clear, when you get a 1SS, the door panels will be a plastic (the kind w/ the texture on it, not the glossy finish on the 2SS panels, and not fabric covered. Yes?
Old 03-28-2009, 08:04 PM

I never realized how small the trunk entrance looked until this picture. Its a big trunk, but a small entrance.

Oh well... it might be a normal entrance, because that car is freakin huge.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by King Moose SS
Oh well... it might be a normal entrance, because that car is freakin huge.
It's not a normal entrance. There's a license plate there -- look at the relative size. The bottom of the opening isn't even as wide as two license plates.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:14 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by CLEAN
That's just awesome man. It's so nice that w/ all the drama going on at GM, that there is this oportunity to enjoy cars for what they are, to see the smiles on peoples faces, and the joy it brings, however brief, to those who see it and appreciate it. Sounds like you had a good day.

Just to be clear, when you get a 1SS, the door panels will be a plastic (the kind w/ the texture on it, not the glossy finish on the 2SS panels, and not fabric covered. Yes?

uhhmmmmm.........fabric covered, I believe. (gotta go look at one!) As I recall, the only model with a 'vinyl' insert is the 1LS........Cheryl will have to correct me if I'm wrong -- but 1LTs and 1SSs get fabric -- 2LTs and 2SSs get polycarbonate with light pipes.

You're right -- things worldwide are bad right now -- everyone's feeling the pinch --

........and this car makes me smile -- "perma-grin" -- and I am so anxious to experience "Your" cars thru your notes on this site......

I got home from running a lot of errands late this afternoon.....parked him --

........looked out a little while later -- and it was kinda like he was sayin'

"...come on, Dad......let's go for another ride -- ..."

..................so of course, we did....

yup.....some would say I'm "sick" -- so sue me!

Last edited by Fbodfather; 03-29-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
uhhmmmmm.........fabric covered, I believe. (gotta go look at one!) As I recall, the only model with a 'vinyl' insert is the 1LS......
That could be. The one we sat in at the DFW show probably was an LS (don't remember the wheels), and it had the plastic panels. I would prefer the cloth, so thats a good thing if thats what the 1SS comes w/.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:57 PM

Great pics!! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 03-29-2009, 02:02 PM

Those are some pretty interesting interior pictures, I just had a few questions about them though,

Is the door handle really that low on the door? That seems like it might be a little awkward to open from inside....

If you get one without the extra gauges by the shifter (ie a V6), do you really only get a coolant temperature and gas gauge?

and is the door lock button on the radio? under the caution flashers?
I cant figure out what else that would be...

I still love the exterior but next to the 4th gen it does look very tall... I love how low and sleek my bird looks. And whats up with the trunk opening? looks like a really bad case of looks over functionality...

Hopefully these complaints will take a back seat when I get to drive one on wednesday But some insight would be helpful
Old 03-30-2009, 06:39 AM
West South Central Moderator

Originally Posted by 1997FormulaBird
Is the door handle really that low on the door? That seems like it might be a little awkward to open from inside....

If you get one without the extra gauges by the shifter (ie a V6), do you really only get a coolant temperature and gas gauge?

and is the door lock button on the radio? under the caution flashers?
I cant figure out what else that would be...

I still love the exterior but next to the 4th gen it does look very tall... I love how low and sleek my bird looks. And whats up with the trunk opening? looks like a really bad case of looks over functionality...

Hopefully these complaints will take a back seat when I get to drive one on wednesday But some insight would be helpful
I do remember that the door handle was a bit awkward from inside. I'm sure it will be easy enough to get used to with regular usage

There are several other readings available in the DIC.

The Door lock button IS under the radio.

I agree about the trunk opening. The trunk lid looks huge from the outside, but the opening is tiny! I'm guessing it was done that way mainly because the spoiler. Maybe, just maybe it might have looked a bit better if the trunk line followed either the fender crease in to where the opening narrows down, or if the trunk line would have followed the line started by the rear glass, then gone down straight to the side of the inside light? And if it would have done that, then maybe the inside light and all the area between the 2 inside lights would have been a part of the trunk lid to allow a much larger opening? And then, 1 more maybe, if that would have been done, then maybe the entire back glass and the trunk lid could have all come up together as a hatch design to allow a HUGE rear opening where the back seats could fold down to have a VERY large (possibly class leading?) cargo area?

But I am sure they did what they thought was best and surely the car is much stiffer as a true coupe with a small trunk opening
Old 03-30-2009, 07:00 AM

is it just me or does that 4th gen look like it is lower over all, than the 5th gen? it looks like the 5th gen is a bit taller. i figured the lower roof line would make it shorter than the 4th gens.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
No -- most Captive Test Fleet cars had 1LT cloth placed in the IP and door panels rather than polycarbonate -- we were still working on many issues then.....I suspect we'll upfit them before they go to market.

Camaros there:

1LT with 6-speed manual - Inferno Orange with Black cloth interior (Cheryl's)
1LT with 6-speed manual - Victory Red with -- I believe -- gray cloth - (Lisa's)
2SS with 6-speed manual - Victory Red with black leather (Jim's)
2SS/RS with 6-speed manual -- Rally Yellow with Black leather (mine)

Giving mine to Cheryl on Monday -- taking hers to airport.....she drives mine for a few days and then gives it to Jim to drive to Florida -- for some more test miles....

I'm gonna miss him! (the SS/RS, not Jim....) --

More Camaro moments:

Drove over to Gratiot Avenue looking for a new home CD player -- mine's toast.... -- parked outside of Best Buys -- came out to find about 6 people standing around the SS/RS -- all taking pictures -- one lady said "I'm in love and I'm ordering one on Monday!"

...Several 'thumbs up' on Gratiot -- a few horns blowing......a blue Mustang followed me into another parking lot -- waited until I was out of site -- and then jumped out to check it out...(I was watching from the store..)

....stopped at Barnes and Noble to buy the latest Hemmings Classic Car mag -- our good friend Leigh Scott (GM Design) is on the cover restoring his 66 Caprice -- also found three copies of "Camaro Milestones" -- grabbed all three for the team -- and as I was checking out, the cashier -- an older gentleman -- said "I saw one of these this morning - and I covet it!" -- so I said "oh? what color was it and where did you see it?" - and he said "here on Mack Avenue at Caribou Coffee - it was a beauty -- bright yellow, you couldn't miss it!" -- and I said -- well -- that was me......... His eyes got real big and looked outside --I'd left the halos on -- and he said -- "that may just be the best looking car ever built!" --

This car has magic..............or presence...........or both......

not that I'm prejudiced or anything..............

..........................just sayin'..........
it IS the best looking car ever built.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:58 AM

I had a great time with everyone and it was a nice way to open up the 2009 season! Everyone was really nice and it was great that you let Mike, a new member of our club, ride with you! That was awesome. Jake, our VP, was able to drive with Jim and he enjoyed every minute of it. If I didn't buy my GTO recently, I was really considering a new Camaro. But times are hard! It's really hard to look at something so beautiful and not be able to have it... That is why I don't like window shopping! The pain... the horror!

Thanks again to everyone!

Last edited by ZGOBYBY; 03-30-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:26 AM

I had a great time out there on Friday!! I was lucky enough to take a ride in the Red SS/RS!! I had a camera mounted up on the front windshield of the car and got a great video!!

P.S. I just signed up here! It was nice meeting and talking with Jason there on Friday.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Special Guest

Originally Posted by speeding2fast2c
I had a great time out there on Friday!! I was lucky enough to take a ride in the Red SS/RS!! I had a camera mounted up on the front windshield of the car and got a great video!!

P.S. I just signed up here! It was nice meeting and talking with Jason there on Friday.
OK so where is the video???? HMMMMMMMMM you promised.

Quick Reply: NOT a rumor, camaros were in troy(pics)