2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Not a personal digg...but I understand

Old 11-13-2008, 08:38 PM

Not a personal digg...but I understand

This will probably be moved but anyway...The entire time from the concepts inception I have been following this car and up until the unveiling of the production version was unveiled I was a cheerleader. I jumped ship because things that were attractive to me changed. I got flamed a few times on this board, and understood it. Honestly I still have always hoped and prayed that this car would make into production. Well lets fast forward to today Gm is in a financial situation. People want to blame it on pensions wages health benefits etc. Well to my point long story short...My wife has a 2005 G6 and she had a factory fix she needed (powersteering sensor) anyway the car wasn't there a entire day we get the car and it sits for a couple days. I drive it on a errand and notice a grinding sound when braking thinking well the calipers might be going out because the rotors and pads were changed about four months prior.
No big deal well next time she is in the car she complains about the grinding, I play it off until I get in the car today and It is really grinding. Well I take the wheel off and expect to see ruff rotors on the outside and I don't touch the inside and they are very rough I pull the pad off the inside ad low and behold the pads are on backwards metal to metal... I start to think back and ask my wife when did she notice the noise and she says after she got the car back from the dealership...Long story short I try to Call them on this because for four months no grinding and as soon as we get the car back grinding. well of course ""we did'nt do it etc. etc"....I'm pissed, it's not a real hard fix because original rotors weren't bad and having them turned is cheap its just the point.
I can do the work a lot of people can't and the point I'm trying to make is this your customer service is your first line to the customer, and really a simple fix could have solved the problem turn the frickin rotor... So I now understand that there is no one problem that is hitting the american automakers the is an a few but service, from dealer markups to recalls to bad egineering(northstar head gasket problem) to unattractive models. In this day and age vehicles cost to much for people to settle. I have had six gm vehicles and I swear that my wifes G6 will be the last.... With that said Goodluck Camaro I hope you make it...I'm still pissed. Good luck guys.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:58 PM

Where was the G6 built?
Old 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM

Why post this? I guess I just don't get it.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:51 PM

This sound more like a problem with a specific dealership to me.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

So, after five GM vehicles (with which you apparently didn't have any problems), you have a bad experience with one Pontiac dealer's service department. And now you're not going to buy a Chevrolet?

To each his own, but either you're not telling us the whole story or your logic is flawed.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
So, after five GM vehicles (with which you apparently didn't have any problems), you have a bad experience with one Pontiac dealer's service department. And now you're not going to buy a Chevrolet?

To each his own, but either you're not telling us the whole story or your logic is flawed.
Maybe you missed it, he was not going to buy a new Camaro anyway because from concept to production it got ugly, the rest of his complaining and moaning about the service on his G6 was just piling it on.
Clyde

Last edited by wildpaws; 11-14-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: text correction
Old 11-14-2008, 06:25 PM

I'd have complained to the district rep....and you still should. There is no excuse for that and the district rep should know about it so the problem can be corrected in the future regardless if it was caused at manufacture when new or the dealer later. How can they argue something so rediculous?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:52 PM

Honest to goodness, no pontiac has ever appealed to me except the Trans AM and GTO. I dont know, I think Chevy invested too much time and effort into the Camaro to have any faults when it comes out.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildpaws
he was not going to buy a new Camaro anyway because from concept to production it got ugly
That's a load of bull. Unless they're side by side, you can barely tell the difference.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:50 PM

That's a load of bull. Unless they're side by side, you can barely tell the difference.
The only obvious difference I can spot in the production version is that it doesn't have the front and side brake vents.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:47 PM

I agree with you, but that obviously seemed to be his take on it!
Clyde
Old 11-16-2008, 05:43 PM

im a little lost with this story. so the service shop didnt know how to change brakes. why is that gm's problem. the dealers are independently owned.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
im a little lost with this story. so the service shop didnt know how to change brakes. why is that gm's problem. the dealers are independently owned.
And you can find an incompetent dealer mechanic at any brand. In theory, your chances are better at a premium dealership, because they tend to pay their mechanics better. But then so do you
Old 11-17-2008, 05:13 AM

Outside of his problem with the Camaro, he has a valid complaint even if it should be addressed in a letter to the district/regional rep for dealers.
While dealers are independently owned, they are the front lines of GM. GM cant sell a single car without them, so if they suck at what they do, which is to sell GM cars and repair GM cars, then GM lost a sale to someone else. Be it the next oil change, brake service, maint. service, or the next car, GM no longer has that customer.
The dealer did not invite the customer to come on back so they could inspect and rectify the situation, they did nothing to help the customer out, they told them "not my fault" and left it at that.
To some of us, its not big deal. Hell, most of us would have probably change the brakes ourselves. But to the other 99% of people out there who go to dealers to get things done, that pay the bill and walk away worse off then before, then there is a problem.

Had they towed the customers car into the shop, found out what the problem was, and then came up with a plan on how to fix it, Im sure that this guy would be more then happy, even if he did have to pay a little bit out of pocket had it not been something the dealer did, the customer would have felt that his dealer is looking out for them, not for the bottom line.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:22 PM

well obviously they need to do more training seminars if they dont even know how to put on a pair of brake pads.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not a personal digg...but I understand