2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(NOT) Hennessey`s camaro went bad..

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Prominent Member

OK...where's the biggest BS flag we've got here?

Clutches do NOT explode when fully engaged, "driving down the street"...period. This kind of carnage only happenes on a very high rpm clutch dump.

If a clutch was not properly tightened it would simply slip...

From the looks of the extreme amount of clutch dust underhood, on the engine itself, etc.... this car has been beaten on...severely.

Again, I'm not supporting Hennessy, but it's no wonder why GM on other tuner shops deny warrantees....
Old 01-25-2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden

Clutches do NOT explode when fully engaged, "driving down the street"...period. This kind of carnage only happenes on a very high rpm clutch dump.

From the looks of the extreme amount of clutch dust underhood, on the engine itself, etc.... this car has been beaten on...severely.

Again, I'm not supporting Hennessy, but it's no wonder why GM on other tuner shops deny warrantees....
maybe, don`t know.. all we have is the owners word, but, maybe he is saying that to get a warranty.

the only trut here is that the clutch wasn`t good enough for that application.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:23 PM

So your saying if a PP bolt or flywheel bolt or bolts were not properly torqued the clutch will simply slip and not fly apart? Really?

Larry
Old 01-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Prominent Member

Seen it happen...they just don't explode fully engaged at highway speeds....maybe at triple digits mph or over 7k rpm...but there should have been some vibration that should have told him to slow down. He would have at least had very little clutch pedal and the car would not have shifted properly.

Those clutch parts came out at extreme velocity....

Last edited by Doug Harden; 01-25-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:48 PM

Seen it happen...they just don't explode fully engaged at highway speeds....maybe at triple digits mph or over 7k rpm...but there should have been some vibration that should have told him to slow down. He would have at least had very little clutch pedal and the car would not have shifted properly.

Those clutch parts came out at extreme velocity....
My SPEC stage III carbon exploded on me when I tried shifting hard into third gear.. revs were probably around 4k... was in 2001 or 2002. They replaced it for free and said that they revised there stage III design. Something about using too heavy pressure spring in the clutch disk. A few board members had their stage III's crap out on them so SPEC took care of us. But yeah.... you have to be getting on it pretty good for it to explode... in my experience...

But on a side note I'm sure Hennessy needs to be punched in jaw again. Never have I seen so many complaints from a company.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:29 PM

Well well well guys... Let me start off by introducing myself... My name is James Howard, sales manager at Hennessey Performance in Sealy, TX. I was turned on to this thread from a customer of ours and would like to immediately address the concerns within this thread... I am sure this is going to shock all those who have posted in this thread...

THIS IS NOT A HENNESSEY PRODUCED VEHICLE

Hennessey Performance did not build this vehicle nor have we turned any wrenches on it and to the best of my knowledge didnt supply any of the parts built on this vehicle.

Upon looking at the images of the vehicle, it looks like to me that it may be 700XS Camaro SS. Would you guys agree?

Feel free to give me a call at the office (979-885-1300) or email me directly james@hennesseyperformance.com

Speak to you soon,
James
Old 02-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Prominent Member

James has a point.....
Old 02-05-2010, 03:30 PM

James has a point.....

yes he does...

maybe jason wants to delete this post, as it is about a hennessey`s car, and now we know this one is not..

or edit..
Old 02-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor

No, that is not a Hennessey car.

It is the Phastek 700XS package: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vqPAClw4Ac

And yes, that was a SPEC Stage 3+ carbon clutch that failed.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sean@Phastek
No, that is not a Hennessey car.

It is the Phastek 700XS package: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vqPAClw4Ac

And yes, that was a SPEC Stage 3+ carbon clutch that failed.
That's pretty honorable to show up and take claim on this, and clear Hennessey's name. I guess this stuff happens when you mod cars. Is SPEC taking responsibility???
Old 02-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Admin Emeritus

Edited the tread. Deleting it might help leave incorrect facts in people's minds if they didn't see post 21 and beyond.

James, thanks for letting us know.
Sean, thanks for stepping up.

Both, thanks for joining us!