2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

No Blue for SS!!

Old 10-10-2008, 10:51 PM

ChrisL,

Seeing as how you've known for quite some time now that SS will not be offered in blue, it must have been real hard to keep your lips sealed while people here were describing their dream SS's... in blue.

Sad deal.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by 97QuasarBlue3.8

To which I counter....

Come on GM, you paint them all in the same room....
Old 10-10-2008, 11:30 PM

I'm Very disturbed by the lackof blue in the ss trim.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:32 PM

They need to bring back "Electron Blue" in my opinion. That is probably my favorite blue that GM has produced. The "Impulse Blue" offered on the last GTO is nice as well.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:35 PM

Okay, who else is with me in thinking Ray Charles should be fired as the lead color selector for the Camaro?
Old 10-11-2008, 12:00 AM

Doesn't make any sense to give people paying a lot of cash less choice. Usually on a high end trim level you have more choices, not less, WTF!?? To me the Imperial Blue is just a classic color that reminds me of the old 68 ss machine as per Clean's post above. I was going to order a fully loaded SS w/ Imperial Blue and white rally stripes. But I am definitely not paying that much coin for a car I am not completely happy with.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:36 AM

um, yeah...this is pretty much the stupidest **** ever!!! I would have liked to order one around March/April, but this is just D-U-M; dumb!
Old 10-11-2008, 12:51 AM

Blue SS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 02:21 AM

I'm still not certain if I'll be able to afford an SS when I buy later next year, but if I can, Imperial Blue is one of my top two color choices and the one I am leaning toward (I'll have to see the other color on the car before I'm willing to accept it). If IBM is not available on the SS when I buy, I'm not certain I'll bother with stepping up to the SS. I definitely want the extra performance from the drive train and brakes, but like others have mentioned, I don't think I want to spend that kind of money on something I'm not happy with. My only hope is that it either gets added or the lack of blue is an indication that a different shade of blue will be released soon after release (although that's not any help for those ordering now).

Bottom line for me is that if Imperial Blue (or some other acceptable blue) isn't available on the SS when I'm ready to buy, but I'm able to afford the SS, I'll buy a used C6 instead.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:52 AM

Thumbs up Blue

Being blue is my fav please GM BLUE, Jetstremblue please for
the SS
Old 10-11-2008, 07:11 AM

if no blue on the ss

if gm don't put blue on the ss i will buy a new mustang!
think about that gm !
Old 10-11-2008, 07:11 AM

I am going to have to rethink my purchase if Blue does not end up being on the SS. A used GTO might have to fit the bill becaue the only color I wanted was blue, a color that has been my favorite back to the 1967 car's and will be the color of my 69 whenever I have time to paint it, and will be the color of my 98 in a year or two as well.

I am just hoping that its a late release color or something, but it should have been there from the start. GM must have analyzed that Blue was going to be popular and so they shouldn't sell SS's in blue because they might actually sell to many and god forbid they profit.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Disciple

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (20 min. down the road from the "Shwa"!)
I would just love to hear the reasoning behind this decision - because for the life of me, I sure as all hell can't understand why...
I'd also like to know who (singular or plural) made this decision...
If nobody at GM is prepared to provide this info, then I would interpret this to mean that here's a decision that nobody is happy about or proud of... and it needs to be fixed before it's too late.
By that, I mean it's too late when people start walking in next week to order the car and then walking out when they're told they can't order a performance car in a rich blue, muttering all sorts of disparaging things under their breath about "GM just not getting it" - as they leave the showroom.

OK - I found Scott's explanation on 5thGen:
Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Upset that we aren't offering Imperial Blue or Aqua Blue Metallic on the SS? The reason is 'deproliferation' -- meaning reduction in parts and build combinations. I don't agree with the decision - and I don't think a bunch of you do either -- so I suggest that someone start a thread about it -- keep it clean, everyone - but tell us what you think!!! We DO listen - and we are trying to get at least Imperial Blue released on the SS.......(there are color keyed parts that impact overall part counts...) You as a customer couldn't care less about part number counts -- but unfortunately we must.....

Start the thread!!!

Best regardSS,

Elie

Last edited by sselie; 10-11-2008 at 08:42 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 10-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Prominent Member

There seems to be a disconnect in thinking from what colors sold on the F3 & F4 and what sold on the F1 & F2 models...what I mean is, I know the blue hues didn't sell well on the later model cars...but these cars didn't look that good in blue, especially the shades of blues as offered.

With the similarity in design of the 'F5' model to the F1, it seems short sighted indeed to not offer a color that, looking around in the hobby at least, seems to be one of the most popular colors....i.e. Nassau Blue.

In my experience in restoring these cars, ,90%++ of the green cars were repainted in either reds or blues. They don't refer to them as "no sale green" for nothing.

Why offer multiple shades of grey...white...black...red...and totally ignore the fact that this car design screams for a light blue metallic....either Nassau Blue or Jetstream Blue.

Some would argue that the Nassau Blue C5's were discontinued for lack of sales, but I've yet to find one person who doesn't comment on how much they love the color of my C5....not one.

Do it...you know it has to be done.....
Old 10-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
There seems to be a disconnect in thinking from what colors sold on the F3 & F4 and what sold on the F1 & F2 models...what I mean is, I know the blue hues didn't sell well on the later model cars...but these cars didn't look that good in blue, especially the shades of blues as offered.
What? Navy Blue Metallic and Medium Blue Metallic 4th gens both look awesome.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Blue for SS!!