NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
Automated News Poster
Thread Starter
 
NewsBot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,093
Arrow NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

There has been a lot of speculation about when and what the next-gen Camaro will arrive as - we now have some answers.



More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
ALMIGHTY MEMBER
 
Fbodfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Detroit, MI USA
Posts: 2,294
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

.....offortheloveof...........





.
.
.

Take anything - - ANYTHING -- you read about a "6th Gen Camaro" with a grain of salt substitute...... (lower than a grain of salt....)

We have not announced anything and If we ARE working on a 6th gen - we aren't talking!



Now - as to those who WANT to know all about the 6th gen?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.





(sorry - I couldn't resist...............see - this is what happens when Jason shows me how to do stuff on the internet!)
Fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
Registered User
 
97QuasarBlue3.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,028
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

I must be getting old. I remember the launch of the 2002 35th Anniversary SS, and slightly before that, the 1997 30th Anniversary SS, and then in the middle, the great switch to the LS1 and controversial facelift.

My 5th gen is a year old and it still feels like a brand new car/platform/hype. At this point, I don't even want to know about the 5th gen!!!! This one still has years of driving pleasure in it, and the gas pedal still produces as much adrenaline as it did when I bought it.
97QuasarBlue3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
Registered User
 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 4,470
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

the caddy ATS should show us the future of the camaro, to an extent.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Confederate States of America
Posts: 1,050
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

Jeez I keep holding out hope the DI 6.2 is coming but I guess not anytime soon. Sat in a new Mustang the other day and didn't fit so I guess it is off the radar now. Legs hit the e brake handle and knees dig into the steering wheel. Have plenty of room int he Camaro and the steering wheel is telescoping which is nice. Looks like I'm down to Charger, Challenger, or Camaro now. Guess I'll get a feel for all 3 at the car show here in 2 weeks. Dodge didn't even have a Challenger last year at the show, Chevy had 3 Camaro's and they were mobbed the whole time I was there!
STOCK1SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Registered User
 
OutsiderIROC-Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Middle of Kansas
Posts: 2,700
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

I wonder how much more weight it will gain.
OutsiderIROC-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #7
Registered User
 
graham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: northeast Miss.
Posts: 2,892
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

Wont be long it'll be time for the 6th Gen news forum
graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #8
Registered User
 
King Moose SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,068
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

but the article said "confirmed"
King Moose SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
Registered User
 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 4,470
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

DI 5.5! cant wait!
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Brighton, IL
Posts: 694
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCK1SC View Post
Jeez I keep holding out hope the DI 6.2 is coming but I guess not anytime soon. Sat in a new Mustang the other day and didn't fit so I guess it is off the radar now. Legs hit the e brake handle and knees dig into the steering wheel. Have plenty of room int he Camaro and the steering wheel is telescoping which is nice. Looks like I'm down to Charger, Challenger, or Camaro now. Guess I'll get a feel for all 3 at the car show here in 2 weeks. Dodge didn't even have a Challenger last year at the show, Chevy had 3 Camaro's and they were mobbed the whole time I was there!
Not knocking your opinion but how tall are you? I'm 6'2" and fit just fine. There would be no room for a passenger behind me but I had plenty to work with considering leg room. I do think it could use a telescopic steering wheel like on the Camaro. I find your post odd considering when I sit in a Camaro I feel cramped and clausterphobic. No arguments. Just funny.
95firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Brighton, IL
Posts: 694
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
DI 5.5! cant wait!
I thought there were a couple of people on here that were adamant that the next gen V8's weren't going to be 5.5l? Personally I like the idea of higher tech, lower displacement engines. Which is almost a 180 from a few years ago. Hell much to the ire of alot of people here I would rather see a small displacement FI 6 than a large V8.
95firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #12
Registered User
 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 4,470
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

the DI5.5 is in the C6R right now making over 500HP. i think like 580. smaller , lighter, more power....sounds great to me for a smaller , lighter 6th gen. even if the production model had 450hp...it still would be much faster than now. hell , if it had 400, it would probably be faster than now, depending on the weight savings. not sure why some people arent open to the idea of the DI 5.5, but its doing great in racing now..... before the 7.0 showed up in the z06, it started life in the c5r as a test mule. and i think we all know how well it has done since then.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Confederate States of America
Posts: 1,050
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95firehawk View Post
Not knocking your opinion but how tall are you? I'm 6'2" and fit just fine. There would be no room for a passenger behind me but I had plenty to work with considering leg room. I do think it could use a telescopic steering wheel like on the Camaro. I find your post odd considering when I sit in a Camaro I feel cramped and clausterphobic. No arguments. Just funny.
I'm around 6'3" and my uncle just bought one and he is maybe 6ft or so but even after moving the seat my knees were hitting the wheel when I lifted off the gas and went for the brake, I have short legs so I can't slide the seat all the way back or I can't reach the clutch, I'm all upper torso which isn't a problem usually cause you can lean the seat back at a good angle but in his I felt like I was in a 350Z because my head was hitting the side of the door and you had to slump to see out the side. 350Z is the tightest car I have ever sat in for headroom, I couldn't wait to get out of it and swore I'd never get back in another. My Cobalt is no problem my head scratches the roof a bit but visibility is better than just about anything on the road but the dependability is the worst I've ever had.
STOCK1SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Brighton, IL
Posts: 694
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
the DI5.5 is in the C6R right now making over 500HP. i think like 580. smaller , lighter, more power....sounds great to me for a smaller , lighter 6th gen. even if the production model had 450hp...it still would be much faster than now. hell , if it had 400, it would probably be faster than now, depending on the weight savings. not sure why some people arent open to the idea of the DI 5.5, but its doing great in racing now..... before the 7.0 showed up in the z06, it started life in the c5r as a test mule. and i think we all know how well it has done since then.
I'd have no problem with a motor like that. It could be smaller than 5.5l and do just fine if they build the rest of the car to suit. I think some of those who aren't open to the idea are more of the "fear of change" variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCK1SC View Post
I'm around 6'3" and my uncle just bought one and he is maybe 6ft or so but even after moving the seat my knees were hitting the wheel when I lifted off the gas and went for the brake, I have short legs so I can't slide the seat all the way back or I can't reach the clutch, I'm all upper torso which isn't a problem usually cause you can lean the seat back at a good angle but in his I felt like I was in a 350Z because my head was hitting the side of the door and you had to slump to see out the side. 350Z is the tightest car I have ever sat in for headroom, I couldn't wait to get out of it and swore I'd never get back in another. My Cobalt is no problem my head scratches the roof a bit but visibility is better than just about anything on the road but the dependability is the worst I've ever had.
Gotcha. I hear you about the 350Z. I was looking at the 370Z briefly and with the seat positioned all the way to the rear and the seatback set against the cross brace I couldn't shift the car without my leg forcibly resting on the steering wheel. I could gain a little room if I tilted the wheel all the way up but that gave the wheel a school bus like angle to it. Not fun and pretty much killed those dreams.
95firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Stockton, Ca. USA
Posts: 666
Re: NEWS: Next-gen Chevy Camaro confirmed for 2016MY, 6.2L V8 engine to remain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
the DI5.5 is in the C6R right now making over 500HP. i think like 580. smaller , lighter, more power....sounds great to me for a smaller , lighter 6th gen. even if the production model had 450hp...it still would be much faster than now. hell , if it had 400, it would probably be faster than now, depending on the weight savings. not sure why some people arent open to the idea of the DI 5.5, but its doing great in racing now..... before the 7.0 showed up in the z06, it started life in the c5r as a test mule. and i think we all know how well it has done since then.
The 5.5 is not much lighter than a 6.2 if at all. i bet the 7 liter ls7 is even lighter.
TOO Z MAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: Motor Trend puts Chevy Camaro Z28 and Porsche 911 GT3 Head 2 Head NewsBot 2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia 0 12-28-2014 07:20 PM
Complete the look of your Camaro with Racer Body Kit! CARiD Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales 0 12-26-2014 05:20 AM
Camaro Podcast #483 - Mustang finally tops Camaro in November ChrisFrez CamaroZ28.Com Podcast 2 12-07-2014 07:01 PM
New! Total Blackout (or colors/CF) Decal Kit for 2010-13 Camaro @PFYC-PartsForYourCar PFYC Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales 0 12-04-2014 12:56 PM
NEWS: Mustang retakes monthly pony car sales crown from Camaro NewsBot 2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia 0 12-03-2014 01:30 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Copyright © 1996-2013 CamaroZ28.Com. All rights reserved.